Just a reminder that to get a STEM degree is essentially to admit to yourself and society that you are an aesthetically...

Just a reminder that to get a STEM degree is essentially to admit to yourself and society that you are an aesthetically bankrupt human being and that your ultimate goal in life, besides some petty nonsense about money-making, is to subordinate yourself to the demands of society and to contribute to the quality of life of a superior minority (artists, athletes, aesthetes) who are only concerned with their own enjoyment and whose contribution to society, if any, is only incidentally and non-directly derived from such a self-centred enjoyment.

Life really is too short for that nonsense.

Have a nice day

not true, I play the clarinet

What utter, subjective, rubbish.

Sure, it's subject to whether you're a capitalist mirror tool or a well-developed human-being, in other words it's relative.

>Implying you have to be part of society, or else.
I take it you're an MEP, or something?

mate this discussion's focus isn't explicitly about being a part of society, nor does it adress what I just said

what are you on about

so you don't care about me playing the clarinet I see.

Capitalism doesn't exist outside of human society, capitalism is the dominant economic architecture of practically all developed of partially developed societies.

As such, your implication is, because you either accept capitalism or you don't, you either accept society or you don't. Whereas, you do not need to define yourself by societal standards.

You're thinking in a far too linear narrative.

>Not studying both
>Proud of ignorance
>Believing kiddy starcraft factions are real life
>Not even aspiring to become a well rounded intellectual

Will never contribute to either field / 10

>Capitalism doesn't exist outside of human society, capitalism is the dominant economic architecture of practically all developed of partially developed societies.
nor have I ever disputed this

>As such, your implication is, because you either accept capitalism or you don't, you either accept society or you don't. Whereas, you do not need to define yourself by societal standards.
The focal points of my posts have been about relative standards. Nothing I have said has had anything to do with disputing the fact that we are all conditioned under capitalism, which you are trying to project on me.

no thx m8y I don't think I'll lose much if I don't study the infrastructure of Bangladash for 4 years and I'm pretty happy with my philosophy phd and continuously publishing works but you're free to if you like

> "subordinate yourself to the demands of society"
> "Whereas, you do not need to define yourself by societal standards." - ()

You can live among society and yet still be the best, so I don't see how this impinges on my point at all.

oh, and getting a STEM degree IS essentially subordinating yourself to the demands of society, whereas my examples aren't as they focus on the individual and
> whose contribution to society, if any, is only incidentally and non-directly derived from such a self-centred enjoyment.

If you're on Veeky Forums bragging about your "well rounded education" then it's pretty sure you won't contribute too much to anything and that you're not that much of a "well rounded intellectual"

"The best" are able to function not within society, but within progressivism, which requires the subject be external from society. As within society, societal standards and capitalist whims must be met.

>"The best" are able to function not within society, but within progressivism, which requires the subject be external from society.
On the level I am talking about, which doesn't warrant a loaded concept like progressivism, the best can function among and within society, and numerous examples can be brought up to prove this
>As within society, societal standards and capitalist whims must be met.
Sure, if you subordinate yourself to the demands of society.

Well, I've grown tired of trolling. Besides, I need to go cook myself some dinner.

For your information, I agree with the majority of your opening statement, aside from: "contribute to the quality of life of a superior minority (artists, athletes, aesthetes)". Toward that, I say, I believe that they are superior, only in the eyes of the plebeian mainstream, besides the advances that are precipitated by those within STEM advance society as a whole.

STEM is back up in case Plan A fails, especially if you go to an average school like I did. A history degree from Harvard would be much better for my future goals but I am a very average person.

>Toward that, I say, I believe that they are superior, only in the eyes of the plebeian mainstream, besides the advances that are precipitated by those within STEM advance society as a whole.
Relative to the individuals I mentioned STEM "advance society" is the pleabeian mainstream and degenerate mediocrity whose education and work essentially serves the function of being used by the people mentioned above.

>Well, I've grown tired of trolling.
nobody falls for that shit anymore dude, if you need a justificationary narrative in order to engage in your own desires at least make it more entertaining

Fine, I was playing devil's advocate.