Tfw you've proven a new theorem, but you're too tired and lazy to type it up

>tfw you've proven a new theorem, but you're too tired and lazy to type it up

Literally me everyday.

>le smart but le lazy

When will this meme die?

It's because public education in the United States has to cater to the lowest common denominator such that even the biggest drooler can pass. You get normal kids who aren't droolers passing classes without trying, while their mams congratulate them on their snowflakiness, so when they are eventually challenged and unable to succeed without effort, they deal with not being able to do the work by telling themselves the comforting thought that they "really are smart, just lazy".

It's a defense mechanism for animals with fragile egos. Men and Women constantly challenge themselves regarding their interest in order to gain a deeper insight and see further, or see familiar things in a different light. As soon as you say you are ''too lazy", you've lost my interest, because it's apparent that you don't have any interest in what you are talking about either.

I'm not saying you have to be industrious, I'm just saying their is no substitute for putting the time in. For instance, you can't read a book and understand math. You've actually got to do it.

The meme will die when public schools engage and challenge their students appropriately.

>being this rump rustled
Too bad I've still got me a novel theorem, you low IQ plebeian.

why do normies think it's a meme?
smart people get by without effort.

>TFW smart and industrious masterrace

Tell us more about your proof that P=NP and the upcoming viXra pre-print of your paper

>when public schools engage and challenge their students appropriately
The school system will never do this, kids have to go to school so the school system gets their money regardless.

I really did solve a somewhat old problem, not quite 100 years, but close to it. It's just that it has no real applications, and my proof isn't all that advanced or inovative. The only thing I can really figure is that not enough people really cared about the problem to bother really thinking about, just some recent half assed, "I'll just vaguely rephrase this problem in ergodic theory and then derive some trivial results" kind of attempts. Like I said, besides being unsolved, it wasn't really important. Either way though, I feel smug.

I wish you weren't right. Then again, if I ever do spawn, I'll hand down my knowledge if they are receptive.

QED or GTFO

>industrious
>Shitposting on Veeky Forums

>11 PM
Not working.
You've never heard of downtime?

>be me
>be extrovert
>be shit at everything STEM
>but am quick-learner
>coast thru hs like rest of "smart but lazy" kids
>go to 2nd-tier ivy
>get classman to do my essays and he gets to come to frat events if he brings his 7.2/10 sisters (second is 6.9/10 because she has freckles)
>also, his siblings are going to the same uni what r the odds??? (Stats majors please correspond w/ me)
>use my greek's test-bank to cheat on every exam
>am 3rd year realize im a loser faggot because not applying self
>apply self to learn how2 make money from market movements
>apply self 2 get sophistication in financial instruments
>manage small fund with the money of my brothers' fathers
>"groom" underclassmen for finance by giving them "worthwhile experience" as my personal research and quant (see: CS and Maths geniuses) slaves
>graduate 3.7
>job lined up because I networked well, knew my shit, and was charismatic
>be working on wall st as buy-side analyst at large-cap stat arbitrage fund
>compensation + bonus = low-mid 6figs 1st yr after collage (see: economics undergrad, shit at economics too lmo)

Gotta say, life is good. At first, I really wanted to be an electrical engineer (first it was chemical) in high school, but the pay is awful and I couldn't stand being around so many aspie-types all-day. But real-talk, I'm just here to tell you an insightful story; if there's a motivated retard and an unmotivated (see: synonym of "lazy;" what most above-intelligent "slackers" call themselves) genius, the retard will be more successful. Have you seen "Good Will Hunting?" It doesn't mean shit if you have natural smarts, apply them of get fucked in the real world.

Also: Finance and Economics section of sticky is pure GARBAGE.

P.S.S 4 Smart but lazy types read: "How Would You Move Mount Fuji?" Or some amalgamation of those words.

This person obviously has the opposite problem.

>can't find gtfo

>, they deal with not being able to do the work by telling themselves the comforting thought that they "really are smart, just lazy".
>It's a defense mechanism for animals with fragile egos.
Why are you assuming I would rather be lazy than dumb?

Nice, really insightful, I must say. Looks like my primary school teacher was right when saying that the worker bees make the honey, not the smart ones.

Typing up papers is legitimately an awful thing that everyone puts off.

the smart one gets fed everything from the worker bees, and lays intellectual eggs.

You took the time to type that up? Fucking hell OP I hope you have your motivation now.

>For instance, you can't read a book and understand math.
Disagree, you've clearly never studied math beyond calculus.

