Let's make a list of things necessary for the ultimate intellectual facade. In other words...

Let's make a list of things necessary for the ultimate intellectual facade. In other words, the list of things that portray intelligence to proles and pseudo intellectuals but are not indicative of any intelligence at all. Someone who has all of these things could have an IQ of 50. Let's try not to overlap things so that it could feasibly all be done by one person.

>speaking multiple languages
>posh accent
>being good at chess
>listening to classical music
>being good at an instrument
>knowing a lot / having an interest in Greeks or Romans or religions
>Law degree (history undergrad)

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/247857346_Arts_Foster_Scientific_Success_Avocations_of_Nobel_National_Academy_Royal_Society_and_Sigma_Xi_Members
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Damn my nigger, your list is on point. Allow me to add some:

>Read a bunch of novels from popular young adult authors
>Reading novels in general and making it a part of your personality
>Carrying your shitty novels everywhere you go instead of reading at home like a sane person
>Saying you like philosophy
>Studying philosophy
>Reading popsci books
>using long words

Oh, excuse me. I meant

>Applying into practice syntacticaly far-reaching
linguistical and written expressions

I know there's more but that is all that comes to mind.

>being good at an instrument
Fight me IRL. You're right about the rest, though.

This so much.

One of the most apparent indicators of stupidity is the phrase "I like reading". All it tells me is that you do so little reading in your daily life that you actually consider it a special activity when you take a break from your TV/pleb job to "read" some shitty fiction.

Well to be fair actually being able to speak more than two languages fluently isn't something a brainlet can really do. Of course the people who claim to be multilingual but barely know 100 words of the language they claim to be fluent in don't count.

True polyglots are rare and you can bet your ass that when they do exist they are of superior intelligence.

>>studying philosophy
please don't start this shit again Veeky Forums

>worships Grothendieck without knowing any of his work
>'researches' anything with a buzzword in it
>muh Langlands program
>muh cohomology
>muh motives

Oh, I forgot one of the biggest,

>Calling yourself a nerd/geek or similar

Laws should be written calling to execute all people who do this ffs.

Hey, if you want to be a pseudo intellectual then more power to you. I am just stating the facts.

ITT: Buttblasted outcasts

what about philosophy is pseudo intellectual?

It's interesting that you post a thread talking about measurements of intelligence, yet then proceed to list various activities tied to the humanities. It's interesting because the most well renowned artists in the humanities (painters, writers, musicians) throughout history are thought to have had IQs as high or higher than the most renowned of STEM focused pioneers. Oddly enough, it is thought the most intelligent people throughout history have been writers who wrote significant pieces of literature or the Great Masters of the visual art world. The reasoning is how much abstraction one must use to cultivate a message through descriptive story (literature) or visual representation (painting). Delivering a different message to your audience than what is on the surface displayed.

All of it. Philosophy in the 21st century (and for many centuries already) has been about asking questions that you cannot possibly answer.

In mathematics propositions and conjectures come and go and we keep the ones that we can prove and also show themselves to be useful, and the others are slowly forgotten.

In science theories come and go and we keep the ones that we can demonstrate and show themselves to be useful in modelling the real world and the others are slowly forgotten.

In philosophy bullshit arguments come... and keep coming nonstop. Nothing about philosophy is actually a question in the sense that it cannot be answered.

For every philosophical question there are like 20 different camps, all with some 5 retards publishing papers that only the other 4 will ever read because everyone else has their own view.

There are even philosophical positions stated by retards from 2000 years ago because philosophy has evolved that little.

Philosophy is not about knowledge, it is about knowledge of knowledge. It is not about
>Oh look at how many things I understand

it is about
>Oh look at how many things I know that exist and also have opinions about their nature.

>In mathematics propositions and conjectures come and go
>In science theories come and go
>In philosophy bullshit arguments come... and keep coming nonstop

This may just be the simplest but most powerful set of statements I've ever read on Veeky Forums about the topic of philosophy. Beautifully put.

are you wanna die?

So is philosophy useless? or do you just think it should not be something that's studied academically?

I am not arguing about philosophy's usefulness.

My argument is simply that philosophers are not intellectuals, my reason being that philosophy is not about knowledge in the first place.

That said, of course philosophy is useless and for fucks sake it should not be studied academically.

But there are special Veeky Forums snowflakes who get too offended if you tell them that reading all those philosophy books as the autistic manchildren they are for so many years have only made then more retarded so I try to avoid the argument about how useful philosophy is, so as to not derail good threads,

I hate when my colleagues refer to some punk at the University as extremely gifted or talented, when they really mean that person turns in their work on time event hough it might be complete shit. I've read these retards papers and they are just bullshit rambling, this new generation has no ability to make inferences and put theory to practice

>speaking multiple languages

do you mean to say you only speak English?

You know what it's there shit parents that make them believe they are special, I had to fuckin work hard to excel as a chemist

But uet these dumb motherfucker walk down the hall as if their shit don't stink. There is this one that that once to be a physician, he is revered by all the other underclassmen as a genius, yet all this dumb motherfucker has proven to me is that he turns in papers on time and is highly organized like a dumb twat

researchgate.net/publication/247857346_Arts_Foster_Scientific_Success_Avocations_of_Nobel_National_Academy_Royal_Society_and_Sigma_Xi_Members

>it is thought the most intelligent people throughout history have been writers who wrote significant pieces of literature or the Great Masters of the visual art world
someone's never done tensor calculus

What the fuck are you even babbling about you stupid idiot, art and music is done by people who are just bored with their own assholes, you think that pussy ass Mozart would have been proficient in STEM

That is only the fact after they become full of themselves, believe me you I've seen it before

>Wearing glasses to look intellectual,
>dressing intellectually.
>knowing classical literature
>knowing classical music
>knowing about religions
>knowing how to fuck catholic schoolgirls and get away with it

oh god I wish I was an intellectual sometimes

Philosophy is the love of Knowledge/Wisdom.

Phillo: Love
Sophia: Wisdom

Whether that's the art modern academics practice is another question altogether.