Modern Pseudo Ethics

"Infant With Brain Growing Outside His Skull Saved By Pioneering Surgery"
gizmodo.com/infant-with-brain-growing-outside-his-skull-saved-by-pi-1782348507

Anyone else getting really pissed when they see something like this? Does ANYONE think about how life for this kid will be like when he grows up? It neither will be normal or good and I'm really tired of society pretending there is nothing worse than death, when it is obvious that euthanizing cases like this would be merciful and generous.
Just when will we overcome this shallow standard of morality we have at the moment? Or will this ever change at all?
Am I just being a dick here? Give me your opinion Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/miracle-baby-girl-born-without-8180653
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CHECK. YOUR. PRIVILEGE

What? imagine how much more computational power it will have at it's disposal you small-minded fuck.

Either way we simply need experiments like this.
And down's syndrome people? Maybe they'll be useful for fucking asteroid mining because of X. You seem to not know that mutation is fucking indispensable part of evolution. GFTO of my Veeky Forums.

You'll cowards ain't even seen shit

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/miracle-baby-girl-born-without-8180653

I, for one, welcome our skinless overlords.
But then I like Jews too so what do I know.

If you can't figure out that
conscious brain > pain
Leave the board.

Its really funny that people dying of cancer say the exact opposite

True.
If I was dying of something horribly painful I'd probably want to kill myself too,
But fuck that. I wanna be sapient

>Literal dysfunctions
>Pretending they are the evolutionairy next step
k lad

>mutation is fucking indispensable part of evolution
Right. But human evolution stopped, the moment medicine could save everyone, (mostly) no matter how sick. At least downs are sterile

suicide from philosophy is not dealt by the liberals, therefore is the most dangerous to the human rights, precisely because the perspective of the philosophical suicide lies outside of the doctrine of the human rights: this perspective says that human rights are nothing but conventions and makes the liberals standing before their contradictions: the one where they are not able to justify their authority, just like the liberals complained that kings were not able to justify their authority
[in fact, kings justify their authority by their lineage, which pisses off the liberals'; the liberals justify their authority poorly in saying that ''the people wants us, the liberals, to be in power''; the trick then is to carefully select what they call ''the people'']
the nice trick by the liberals is to obfuscate their authority into an implicit one, more compatible with their hatred of explicit authority [=tyrannies] : they claim thus that the human rights are natural, that any humans think that the human rights make sense [with the faith that they will be backed-up by their faith in what they call science] and anybody disagreeing on this is not a human, but an animal [=a reactionary].

so the suicide outside of depression is dangerous, because it shows that liberals cannot counter the lack of motivation to live. the liberals prefer to focus on suicide from pains: this one enables them to say that ''the human suffering'' must be answered by... science and faith in the human rights, in one word, the occidental humanist doctrine. pain/suffering is always the decisive motivation to get things form the society, in a liberal society.[as minorities, workers...]

Morality is subjective and indeterminate. The child will decide what to do with their life when they get older. If they kill themself then that will be that. All the doctors did was give them a choice, which is what they get paid to do, mind you.

the fuck are you on about

Sometimes crazy surgeries like these are pointless and do more harm than good, but in this case the child at least had some normal brain function. It was worth a shot to maybe give him a normal life. After development who knows, he might end up with only small disabilities.

Evolution never stops. I'd even say the moment medicine could save everyone it speeded up because checking much more combinations in the same amount of time became possible.

I thought cockroaches are the pinnacle of evolution and they dont advance further.

But are football fans really a pinnacle of evolution?

No. Whatever genetic mutations occur in our species will be washed away by everyone else (the majority) who doesn't have that gene, since it isn't mandatory for survival to have it. It will always simply be washed away.

I'm below average, when it comes to height, and it has defined my whole first 20 years of life, with fucking bullying and trauma.
Luckily, I'm still higher than bitches.
Can't begin to imagine what awaits this fucker.

>I'm below average, when it comes to height, and it has defined my whole first 20 years of life, with fucking bullying and trauma.

back to /r9k/

>Just when will we overcome this shallow standard of morality we have at the moment? Or will this ever change at all?
Hopefully not.

Do you have any idea how many scientific advances, not just in medicine, but in nearly every field, come about by figuring ways to keep broken babies alive? Not to mention aiding cripples and the like?

Any society that just euthanizes these people left and right is going to be centuries behind the society that tries to save them.

TNG: 5x13 The Masterpiece Society

Yeah I realized that too a minute after I made this thread

Natural selection is about keeping bad genes from staying there.
We can have crippled person go around if we can, but we shouldn't let them reproduce.

Well, at least you're both as edgy as possible so I guess you get attention whoring points.

>tfw born deformed and broken
>tfw forced by society to live for progress
>tfw suicide illegal
literally human testing

Why did they cut the exceeding brain? If that thing was functioning he could have been the smartest person on earth

They didn't cut it, they just shrunk his oversized skull.

I am going to make a wild guess and say you have never studied evolution because it's biology and there for so easy you'd never need to study it.

One easy example, the trait that makes people immune to the black plague and HIV. More so there are natural forces such as sexual selection and shit like the Darwin awards. Easy one is also children in China for pollution resistance, also every single third war country.

> Darwin awards influencing evolution
> you studied biology
pick zero

Does bigger always mean smarter? Is it possible that a person with the capacity to be a genius is simply an idiot?

>Does ANYONE think about how life for this kid will be like when he grows up?
>when he grows up
>when
Oh user... don't worry... he'll be dead within a year or two.