Tfw antibiotic resistance is the biggest threat to humanity

>tfw antibiotic resistance is the biggest threat to humanity

How best to avoid serious infections?

It's really not a serious threat, just an inconvenience. We've only had antibiotics for 100 years. Worst case scenario is we go back to not having them. But we won't because genetic engineering will allow us to create new antibiotics and other solutions.

Don't have unprotected sex.

I know, in the degenerate times of hypergamous slut culture this advice is hard to accept.

100 years ago a lot more people died though.

Shame. Luckily I'm beta so that's not too much a concern.

>We've only had antibiotics for 100 years. Worst case scenario is we go back to not having them.

What's the point in advancing other fields of science when this very issue may fuck millions of us in the next few decades?

>What's the point
OK, Gorillaposter, we get it, you think you're smart because you suffer from existential angst.

>100 years ago a lot more people died though.
Sure, but we were not anywhere close to extinction.
As long as we keep off Africa, we can survive fine.

>don't live in a third-world shithole
>don't live in poverty

Pretty much saves you from anything more serious than a pneumonia. Also, we're constantly engineering new antibiotics and there are other methods of battling infection being invented, namely using bacteriophages.

Don't get infected

lol garlic is your best hope pleb

>B... but muh soviet bacteriophages

its ok we'll bring in millions of turd worlders to spread infectious diseases
no biggie

>tumblr humor
Do they get off on being extremely unfunny?

Re-colonise the pooinloos to prevent their creation of superbugs through their antibiotic pollution and shitting street, god-tier superbug environmental breeding grounds.

100k that the next pandemic will come from India.

>new antibioticss

There hasn't been a new antibiotic for like 30 years.

I'm no prof. But I think with a healthy immume system you could also defend yourself of those bacteria. Which wil maybe start "surviving of the fittest" again.

>what is teixobactin

adding to my post, there hasn't been a new antibiotic in thousands of years, we've basically just discovered a bunch of stuff but technically with the proper amount of funding we could alter existing antibiotics, it's just impractical to do so while they still work

you don't

>unsheathes sex pilus
>unsheathes rec proteins
>unsheathes faulty polymerase

nothing personnel, kid

You too could discover new antibiotics by scooping a bit of dirt from your backyard and taking it to a lab.

fun fact one of the strongest antibiotics was found on a moldy watermelon behind the lab.

or a specifically healthy immune system, with a genetic variation as CCR5delta32.

Pour undiluted bleach into all open wounds.

you won't as long as you are exposed to the antigens. Here look at my notes on how our immune system gets stronger or performs better from my anatomy class. Primary response refers to first exposure to antigen and secondary response refers to response after first exposure to the same antigen. Antigens are anything that invokes immune response. Antigen binding sites are basically what the antigen needs to tightly bind to for your immune system to respond to it.

During primary response mostly naïve B cells are activated. Activated naïve cells become effector cells that becomes memory cells. This is why the immune response isn't as strong in the primary response because it consists mostly of naïve cells that does not have antigen binding site that can bind tightly to the antigen.

However during the second response, memory cells that has encountered the antigen has developed antigen binding site that can better bind to the antigens. Therefore, the immune response is more rapid because memory cells are able to respond to the foreign invader more easily (thanks to a more specific antigen binding site) than naïve cells.

I duno, they got serious competition, China, south America, Africa, even parts of Europe but if I were an odds maker India would rank high. Black Death was all about fornication and bad plumbing, history will probably repeat.

Trump getting the nuclear launch codes will be the biggest threat to humanity tbqh fampai

>inconvenience

>minor surgery becoming life threatening is an inconvenience

uh

no, make yourself a Dakins solution

not that bleach even kills everything.

The answer is hospital / home / skin environment management.

Probiotics usage and proper hygiene.

Hospitals are basically still in the stone age when it comes to this type of stuff.

a lot of my patients get probiotic supplements

and a lot of management shit is really about how much you want to spend.

Eat right, exercise, wash your hands, don't share glasses and utensils. Make sure you always support good water and sewage infrastructure in your region, however you can. That's all you can do, unless you want to move out to the middle of the desert and never leave your hermit cave.

i thought the damper would explode and shoot in his ass

Best way to avoid infections is being dead.