Is mathematics just a branch of language?

is mathematics just a branch of language?

Yeah sure whatever

Is Veeky Forums the most powerful and strengthy board on Veeky Forums?

It's just an analogy

mathematics is the language of logic

No. /thread

Of course

logos = word

FACT

i agree,

The validity of math isn't logical and reasoned, though, it is symbolic and axiomatic.

Logic isn't axiomatic? You pick some potential facts and follow through the consequences. Logic can't discover ultimate truth any more than math. The best it can do it determine consistency of a set of statements.

All creative expressions are isomorphic

language is a branch of mathematics

No, the vast field of logic is a as much a language as math, but is more vague and qualitative which gives unique dynamic and emergent properties that can't be restricted or defined by a set of axioms inherent in math symbols.

If anything, Math is the language of quantity and logic is the language of reasoning.

No because grammar makes no sense while math does

Actually, you have that the other way around. Mathematics deals with axiomatic systems over a formal logic over a formal language.

No, but it is practiced over a formal language.

Branches are a Language of Mathematics

Mathematics is hierarchical schema of reasoning that comes bundled with logical axioms and the necessary jargon to adequately describe them and their results. It is a language, but also other things simultaneously. So, no, math is not "just" a branch of language.

>human perception isnt limited
>reasoning isnt intrinsically axiomatic

We can believe these if we want, there's nothing that says we can't play pretend.

math is not a language you idiot

Language is the mathematics of branches

Branches are the mathematics of language

It could function as a language, couldn't it? Not a mathfag myself, and I can't explain it adequately... But let's say we received contact from an alien civilization... Couldn't we, somehow, get an idea of how complex they are through mathematics? After all, every language is bound by a set of rules. They're just, an expansion of logic, in a sense?

I don't have the necessary knowledge or expertise in language/math to express myself, but I think the idea is legit. Can someone who knows wtf I'm referring to tell me if what I'm thinking makes sense?

Shut up. We're talking about languaging mathematical branches here.

:( b-but that doesn't even make sense

Believe what you want neither of those things is related to anything I said.

How is human perception limited to mathematical symbols?
What are the axioms of reason?