Is 50h/week too much studying?

Is 50h/week too much studying?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/education-34132664
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you're getting good grades then no. If you have the opportunity to just study, then treat it as a full-time job.

Some people take 2 hours to learn something, some take 10. In the end, it doesn't matter, as long as you know it.

If you're an undergrad yes, you are probably slow compared to your peers. If you're postgrad it depends on how many fields you're trying to master at once.

Nigga I study 5 hours a week.

Why the fuck are you so stupid that you need 50 hours of it and why the fuck do you even have 50 hours of free time to study?

Some people man, some fucking people..

Obviously for you, it's not enough.

If you're too fucking dumb to realize that the amount you need to study is based on how much you need to study to get an A, you haven't studied enough.

Get to work, slave

>In the end, it doesn't matter,
Of course it does. STEM professionals are supposed to be good at their job. If you're stupid your career life is going to suck, if you get a (low paying) job at all it will be more difficult and stressful for you than your intelligent peers. Your advancement will be slower etc.

I'm just starting my phd programme (i.e. post-master) in math.

That's fine. A part of postgrad is about learning as much as you want/can, you will never have this much chance in your career again to spend on studying.

Just make sure it doesn't get in the way of pushing your publications out. As long as you can maintain you/your adviser's qouta then spend as much time as you want on studying.

>In the end, it doesn't matter

In STEM degrees in Germany you need about 40-60 hours á week. People who cram most likely just get 4.0 (D) here and struggle.

>implying time spend learning and studying is the same as doing work

I know people who could study 10 hours a week and get A's, but they choose to study more because they want to go in-depth.

Just study until you feel comfortable.

As long as you keep learning at a decent pace, you'll know when to stop when you start slogging through simple things.

Not enough. I almost every waking hour of my life and I haven't even mastered Blizzara.

What kind of shit tier university allows its STEM students 40-60 hours of free time per time week? Any non-meme university will force you to be on campus for labs/lectures most of your waking hours.

I had 39 hours of class last year for chemical engineering, would you consider that non-meme?

>40-60 hours

Maybe if you are an idiot. Half that should comfortably do it at any University with good grades

Depends on the major. Memegenieers get a lot of stupid lab work / homework. At my school, if you follow the standard pathway, it is taking 17 - 18 credits a semester, which can be time consuming.

>studying
>not being a NEET
you're all retards.

I feel like using ambiguous language is leading to misunderstanding ITT. As a student going to uni full time I have about 15-20 hours of lecture/lab per week and to fully grasp material I spend about twice that amount doing coursework+studying at most

studying = doing research, coursework or attending lectures and seminars. does not include tutoring, lecturing or teaching.

Lol, your experience applies to all fields huh?

I don't believe you. In most Universities you need to work through exercise sheets weekly to be allowed for writing the exam. Most likely some of these sheets will take up 8-10 hours to complete. And that's just one of the 'classes'/lectures in addiiton to the regular lecture time.

I don't know where you're from but any good program will keep you busy allday, almost everyday. Atleast in good ol' Germany.

Their egos are not complete, if they don't spend their lives reading poorly written textbooks only to later suffer through technical writing.

Tbh I dont actually study in germany. My current uni is well above any german university in both general rankings and subject rankings for the subject I study though, and I still dont have to do that much work. I have friends studying in germany that dont work much either as well.

Vielleicht streberst du ein bisschen viel?

>Implying ranking is somewhat relevant to the difficulty of some courses and University

It's all about research in the ranking.

>bbc.com/news/education-34132664
>In terms of quality, there are more UK universities at the top end of international league tables. But this is because league tables do not always include research institutes which do not teach or award degrees - and Germany has a much more distinct separation between teaching and research universities.

>Report author Mr Hillman says that if the elite German science institute, the Max Planck Society, were included in global rankings it would overtake both Oxford and Cambridge.

Your 'friend' are either doing meme degrees, are about (under) average or are soon out of their asses.
You won't believe how many people are lying here about how much effort they put in their studies. They will tell you like "I just studied 2 days prior to that haha" while yoU've seen them sitting each day in library. Dunno. There are sometimes people lying about their effort for whatever reason here out of shame or some other reasons...

I study at Oxford actually, and have done internship at some german research centres including the max planck institut für radioastronomie etc. I am aware that research and study is kept more separate in germany, but from I have seen from courses at Heidelberg they still are nowhere near Oxford in terms of difficulty or depth in which the material is covered. Given that the best students in germany are much more spread out over unis I guess the course has to account for a fair fraction of idiots at any time. Not saying research isn't good in germany, but there just aren't any real elite undergrad programs.

Also most people that study a lot just sit in the library for 8 hours and do like 3 hours of actual work in that time. I do know some people that legit work 70+ hours a week here but out of my german friends none seem to be that hardworking. (Maybe all my german friends are lazy shits?)

Yes and no, I'd say. It really depends on how you study, since the method/quality of studying is always more efficient than amount of time spent to study. Using mnemonics can be useful, and in the end it really has to do with if you could rely from your head only rather than relying on notes.

For undergrad, not during finals week, yes. For any research or graduate school no.

TOP KEK

Nope. I work 60-70 hours per week. It's the Silicon Valely life. I'm so used to Indian food I can pretty much say I've eaten everything on the average Indian restaurant's menu through company catering alone.

If you have to study at all, then I'm afraid that you're clinically retarded.

P O O

amerifats...

This desu lads

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .