What are you doing this summer?

Projects, internships, resits, waste your parents' money -- anything goes

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/protocat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>summer internship
>cambridge university
>cancer research

Flying to some other country to go bang a girl in her parents' house for two weeks.

studying for quals
started bitcoin trading
working on thesis
preparing for next year's classes
working on various textbooks

undergraduate research projects-Getting all my data this summer.
Getting ready to apply to graduate schools

Taking a class
Working wherever I can
Getting drunk on the weekends

>Research
>Two Summer Classes
>Working two jobs
>Contemplating life
>Trying to be Veeky Forums after GF cheated and left

no internship/only shadowing even if that
video games
manual labor/helping my parents in their huge garden

Min wage part time work (if I get it hopefully)
Music soundcloud.com/protocat
Programming a text-based console game
Vidiya

Internship.
EFMH Lab
Thermally driven katabatic flows (mostly just for getting experience with fluid mechanics).

taking a coure in physics and engineering at cambridge. pretty fun so far :^)

Sorry about your GF man, but she sounds like a cunt so it's for the best. I hope you blocked her.

upgrading math so I can get into comp sci

(wasted 20's)

im planning on getting a damn internship (programmer) sometime after my fall term. as an international student in canada its pretty hard to land a job because 1st) enlish iz not my first language 2) im half moron half incompetent idiot

im trying to get into c++ since ppl say its the most useful right now. coming from java + python background where should i go? preferably an online resource

Thanks man, I did. She became real emotionally abusive and crazy, but my first real GF so I didn't know any better.

Currently self studying real analysis even though Im not in a math course or anything (software engineering). I studied peano axiom from some random online resources but some user suggest abboot so im going to go with that now

what to go next after real analysis?

My school set up some review minicourses for quals.

It sounds like you just started studying real analysis. Why can't you people just spend your time studying something rather than planning subject after subject to get to next?

tbf if im going by this aboot book im as good as 1/2 of the course already. I guess Im excited is what i can call it.

What analysis have you done?

>Why can't you people just spend your time studying something rather than planning subject after subject to get to next?
Because having a fucking clue where you're going is how you avoid wasting time.

Why don't you take every course that sounds neato instead of pursuing a degree?

Independently studying stuff that interests me. I did apply for and get an internship, but it is not until next summer.

A harder analysis text like Rudin or Pugh and then a Topology text like Munkres (this is my current plan)

Just came out of 14 exams so going to take a nice long break on holiday for a few months with my gf.
Will do some nice light maths reading while in bed so I don't completely forget everything, but that's about it.

Summer internship at a immunobiology research program.

>bitcoin
You fell for the meme

He's reading an analysis book for fun, moron. It's all a waste of time. He'll have a better idea of where to go once he finishes it.

continue the internship at ochem company nearby
reading books

>no one is out of education

working while reading up on statistics and discrete mathematics for two courses that i failed this semester

Working with a Cambridge/UCL affiliated group on quantum information theory.

Also potentially working with a guy in Manchester on noisy quantum systems.

Working a part time job unrelated to my major while on campus for the summer, studying a little because I like to, and drinking and smoking when I'm not working or studying. Life is actually pretty good for once lads.
It's long been known that Veeky Forums is 90% high schoolers and undergrads with a few grad students.

>ever leaving academia

arvind?

About to graduate with an associates in nursing once summer semester ends. I took some higher level math and o-chem than my other classmates which has proven invaluable for making patho and pharm the easy parts of the degree for me.
Gonna take an online psych class over the summer, brush up on my o-chem and read some med-surg stuff to brush up on hemo/immune and neuro over the fall. That way I'll be staying sharp when I go back for my bachelors.

Nah bro

working a shit job a year after undergrad for a degree that hasn't gotten me a job and I never wanted in the first place, thinking about going back to school

planning to brush up on calculus and get a head start on linear algebra. maybe some physics work too

for machine learning or what?

technical delegate at a few touring car races in asia
refactor a bunch of code for a telemetry platform i wrote last summer, get it to run on better hardware
going to learn/start working on freertos code for a different, albeit similar project
play with some rust, rump kernel, maybe write a small simulation, dunno yet, i'll see where things take me
vacation to the ocean with my girlfriend for an extended weekend
get back into working out - finally

>most people here are failures
rip

Summer internship (almost done), then wasting my money going to Japan for two weeks, then doing some math and chillin' until Fall

I'm going to spend the first month contemplating suicide and feel sorry for myself for being 19 and still living with my parents and going to college for a degree in Liberal Arts and Science. Tomorrow, I start taking a welding class in a shitty neighborhood.

