What does the average chemist do?

What does the average chemist do?

Physicist

Pic= Me deciding on career

self bump

guys i really need help

dunno

Fuck puss and get money

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

Flip trick on a street corner

this is the science board tho
i asked about stem jobs

be a mathematician which is the leftmost guy with the books in your pic while the rest of Veeky Forums is to the right

>Pic= Me deciding on career
>If you want advice regarding college/university (((((or your career path))))), go to /adv/ - Advice

Fascinating that the sticky on the science board would still say this, almost as if it's aimed towards people thinking that science board includes science advice.

Sorry buddy but those are the rules. I know that /adv/ is garbage (should be renamed /rel/ for relationships) and you would be wasting your time to go there. The better answer is that the internet is a shit place to ask these questions. Go to career advising at your college. Call some employers and ask what the work entails and what they are looking for. Anything anyone else tells you is going to be very dependent on what their own interests were and will only give you a fraction of the story.

Please remember to sage in the future. Thank you.

Respectfully, Anonymous.

He didn't ask for advice, read his post. He asked a fairly simple question.

Afaik, there's three main routes for chemists: analysts, industrial researchers and academics.

The former two are related to industry while the latter two to research.

If you want to be a chemist, a BS will only get you so far. You really need a PhD to be the real deal, so keep that in mind. It's a pretty diverse field with a mix of both bench work, instruments, and more theoretical work.

What a chemist does -- and what career opportunities are available -- vary by sub-discipline. Biological? Analytical? Physical?

They dissolve white crystals into a clear solution and titrate.

Better than psychologists, who perform biased and unrepeatable studies on college freshman.

Physicists spend all day trying to understand the work mathematicians do.

This is true of any serious field of inquiry.

>Me deciding on career

lel get fucked retard, obvious advice thread
it's a shame about the moderation
is there a new janny?
will there be?

>the work mathematicians do.
useless scribbles?

>it's a shame about the moderation
There is some activity here, though it seems to me that poorly disguised career advice threads survive longer than other off-topic stuff.

Everything physicists do of worth is mathematics.