There's no such thing as a smart and succesful person who is "smart but lazy" since if they weren't a fuckup they wouldn't have to make up excuses such as being lazy to begin with.

I'll second you on that but the thing about math books is that you'll only get the bare minimum theorems by not doing the exercises. The exercises provide theorems to prove that give you a more complete view (more or less, mostly less) of the material.

I agree on that and know the value of doing those exercises, but you can definitely understand the math, and the theorems you have to prove can be learned by reading the questions -something you will do anyway given the structure of the text usually embeds it in the middle of the chapter- even if you don't actually put the ink down to prove it to yourself (or LaTeX etc.; fuck you pedants).

You don't realize how many holes there are in your understanding until you actually try to apply something. It's like saying that you can play the piano if you can read sheet music.

I go to UPenn and it sounds like you might have too.
Which school did you attend?

Yeah, the problem with "smart but lazy" people is that there's no reason for them to put in effort because they don't have talent in the first place. Someone who genuinely has talent and is genuinely lazy will still make the rational decision to put in effort, since doing so advances him.

Upenn isn't second tier. Cornell and Dartmouth are.

>/any Veeky Forums board/
Veeky Forums is a starter for anyone serious in a particular field of interest. They realize that there have to be more specialized, organized, and quality forums out there so they go looking and find: 1). Reddit 2). an independent forum (see: something like elitetrader.com 3). that they're not cut-out for serious work, go back to Veeky Forums and never try to realize their potential.

The first has the same flaws as Veeky Forums (although to a lesser extent because you can identify people and view their histories), i.e anyone can post even if they don't know anything and it's tailored to the masses thus the quality is bound to be average to below-average.

In-fact, this happens with all online communities (discussion-based boards), they all turn to shit for a variety of reasons: not enough posts so it's slow and most likely dies; too many posters quantity over quality; it's the internet and the few motivated experts there are are just wasting their time (contribute less and less once the realization sets in) so they either leave (and find something better) or stay and become jaded pricks.

While the internet has allowed knowledge to be accumulated and shared en masse, it's been shared with the masses and become trash (see as an example: Eternal September). It's become toxic and useful mainly for research.

Anyway, what's important is to have these discussions in-person. I'm sure you've seen the picture floating around of all the accomplished scientists (Bohr, Einstein, Lorentz) all in a photo for the Solvay Conference. This is an example of a mastermind group and these groups, and filled with determined and intelligent individuals, will elevate everyone (to a lesser extent if they're based predominately online). Another example is Twain's pub meetings with other renown writes.

My denouement: If you're serious about being successful in your field, get off Veeky Forums and network in real-life, even if you're an introvert.

I'm far too lazy to read this wall of text.

It's not your good qualities, but what the world can take from you that matters.

>UPenn
I'm reluctant to say while Veeky Forums is still archived. But, the frat scene is a fucking mess and there are great networking opportunities at UPenn, atleast for biz and finance.

There's a tl;dr just for your type.

>just proved the Riemann Hypothesis
>don't know LaTeX so no one will ever see my proof
JUST

At least write down notes for your memory so you don't fucking forget the important passages.

>JUST

Don't worry, there are about 3 billion supposed proofs waiting to be checked and yours is probably shittier than the average ones that get posted.

This would be true in a perfect world where the "right people" get credit for the "right things". One of the reasons why a smart and lazy person is lazy could be that he is sceptical wether he will actually reap the benefits from the work or not.

never, its more than a 9gag/tumblrina meme, its a way of life for some cretins who aren't even 10% as smart as they think they are.
You tried too hard. Here's your (You) though.
this

Not to mention the fear of breaking stasis, these sorts become echo-chambers.

Yeah, I finally proved the Hodge Conjecture. What? You want me to show you? Naw, I'm too lazy to post it here.

>feels
get the fuck out

smart lazy guy here, this analysis is correct

Please stop making this thread. Just publish on viXra and fuck off

t. Very smart, but very lazy

>insightful story

You're a fucking waste of life though. You're contributing nothing to society by moving money around. Your job is meaningless.

Congrats on making money, I guess. I hope that means something to you.

Yeah, as a general rule of thumb I'd say UPenn could be in the upper half of the ivies. Harvard, Princeton, and Columbia definitely are (in order starting at best), and a lot of people say Yale is just by reputation, but I disagree. Then of course Dartmouth and Brown are below that but above Cornell.

keep telling yourself that

Ferma pls go

Fuk u sandnogger

>It's because public education in the United States has to cater to the lowest common denominator such that even the biggest drooler can pass.

Same here in the Netherlands, same here
>insert sad frog meme