Pithecophobia

Why is it so prevalent in the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modernism_in_the_Catholic_Church
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because even though the USA's Christian population is declining 70% of Americans are estimated to be Christian. That's pretty much all the explanation you need.

There's nothing wrong with being Christian. Take your butthurt elsewhere.

There's a strong Fundamentalist presence here. Remember, evolution wasn't taught in schools for the longest time due to the possible backlash.
This is their stance on deviating from Biblical laws and canon, and it was printed in the 1920s.

There's nothing wrong with that image.

It implies that walking in any direction could in any way be intrinsically bad. It completely ignores that any decline of anything is so much more complex than "people believe in god is good/bad" and "people who dont believe is bad/good".

Same goes for edgelords who think christianity is the sole reason for stupidity, when in reality it has much more to do with many other factors such as education, intelligence, upbringing, early experiences..

>Remember, evolution wasn't taught in schools for the longest time due to the possible backlash.
My 'rents weren't outspoken enough to backlash or even have dinner table rants, but still don't accept evolution (though they introduced me to the big bang as a preteen). I don't deal with the older generation particularly often, but I suspect this is disturbingly common even among non-Fundamentalist Christians.

That image is pretty amusing to me, at first glance I thought it was in support of atheism. Probably need to re-order a few steps, and take out agnosticism -> non-agnostic atheism. I realize now it's "descent" but I think it's a fitting metaphor for stepping down from your self-righteous podium. It's amusing when these graphics are more accurate than they intend.

>It implies that walking in any direction could in any way be intrinsically bad.
That seems to be the defining principle of Fundamentalism though - "we already have the truth, there's no flexibility in it."

I'm not saying there is anything wrong nor am I butt hurt. I was raised a Christian and was therefore raised with a disposition against evolution and the idea of common ancestry. Just like the 247 million or so Americans that identify as Christians.

>nor am I butt hurt

Do you have any other intelligent comments to contribute user or is that just about it

>Just like the 247 million or so Americans that identify as Christians.
speak for yourself.

I didn't say they definitely don't believe, I said they have a disposition. Nothing more or less. I never believed in creationism. Some might some might not which is why I didn't use any definites.

Because it goes against the BIBLE you fat, autistic fedora-tipping nerd loser.

Pic related: Typical 'evolutionist'.

>There's nothing wrong with being Christian

>
>I said they have a disposition.
> disposition

Wew lad

>there's no link between religion and Pithecophobia
Imagine being this retarded

Bump

Come on guys.

Proddies desu

There is nothing wrong with this image. It doesn't even say anything against Darwinian evolution.

It implies that if Darwinian evolution is correct, then (their interpretation of) scripture isn't infallible.
Like they say: Adam or Ape

>what reassures me must be true

How do you know that the authors' interpreration is a Young Earth creationist one?

Perhaps they are talking about something far simpler: people ACTUALLY stating that Bible isn't infallible. I have seen it.

Also the image is retarded. The author just presupposes without any evidence that his interpretation is correct.

As many fundamentalist Christians in America tend to do.

>It implies that walking in any direction could in any way be intrinsically bad

It doesn't, "Modernism" in this context is a theological term. It not an attack on modern technology or modern knowledge.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modernism_in_the_Catholic_Church

Protestantism is a form of modernism.

That's funny, because many protestants are very against it where I come from. They predfer their own brand of fundamentalism, like believing that this happens.

>t. 'merikan that can't tell the difference between Protestantism and Christianity

Protestantism is a branch of Christianity. You want to compare and contrast Protestants and Catholics.