Small head -> low intelligence?

Post your stats

1.head circumference with your gender

2.IQ (if officially tested) and/or your degree

While I might believe that big heads (thus big brain) doesn't imply you will automatically have high intelligence, the reverse does apply.

I have got a head circumference of 54-55cm and I am dumb.

Also people with smaller heads are more prone to Alzheimers.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080811200341.htm

I have no fucking reserve, I have not the processing power you people do.

Fuck you privileged scums!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School#Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory
bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2010/07/13/4662772-the-bigger-your-head-the-better-your-memory
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>2011+5
>actually taking phrenology seriously
hello /pol/

Hello brainwashed smug anime girl.

Its about head size with respect to body that's relevant.

Ebin

All lies!

>Previous studies have found that clinical expression of Alzheimer’s disease is related to head size, with people having smaller heads more likely to show the characteristic symptoms of this illness. Larger brains provide reserve against Alzheimer’s, allowing people to function normally despite having considerable Alzheimer pathology in their brains.

1. Head Circumference = 23.9 in.
2. 138 / MechE

I don't set much store by this measurement. Lookism is obsessed with it, though.

Oh, and I am 180cm tall. I have a medium- to small-proportioned frame.

>I don't set much store by this measurement.

Of course you don't because you were born with it, you already got it.

Now try to imagine people with small heads and low intelligence.

I don't think my big Irish head has much to do with anything. I'm smarter than the average bear, I guess.

How tall are you, OP?

1. HC = 60 cm
2. H = 172.72 cm
3. 145 / QM

Out of curiosity: How tall is your skull?

(You measure from the tip of your chin to the top of your cranial vault)

1. 1 AU
2. -10^10^10^10^10^10

1. 20 Å
2. 99999999999999999

just imagine how smart she's going to grow up to be

SH: 30 cm

50 in.
90 and engineering. I'm top of my class as well.

ayy lmao

I always thought I had a smaller than normal head, but really it's just dolicocephalic and long.

I have approximately the same sized head as you, albeit you're 12 pts. higher than me on the IQ scale. I had mine administered for different reasons though (Lyme disease, which I think has lowered my true IQ significantly).

Of course, being in comp.sci. / data science stuff doesn't require high level maths unless you decide to go after a PhD

nice try, user, but Asians' wide thick skull might have something to do with their "wider" IQ

CHOOSE
YOUR
SKULL

Rolling.

explain

East Asians, mainly Chinese, Manchurians and Japanese, have somewhat wider skulls than most other races except for select Scandinavians (particularly Swedes), Russians, and native Siberians.

Most Asian IQ averages are at the top of the world (only Italy and Finland, IIRC are in the 102+ bracket).

Although, with the influx of immigrants into Europe, these numbers will continue descend lower until the averages look more like Latin America than pre-2000 Europe when the Netherlands averaged 110 IQ per person.

Korea has the highest on average at 108 and it's no surprise since they practically bludgeon children at every moment to read and study read and study.

If it meant giving up a couple of points, I'd choose not to have such a life considering the suicide rates.

full range of IQ exists in populations of differing mean cranial capacity, so it wouldn't be a causal relationship (there's no reason to believe one is necessary to select for higher IQ, even if we were to grant that east asians have higher IQs caused by differences in genotype)

This is why we need to remove cultural Marxism, some cultures are superior to others.

One of us is not understanding this term correctly
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School#Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

You keep employing the correlation = causation fallacy without the slightest concern it would appear.

You are free to believe this if you want, but it's simply not a scientifically grounded belief.

And since we're on a science board, let me help you. If East Asians have larger skulls, you will attribute that to higher IQ. If they had smaller skulls, you still wouldn't say you'd expect lower IQs.; we're not talking about any causal relationship here. It's a "just so" story. You took statistics and found a trait out of all the traits that corresponded to populations with higher IQ estimation and claimed there must be some causal relationship

The second and arguably greater fallacy you employ is the assumption that IQ differences corresponding to genetic differences argues for the fact that the cause of the differences must be genetic in origin. But there's no reason to suspect a secondary, environmental influence corresponding to both higher IQ and the genetic difference (race) couldn't be responsible. There are plenty of highly heritable phenotype for which difference in incidence is due entirely to environmental influences that correspond both to a genetic difference as well as the phenotype.

The full range of human IQ scores, including those higher than that of East Asians, had already evolved in humans, and thus been selected for in Humans, within Africa, and we know this simply because they exist among indigenous Africans. If Africa was selecting for higher IQ, then the differences between races must be attributable to cultural differences.

You can't look for genetic differences between people and search for correlations with phenotype differences and then claim the differences in incidence of the phenotype is genetically caused. It doesn't matter what Richard Lynn says, he was a renowned sociologist but not a geneticist / neurologist. You just can't, because it's scientifically wrong to draw conclusions this way.

Rolling

A very wordy and unncessary response since there is some inference that doesn't stick.

