Personal genetics thread

Personal genetics thread

Has anyone used one of the tests? I just got my 23andme results back and also ran them through dnaland. I wanted health results though, so I'm considering using promethease. Has anyone used it, did you find anything worthwhile?

>mfw I finally get the title of the move Prometheus now
wew...

>In 2013 the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ordered 23andMe to discontinue marketing its personal genome service (PGS) as the company had not obtained the legally required regulatory approval resulting in concerns about the potential consequences of customers receiving inaccurate health results.[3] The company continued to sell a personal genome test without health-related results in the United States until October 21, 2015, when it announced that it would be including a revised health component with FDA approval.[4][5] 23andMe has been selling a product with both ancestry and health-related components in Canada since October 2014,[6][7][8] and in the United Kingdom since December 2014.[9]

what? the title isnt based on that database you jack ass, both the movie and the database are named after the God who created mankind and gave us fire.

>as the company had not obtained the legally required regulatory approval resulting in concerns about the potential consequences of customers receiving inaccurate health results
>be white cis male
>send samples to 23andme
>health risks: you could be black, you could be a woman, you could be gay
I knew something was off

Nah it was definitely after the database

>after the God who created mankind and gave us fire
Prometheus stole fire from the gods and was punished for it by having his liver be eaten by birds of prey, only for him to fully recover from the wounds the next night to be tortured again. Get your mythology right pleb.

That's why I asked about Promethease, it does a lot of health related stuff for $5.

Fuck it, I paid for Promethease. I'll post anything cool from it

bump
>the repute of my baldness genes

The only thing off is the cucks in the Fed, holding back progress as usual. There's no justification for for making things illegal by default, except poisons and fraudulent items.

Autosomal Dna tests are a meme

That's why you do several of them and see where they agree

As you can see here they don't agree on much

I suppose. Mine agree with the Northwestern Europe although dna.land puts a lot of weight on the Mediterranean. What test is the map with the overlays?

MyOrigins from FTDNA

Im interested in doing one of these tests, any recommendation? I'd like to know about my ancestry and maybe about health too

Yea I just saw the corresponding posts in the /pol/ thread. Does ftDNA offer anything that I haven't got from 23andme + dna.land + promethease?

Most people use 23andme and then use the raw DNA data in one of the 3rd party health related tests. As you can see, depending on which test you get, you will get varying ancestry results.

Not really, just a wider database of relatives. Supposedly they test for deeper ancestry, I'm not sure what to make of their results though because they are so foreign compared to the others. Only thing at least three of them agree on is 90~ percent northwest European ancestry

this, ethnicity itself cannot be scientifically defined. there are variations in all populations. Plus who is to define which autosomal markers belong to which ethnic groups?
History is people kidnapping, migrating, conquesting, fucking.