I'm working on a roleplay character that uses a suit of armor not quite as big as pic related...

I'm working on a roleplay character that uses a suit of armor not quite as big as pic related. The armor is 7 ft and weighs in at 800lb The character inside is another 200lb.
I'm having trouble with coming up with how much fuel (or what type of fuel) it will need to launch itself 450 ft vertically.
Help would be appreciated. I'm not very good a science.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_F107
openrocket.sourceforge.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

7 ft? That's like 1 cm tall at best.

What?

Tsiolkovsky's rocket equation

Thanks! That's actually really helpful.

Did you fix the icing problem?

No problem. I should say that for better accuracy, you'll have to calculate how much energy it takes to propel your armored man X meters, and then what kind of fuel you're burning, (and make sure you account for the efficiency of the engine doing the burning), and then use that equation to tell you how much fuel you need.

Wait, what icing problem?

Thanks, since my character is a comic book super scientist my GM will probably let me off with not having everything explained but having most of the numbers should appease him. For fuel I was thinking CL-20 since it's smokeless and efficient, but from what I'm reading it seems too volatile.

I guess good ol' Kerosene is too easy?

I don't think that would fly haha

:')

This and whether you are simply launching or launching and hovering will make a big difference. If it's the former use the equation to find out what size rocket pack would do it. if it's the latter forget about rockets, consider a jet. Maybe two of these would do it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_F107
Remember to factor in fuel consumption.
Kerosene will do fine. Edgy fuels are a pain to store.

Sorry meant to reply to

>I'm working on a roleplay character
Off yourself, manchild

wow so edgy

>OP does something he enjoys
>Veeky Forums tells him he's a manchild

God damn it Veeky Forums this is why nobody takes us seriously

Veeky Forums not /qst/

No it's not, considering that drag will play a huge role

Just make some shit up like it uses energy from the sun to power the micro ant engines. Like ants are small but can lift ten times its size so use that for the engine it is small but can lift more than what ten heli engines can?

Nevermind lol

openrocket.sourceforge.net