Is there anything mushrooms can't do?

Is there anything mushrooms can't do?

ecouterre.com/muskin-a-vegan-leather-made-entirely-from-mushrooms/

Food, immune system bolster, medicine, beer, building material, and now leather.

mushrooms are the best
they would man's best friend if we could have plant friends.

The resulting product looks like a tanned ballsack.

It's supposed to appeal to engineers.

I've always been curious about people eating mushrooms. Here in Spain (at least in Catalonia where I live) we eat a lot of mushrooms, usually with meat or egg, is this a common practice in western cuisines?

don't know, but mushrooms can make almost anything better and have a high protein/calory ratio so I always try to include them in my meals

KEK

I dont think we have a huge mushroom eating culture here (mostly because it seems that Americans only eat the standard common white mushroom). But otherwise, meat/shroom omlettes are a thing

It is common in many countries. The French love truffles. Germans and Brits also eat mushrooms.

However in the Nordic countries you had a period where yo should not eat too many mushrooms since they concentrated (heavy) metals from the soil, specifically radioisotopes after Chernobyl went boom.

>A 100% biodegradable vegetal leather, extracted from mushroom caps and “tanned” using chemical-free methods.
>chemical-free methods
someone explain this

burger here
love mushrooms, everyone i know likes mushrooms

>Nordic
>Chernobyl
KEK

good post

>immune system bolster, medicine, beer, building material

can you post examples of this

Reishi boosts immune system
Penicillin is medicine
Beer requires yeast
Some company makes mushroom building material now

>that blob in the UK

I always did wonder where the Welsh came from.

>mushrooms
>plants

>someone explain this
memes

They're best raw, though you cannot digest them properly (they just taste better).

they are heterotrophs. They can't photosynthesis.

>all my friends think mushrooms and people who eat them are gross

I don't understand, they're so tasty and interesting.

I don't know what they're called but I picked up a carton of mushrooms and fried them in butter. They were a little cluster of small whitish brown mushrooms. Like 20 of them in a cluster. So delicious.

Underrated

There is still a problem with sheep and reindeer becoming radioactive when grazing on lichen containing fungal matter that concentrates radioisotopes.

Joke was that thanks to radioactivity the entire reindeer were glowing in the dark.

>vegan leather
Man will always find a way to profit off it's members stupidity.

>vegan