Alien structures not yet discovered on Pluto

>Alien structures not yet discovered on Pluto
Are we going to have to comb the Oort cloud for intelligent life in the solar system?

Other urls found in this thread:

mentalfloss.com/article/26483/4-bizarre-experiments-should-never-be-repeated
youtube.com/watch?v=Cz-JwI0d8f8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We should probably start looking for intelligent life on Earth first.

*tips*

I don't think there is any intelligent life close to us. Or even life at all. It's gonna be thousands of years before we discover aliens

>being this retarded
If there is life ANYWHERE else in our solar system, it's probably in the subsurface oceans of moons like Ganymede, Europa, and Enceladus. And it wouldn't be intelligent life.

Yeah, pretty much.
The current only two options we can do for long distance space travel is:
1: cryogenics, which can fuck up your brain
2: wormholes, which is a crapshoot
Our generation is lucky to see Pluto
>tfw no alien gf

I want to cuck an alien

>Alien structures not yet discovered on Pluto
but they are

Would you rather live one Earth or Mars 4 billion years ago?

I always say that when people ask me this kind of stupid shit IRL

>would you rather one earth

Hello, I am King Flippy Nips, ruler of Pluto... We've discovered this thread quite by accident during a routine survailence of your site.

This.
If there were any signs of intelligent life, we'd see non natural structures.
I'm not saying there is no intelligent life out there, but it's not here.

too cold & lacking the necessary molecular resources to grow any kind of life.

>And it wouldn't be intelligent life.
How would you know?

I'm still holding out hope for an Aboriginal-tier bug civilization in the caves of Mars.
If an alien probe entered our solar system at any time in the past billion years it could still be on some rock out there
We have barely explored any of the solar system, we have one picture of Triton. One. Of course an active alien civilization on Triton is tinfoil but as I said there still is the slim chance of finding an old crashed probe out there somewhere. But as the other guy said the best chance of finding aliens is on Europa or Enceladus. There may be space squid there, who knows?

>>/r/eddit

Is it really impossible that life can evolve in space?
There are organisms that can live in space so why can;t they evolve there into bigger organisms that are the size of planets or some sci fi shit?

simple lack of resources. it's not practical that any organisms would evolve in space... that's assuming you aren't including asteroid systems within "space," since any collection of minerals could theoretically cause life.

Nigga there's tons of resources in space.
All kinds of gasses and minerals and sunlight just waiting to get picked up by something.
There's even clouds of booze out there.
I'm not kidding.

but the distances between those resources is so vast that locally it's as if they don't exist at all

I would just like to let you know, as a representative of the scientists of earth that PLUTO IS A PLANET

>the distances between those resources is so vast

Well, maybe that's the reason we don't see them around here (if they exist).
But who is to say that there aren't patches of important resources very close together at some places in the universe?

I'd be very interesting to see some space fishes floating around in a solar system.

>But who is to say that there aren't patches of important resources very close together at some places in the universe?
There are, we call them planets

So I was right

>If there were any signs of intelligent life, we'd see non natural structures.
MFW there's a community of Boltzmann brains living in the sun.
...not to mention the critters living in the liquid methane oceans of Titan.

Srsly tho... "intelligent life" doesn't require "non natural structures".
Dolphins are possibly smarter than us, but don't build shit.

>Dolphins are possibly smarter than us

[citation needed]

>Dolphins are possibly smarter than us, but don't build shit.
I heard this a lot.
Please tell me this is just some sort of meme or famous misinterpretation

>Please tell me this is just some sort of meme or famous misinterpretation
It's like you never heard of Google.
While I'm not a dolphin researcher myself, it seems like biologists generally support this idea.
But let's say it's 100% bullshit.
This statement is still true:
(You)
>"intelligent life" doesn't require "non natural structures".

well, everything I find about this, seems to be pretty spiritual or from people who are extremely enthusiastic about dolphins. Nothing scientifically tangible indicates that they are "smarter than us".

/thread

ethanol =/= booze

> implying that dolphins aren't smarter than humans
mentalfloss.com/article/26483/4-bizarre-experiments-should-never-be-repeated
(sorry for the click-bait link; it's the fourth one)

>Shockingly, this final strategy worked, and Margaret began rubbing the dolphin’s erection
>Lilly tried to get the dolphins to talk another way by giving them LSD. And although Lilly reported that they all had “very good trips,” the scientist’s reputation in the academic community deteriorated. Before long, he’d lost federal funding for his research.

Bugs, you say?

And i'd still rate this above homeopathy

youtube.com/watch?v=Cz-JwI0d8f8

>Discovering that a human could satisfy a dolphin’s sexual needs was the experiment’s biggest interspecies breakthrough.
What a breakthrough indeed.

Haven't horse breeders been "milking" horse cocks for centuries? Ignoring how fucking stupid this is, how could ANYONE consider this a breakthrough?

It actually is though, opinions and boundaries when it comes to mix-species sexual contact aside, an understanding and mutual feeling between intelligent species of this level is pretty unique.

And I don't mean to imply that I condone bestiality in any way, I'd like to make that clear.