1/16

4/0.8 + sqrt(1) - 1 = 0 or 2 and about three

or retarded which he is and you are

y = 2 , 0
Now fuck off

"√x" always means the positive square root

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh shit

Also known as the principal square root. We do this because ±√x is trivial to write if that's what we intend. I tried to post this in addition to questioning the math in but had server issues.

-1/12

50%. It either is or it isn't.

>We do this because ±√x is trivial to write if that's what we intend
wut? sqrt(x) is always positive for x > 0. else sqrt wouldnt be a function. dont confuse the solution of a quadratic equation with taking the square root

We're all retarded here, user.

The hell, nigga? How can you complete captchas but not press buttons on a calculator?

Reading comprehension? I agreed with that, added terminology, and followed it with "if we were interested in the negative sqrt as well [as multiple people in the thread thought], we would write ±√x".

Hold on, how are people getting 0? Explain like im retarded, because i am.

>Hold on, how are people getting 0? Explain like im retarded, because i am.
By interpreting [math]\sqrt{x+0.2}[/math] as [math]\pm\sqrt{x+0.2}[/math] like confused high school students. It is incorrect.

doing shit like this is how people fail their exams. Same kind of student who goes back to the teacher to argue for the mark and throw a fit.

5-4 + 1 = 2

root(x)
"What number times itself is x"
root(1)
"What number times itself is 1?"
1*1 =1
-1*-1 =1

You wot m8

By convention the answer to a square root is always positive. Don't be autistic.

Please stop confusing yourself. The square root sign means principal square root. Please google that term. For the third time in this thread, if we WANTED both roots, we would write [math]\pm\sqrt{x}[/math], which in the case of OP's equation would have been ONE EXTRA STROKE.

Just wanna say this so much

Bunch o 3rd graders in here tonight

Found the 4th grader.