I wasn't speaking categorically, simply making some statements that may have merit. And, unfortunately for those who use it at every venue for a counter-, correlation very much can be causation, especially in situations where phenotype can not be properly extrapolated or inferred in the discussion (Europe is a prime example, and white Americans triple that given the overlapping populations).

It might be that northern europeans and east asians skull capacity and intelligence was selected via harsh environments where survival involved millenia of cold, barren ice age level temperatures. As a result, gene expression over time caused thicker dermal layers, like in east asians and the reason for their neotenous features.

You can't claim that IQ determinants started in Africa and never changed unless you can come up with a significant argument for why African IQs are so much lower than the rest of the world when they are transplanted into societies of a higher IQ.

Even their american native cousins resemble those Siberian sourced features

I think that's kind of strange that you believe that you can measure the complexity of a mind by seeing how big it is. Just totally disregard all advances in neurology right?

Shieet you niggas is smart and shit saying shit like merit and shit

I'm just a crossboarder from /v/ fuck dude I didn't wanna sign up for harvard niggad (pressed down d from vidya, LOL)

>It might be that northern europeans and east asians skull capacity and intelligence was selected via harsh environments where survival involved millenia of cold, barren ice age level temperatures. As a result, gene expression over time caused thicker dermal layers, like in east asians and the reason for their neotenous features.

And if Arabs had the highest IQs I'm sure there'd be folks saying it's due to having to adapt to harsh life in desert with less arable land and more drought.

If it were Africans one could say tribal warfare and disease taxed brain development in early childhood so higher IQ was selected for in order to compensate, and in modern society without disease loading on brain-development that's why African IQ estimates are highest.

That's definition "just so" story.
If there is a population claiming higher IQ, you will be able to find 20 different traits for which you can concoct reasoning why A lends itself to B. Every population has faced hardship and every population has countless traits so one can always find a trait to fit a particular narrative; which is precisely why yours is an unscientific approach.

>You can't claim that IQ determinants started in Africa and never changed unless you can come up with a significant argument for why African IQs are so much lower than the rest of the world when they are transplanted into societies of a higher IQ.

Well the largest African diaspora is in the US and they are descendants of slaves from tribes in the hinterlands, sold in many cases by African slavers from coastal cities, so already that's a self-selected sample.
And then there's the fact that there remains a cultural difference among Africans. Even among Africans raised by white parents, there's stereotype threat.

(continuing this)

We don't know if these are the causes of IQ differences either. But we can't say for sure one way or another.

All non-genetic factors controlled for, true African IQ may be lower, higher, or the same as Jewish IQ (currently higher than Eurasian IQ by many estimates). My opinion is that neurology is a highly plastic trait among humans and we will find it is similar to immunology in humans, another highly complex and plastic trait.

Tabula rasa larper leave

Its pure bio determinist. Brains works better in the cold why electronics do- no cooking required it would make sense that the populations uncursed by the tropics could have an assist in developing brainpower.

Please Lord Kek, leave your blessing to another.

Sure is Yellow in here.

East asians are the only humans alongside europeans, so it's ok.

Rolling for Sioux wisdom.

> europeans
> human
fuck off subhuman scum.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

Fucking weeaboo degenerate. This is a science board.

Nice strawman

Of course I am talking about people without any genetical defects.

Show me one person with a smaller than average head, who has made any scientifc/technological break through.

I dare you!

The complexity of your mind is limited by your brain size among other things.

As stated before, the smaller your head (and thus brain) the more likely you will get Alzheimer or rather the symptoms will dominate, while people with bigger head can have signs of Alzheimer, but have enough reserve brain to counter it.

Roll

Feynman

1) Size: Member of Mens A prestige club for endurance and girth.
2) Studies: Persistent track record for stamina and finishing in phase.

Oh my god these threads always attract some people who think erryfang is a fucking size comparison competition!

> t. Johnny Wiener

Filtered.

>Feynman

Trying to be funny? But you are not.

Feynman was universally regarded as one of the fastest thinking and most creative theorists in his generation. Yet it has been reported-including by Feynman himself-that he only obtained a score of 125 on a school IQ test. I suspect that this test emphasized verbal, as opposed to mathematical, ability. Feynman received the highest score in the country by a large margin on the notoriously difficult Putnam mathematics competition exam.

Feynman has a huge forehead.

You are not particularly funny either. In fact you are rather boring. Most of the people we even get to hear about were role models hand picked by media for some purpose ( often involving money at some stage ).

Einstein had done a few dog years at patent office. Well, he could make a good role model then, teaching future smarties to want to reinforce economical monopolies.

Not the original guy, I'm assuming your point is that Feynman's intelligence was based on a large forehead?
I don't really know what you meant, but Einstein had a rather small head and I doubt anyone would call him an idiot.

bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2010/07/13/4662772-the-bigger-your-head-the-better-your-memory

And still, my head/brain is smaller than Einstein's.