Studying Hacks

Let's put the memes away for a minute guys. How can a lazy faggot get A's or B's while still being a lazy faggot?

By not being a brainlet

If you're female you can fuck a teacher

>if you're female
keep selling yourself short, betalord

SHORT TERM MEMORY ROTE LEARNING - FORGET EVERYTHING THE DAY AFTER THE EXAM - PIECE OF CAKE

>SHORT TERM MEMORY ROTE LEARNING
I am not sure this would mesh well with the whole "being a lazy faggot" idea, since you'd have to put in some work in a short time.
It certainly comes close, though, since it allows being lazy the rest of the time.

I dunno

If I read the lecture slides once I tend to get a D

if I do the excercises I tend to get a B

if I do the exercises from old exams I tend to get As.

incidentially, the last option is also the fastest. downside is, for you, I imagine, that you have to know people.

Sorry to break it to you but it doesn't get easier then that unless you can find a way to cheat.
Good news is that the more you practice rote learning, the more proficient you will become.

Not OP, I was just saying that because OP probably needs something even easier, since he is even too lazy to come up with something on his own.
Try this user's cheating method, OP. If you get busted, try putting in some work if you expect good grades next time (could there be a next time?)

If you're intelligent enough just from listening to the lectures you can solve all the problems with just intuition. Back in hish-school, I didn't give a shit about Earth Science. However, I was still getting the best grades in the class from simply understanding the reasons why things happened, and the only problems I got wrong were naming shit like a barometer (I never bothered trying to learn names either, just leared effect names from the mass amount of problems involving them)

You don't.

Is this thing where you have to know someone to get old exams a meme? Does your college not just have an online archive of old exams from the past 5 years?

Yeah, if only teachers knew this is a hack most students use. Oh wait, they do. This is why you have to know someone (unless your teachers does not give a shit).

>studying hacks
you could study sam harris, norbert hornstein, or marc hauser. those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

>don't drink or smoke weed
Fucking square to hell with this nerd advice

agreed. the rest of the list is okay though. playing FPS is totally unimportant, but it is important to have a moment where you unwind and have fun. some people play FPS, some people have a beer, some smoke a joint.

Damn I didn't know this was a thing, in NZ universities they have old exams available for everyone. It's literally how I passed my first year...

where i did my undergrad all past exams were freely available online

where i did my graduate degree all past exams (for undergraduate classes) are available online and you can pay 10$ for solutions made by some possibly unreliable undergrad

You don't have to work extremely hard, you just have to be efficient about it.
A lot of students end up working MORE than they should, because they procrastinate and scram everything at the last minute, which actually takes more time than studying in advance. Work a little beat regularly, starting weeks before the test, rather than scram at the end.

Also, forget about things like writing neat memo cards, or highlighting as you read. Yes, it looks very studious, but it's just not efficient. The whole "teaching to an imaginary audience" thing isn't so good, as it only helps you memorize trivial information.
There are basically two ways of studying and memorizing well in science:
1. The first is to make connections while you're reading. Asking yourself "how come this and that", and working through the reasoning.
2. The second is solving problems. Simple as that. No amount of rote-learning or re-reading the lessons over and over is as efficient as simply doing problems. If you don't feel confident enough you can certainly find more problems online, but generally if you actually solved everything provided in your learning materials, you are ready to ace the final test. Do NOT give up and read the answers, actually solve them yourself.
I wish I could find the paper about that, I know I have it saved somewhere.

Flash cards....... I can power flash myself the night before an exam, pass that bitch, and lose it all the next day.

The important thing is that you not do something you can't easily stop, for me this was always Reddit.

There are many tips and hacks to improve your studying, but you cannot avoid studying itself.

Your first step is working on your laziness.

fucking flashcards. I literally memorized every country once for fun with flashcards. It maybe took me 2-3 times through the deck before I got every one 100%. By the time I was done I could draw a world map with decent accuracy. I was able to retain the memory for a few months afterwards (it's been over a year now and I can still remember most of them). It was actually pretty fun because trivia is a good ice breaker so I used to pick up women with questions like, "Hey baby, you know where Malawi is?". They would usually laugh and I'd buy them a drink and then we'd have a normal conversation.

Point is... fucking flash cards man. They're super fucking easy, and even easier if you're using pictures. Don't be ashamed of using pictures either. I watch people struggle with trying to memorize LONG definitions sometimes, definitions which can easily shortened with diagrams and pictures. Don't be afraid to draw the idea.

This too.

Flash cards are not for hard disciplines such as physics and mathematics

You use physical flash cards or digital? I've used (physical) flash cards twice in my life - upper quarter of the multiplication table up to 12 in elementary school (lol) and kana during my weeaboo phase. That being said, shit works.

>play an instrument
>believing in the mozart effect
>sci

Yeah you're spot on with solving problems. My friend would spend literally weeks revising every lecture while I spent 5 days doing old tests and I needed up with a higher mark.

use quizlets already made. that is the easiest way for me

what cheating method do u use?

>>>>>:--(((((( not reddit pls
Gb2 >>>>/reddit/

for maths and phys do past papers if you can get them

>highschool
>requiring intelligence

Pick one fag. People here are talking about at least undergrad level studies. There are so many dumbasses that go into college thinking they are hot shit because they didnt have to study in school and then get completely destroyed once they actually have to take a course not designed for idiots

>9) you should be honoured the professor, who's salary you pay, even bothers to grace you with his ability to read slides

What a faggot.

Undergrad is nothing but glorified high school. The only people who get destroyed are those who can't handle the rest of their youth cramming in more boring and useless shit.

I've seen plenty of people fail even though they tried hard. If you are doing a difficult course at a top uni just cramming might not be enough for everyone

This, teaching is a responsibility, you deserve no respect for being a shitty prof and refusing to change.

They have an archive with past papers at my college... Why the fuck would any college not have one?

Actually pay attention in class. It's literally that simple*

*doesn't work for uni. You'll need to do most of your work at home. The "lazy smart" ones are usually the first to drop out because they're not used to actuaaly sit down and learn