What's time?

What's time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NvpbW7JRu0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

time for you to get a watch

Maybe it is simply the representation of the manner in which our consciousness is simply a continuation of memory.Maybe it is simply the distance to decay or death. Maybe it is a dimension of space which we can not comprehend. I don't actually know either but i'm throwing some ideas out there.

Entropy

The illusion of time is created by our minds interpreting entropy.

appropriate webm

Special relativity says that time is a dimension

but I think he's correct

how are both things true?

youtube.com/watch?v=NvpbW7JRu0Q

You might as well ask:

What is love?

Time is a mental construct used to measure change of the universe. Nothing more, nothing less.

The smallest unit of time is the time it takes for the fastest object that exists to travel the length of the shortest distance that exists.

lawlz
i like this guy

something about relativity between various functional physical systems.

Still wrong.

A parameter

>What's time?

look at how time is standardized for measurement. it is defined in terms of wavelength of light from a certain atom.

so, essentially, time is length.

My physics teacher said that if anybody tells you they know what time is, they're lying and probably out to get you.
With that being said, wouldn't it be great if time were caused by an elementary particle?

hurr durr what's a particle?
A 1D mapping from spacetime

A dimension.

Your mom's pension.

The distance between two events.

The fouth set of coordinate dents.

Nobody really knows, but it's unlikely that it flows.

MOM'S SPAGHETTI!

Time is a social construct. It doesn't exist except in our relative world views.

I'm not a fan of the idea that time is just a mental construct. It is I suppose, but I don't think that it's entirely accurate. It's a measurement. Although time might not exist, what it represents does.

A concept of relativity often associated with simplistic laymen understandings of sequence.

Some thing that changes very infintesimally from the top and bottom of a building due to gravity. And an odd illusion that is known to be illusion when performing experiments with food

expression of masses moving through space

>what is time
The current state of the universe

Time is a tool you can put on the wall or wear it on your RIZD!

The past is far behind us, the future doesn't exist.

What's the time?

Time is evolution of a physical system, it's the movement/change of information. Our perception of movement and change is time.

It's quarter to nine! Time to have a bath.

Its the perception of change. We have a hard time understanding time because we percieve it as linear, when our data from observation and theoretical data show it as nonlinear. Its like an object that is 3 dimensional, but we can only ever look at it from the xy plane, but we know there is more to it.

It's the one axis that we are uncontrollably propelled through with all of our momentum not directed through space. The best we can do is accelerate ourselves through space to slow our descent through time.

What do you mean? We're already clean!

A non-spatial dependant continuum that allows change to occur

Kill yourself

>t. M. Fractals

Only worthwhile answer in this thread

Scrub, scrub scrub 'till the water's BROWN

Vibration of matter/atoms and the movement of the universe

Surely it's not a clock man

Maybe time's just a construct of human perception, an illusion created by-

*screeching noises*

[ANGRY BEEPINGNG NOISES]

A spatial dimension that our universe is travelling through

time is a constant, we can say that time is a measure that measures 2 points in the 4th dimension by calculating his variation (ΔT = T2 - T1) and so, the result is aways bigger than 0 and so positive, because time doesn't go backwards, but if does; ΔT = T1 - T2, so that can make negative results, since the time is not going foward...

entropy is one theorized explanation why time is perceived as being in one direction, but saying 'entropy is time' is a bit reductive

in a mathematical sense (GR), time is a fourth spatial dimension that humans experience linearly due to our velocity far below that of the speed of light (due to our mass)

Chain reaction of molecules overwhelming other molecules till exhaustion.

Logically the perception of time cant go backwards, however you can restore a point in time through means of genetic manipulation in masse...time travel is possible in theory. It works more like a backup in that case. It has already been done.