What's the latest scientific or philisophical accomplishment Veeky Forums?

What's the latest scientific or philisophical accomplishment Veeky Forums?
Has a new branch been formed or has something revolutionary been created yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2015/11/17/africa/riemann-hypothesis-unsolved/index.html
csmonitor.com/Science/2016/0620/How-sticky-spit-helps-chameleons-capture-huge-meals
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As a Biofag, I'd say CRISPR/Cas. That shit has amazing potential. There is an absolute glut of papers getting published that use it.

I proved Riemann hypothesis last Thursday.

A bit late there.

riemann-hypothesis-unsolved/index.html

So if this allows genome editing, then I can't wait to see what types of changes people decide make to DNA.

As a physics fag, I'd have to agree with you. Can't wait for them to cure my fucking herpes.

nice link, faggot

Another Nigerian scam, I bet.

Oh sorry here's the whole link

cnn.com/2015/11/17/africa/riemann-hypothesis-unsolved/index.html

Yeah, but I hope theirs the possibility that these genetic alterations could lead to physical changes like perhaps genetically giving a human wings or something of that nature.

A child in Africa could have eaten his results

What a monster

Kekeroni

>genetically giving a human wings or something of that nature.
I think you mean turning a human test subject into a deformed freak

With enough testing you never know, red bull might just give you wings in the future.

fresh off the press from Nature Physics

csmonitor.com/Science/2016/0620/How-sticky-spit-helps-chameleons-capture-huge-meals

>you were born too early to become Icarus

CS student here.

Still stuck with transistors.

Still waiting for optical circuits.

When can this muh binary best -ary meme end.

Optical ternary logic will give me the biggest nerdgasm.

>CRISPR systems get discovered
>people get bonkers about GE
>not realise that we discovered an adaptative immune system for prokaryotes and that it is a whole new world to explore

You learn something new everyday. I just thought the tongue was the sticky part.

Well if either technology progresses faster or we learn to extend life then maybe the dream won't be dead.

Now i'm kind of curious as to whether or not this might eliminate the need for antibiotics. Maybe one day superbugs won't be a problem.