Easy problem solving thread

Easy problem solving thread

You are playing a game of Russian roulette where you load two bullets into consecutive chambers of a six shooter. Your mate pulls the trigger and it clicks, he is okay.

Do you pull the trigger again or do you spin it first?

I put the gun down and concede defeat

3/4 chance of not blowing your brains out without spinning, or 1/3rd with spinning. Obviously better without spinning.

Neither, you shouldn't play Russian roulette.

Pulling the trigger first seems more practical though.

2/3rds not blowing your brains out*

So the correct answer is obviously to spin. If you play Russian roulette to survive, you are the stupidest motherfucker on the planet gambling your life with no potential gain. It's a game for suicidal edgelords.

You do know 3/4 is a larger fraction than 2/3rds right? And that I was correct the thirds, not the fourths?

You are playing a game of gay sex with your mate. He cums in your mouth and let's out a triumphant grunt. Do you:
A: swallow
B: spit it out

Did you read what you were responding to? Try reading again. I said the correct answer to Russian roulette is higher chance of death, because if that's not what you're playing for you're too stupid to live.

This is what lead to the russian roulette, homosex guilt

fine,

A strange man stops you in an alley on your way to the local atom smasher for an impromptu game of Russian roulette, he hands you a gun and says that it is load two bullets into consecutive chambers, he just pulled the trigger and no round was fired. He tells you that you can pull the trigger again or you can spin it first. Bear in mind that he is holding your future girlfriend in an undisclosed location, and she will face certain death if he does not return.

I shoot him in the groin and torture him until he tells me where she is.

>guy bleeds out
>fgf is raped by refugees
try again?

Spinning it would give 2/6 chance to be shot, if you don't spin it it will be 1/4.

Put him on a trolley.

It is not trafficking if I am the one getting the action.
> 52 y.o. female refugee worker.

IF it's allowed to spin all the way instead of being forcefully stopped, the bullet has a higher chance to end up in the bottom than the top where the barrel is

2/6 vs 2/5

>1/4
>3/4

i shoot him

are we engineers?

cant expect sci to do simple math, mate

1/4 + 3/4 = 1. I counted chance to hit, the other guy counted chance to miss.

but why 1/4

If the first position is the opponent, which we know was a miss (0), then the possible configurations are:

0XX000
00XX00
000XX0
0000XX

Only the first of these configurations have an X in the second position and they are equally likely. Therefore the probability is 1/4.

aww shit, i missed the consecutive part

sorry

Yes if it wasn't consecutive it would have been

0000XX
000X0X
00X00X
0X000X
000XX0
00X0X0
0X00X0
00XX00
0X0X00
0XX000

4/10 = 2/5

and you could brobably have done some combinatorics to get the same value too.

yeah, or simply: 2 bullets for 5 chambers