Was math invented or discovered?

Was math invented or discovered?

Debate

Take your pedophile cartoons back to

Invented. Math is a construct used to break apart the universe into palatable pieces

>look mom, I poasted it again

hahaha you made me laugh, friend. have an upvote!

Learn to spell.

Mathematics as a concept was discovered. The language of mathematics which we use to convey this concept was invented. To answer more directly, math was discovered. This is probably bait because that's so obvious, but just in case you're actually curious

Discovered.

You don't create the laws of the universe, you attempt to understand them.

Creation implies autonomy on decision of the subject matter. There's nothing to decide about math, at its simplest or most complex.

You're interpreting that which exists, therefore, discovering what is already there.

Discovered, numbers like e pi i, the pythagorean theorem and even integer representations of matter exist. Unless you believe that the tree doesn't make a sound if no one is there to hear it.

The notation is invented, the structure is discovered.

>Was math invented or discovered?
Yes

PLATONISTS GET OOOUUUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Math == physics
No.

>There's nothing to decide about math
highschool pleb detected

Hey, I knew of some decisions made in math in high school. He might just be genuinely stupid.

It is planted. Like a tree. Then depending how you garden it may grow in different directions.

This

The laws of the universe causally determine what mathematics can be formed in the first place.

our math was created the instance the universe was, however we just happened to have discovered it

Discovered:
>Naturals
>Integers
>Rationals
Invented:
>Reals

>pi, e, phi are invented concepts that have no bearing on reality

correct
> phi
lol