>text-based
It isn't the early 80s anymore

Machine Learning internship
Going to the gym because I'm a fatass
Shitposting on the Internet

Studying for real analysis exam and constantly being reminded that no, I don't remember all the maleasure theory stuff. Living with bf for the summer before I move out of town so that's nice. Also thought I'd self study some quantum information theory since I've enjoyed some talks on it.

>but my first real GF

So did you date surreals or complex girls before?

I'm doing an internship at Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron. Good times hopefully, I've never been to Germany before

I have to study some basic microbiology over the summer for the start of the second year. So that and wageslaving at McDonald's to pay rent and shore up my savings account.

who here /undergrad/

Bumping

Embedded system engineering internship this summer. Finished building my PC and have been binging on games like a manchild. Kind of lonely here since I moved to a city where I don't know anyone. Took up running instead of lifting for a try

>Learning Qt.
>Making a local database for a warhammer 40k campaign using Qt.
>Learn Perl if I have the time or learn how to make a compiler.

play minecraft, reddit, Veeky Forums.

Learning python for when i am starting engineering next year. I know python is ez but i have to start somewhere
>Tfw no job
>Tfw no gf
>Tfw friends all on vacation

I'm 24 and jobless, you might have a chance to be better off than me at that point.

It depends though
I have no work experience
You probably (hopefully) do.
You may be unemployed for 3-6 months at most if you are actively seeking employment
If I don't get a job by jerking off a local employer or something I'm fucked. No one wants a 19 year old worker without experience, regardless of academic performance. If I never get experience I will just be stuck as a NEET

undergrad materials research
learning python
various art projects
reading for pleasure

but mostly feeling stupid and useless and lost

>Feeling useless and stupid and lost
It is impossible not to during summer breaks unless you're a brainlet

Started 3rd year of med school. One month deep and going ok so far.

Leaving my wife, prepping for my return to college in fall, and working.

doing an internship for a machine tool company that does process design.

its pretty sweet.

anime
learning nip
fapping to chinese cartoon girls
shitposting math on Veeky Forums
etc etc

Covering Precalculus and hopefully getting an introduction into Calculus, trying to keep my grades high so I can get into a good school

Taking an intro to math proofs class for the first summer session at my uni. Next session I'll be a TA for Calc

Also finally starting to learn a bit of programming which is fun.

Doing nothing and it's fucking fantastic. I did research at my school last summer and I did classes the summer before that.

Finding a place to live and preparing for first quarter of grad school and quals.

All girls are complex but some are imaginary.

>not doing more research

it's like you don't even wanna science all day erry day

I mean that should be expected
underage retards
18 - 22 aged retards
grad school retards who haven't gotten into their research-intensive years yet

after that you're far too busy with your research to be shitposting on Veeky Forums, or you've burned out and are now shitposting on another board

What are you using to study Quantum Information Theory? I'm looking at Chuang and Nielson to learn some Quantum Computing.

A bit of everything.

Learning more about blender
Improving my 3d printer.
Waste my parents money on things
Getting maybe a course or two over something interesting.
Trying to learn something usefull(like, fuck 2 years in biology and non has told me yet how to actually do a microscope preparation or a PCR)

teaching myself akkadian cuneiform before the next semester starts
though I may be taking a break, I havent decided yet

>after that you're far too busy with your research to be shitposting on Veeky Forums,
Are you stupid? People doing research can drum up 30 minutes a day to browse a goddamn website.

Nice, I plan to try for the same thing next summer (after upcoming junior year).

I'm doing undergraduate research on lithium batteries. It's been pretty cool so far.

Besides class, working on some project to map all trees on campus, including the canopy coverage. Also probably going to survey wild pigs at some point.

I wish it was ;_;
Also, It will help me improve my programming skills and I can do it all from scratch

>Veeky Forums
>league of legends
>anime
>literature and philosophy

>Machine Learning internship
Details? Where and what are you doing?

>lol
Shit tier desu
>literature and philosophy
Holy kek my sides

>doin' applied statistics at compsci departement
>let's call it machine learning!
>omg, future is now
>guys, i've developed awesome AI!
>kNN algorithm

teacher summer semester one and defending my qualifying paper 10 days later

So what are you doing tho? What data, what stuff do you use, are you in UK? Just curious

don't know anything specific about the data used yet. i'm mainly going to apply kNN since i didn't really understand the concept of SVM yet. florida

You don't need to understand SVNs to apply them though, just use a library like sckit-learn and benchmark them using cross validation. Though SVNs are sort of like logistic regression but with a nonlinear kernel

That other guy who replied to you isn't me btw

Anyway, I'm a grad student and the one other ML intern is also a grad student. We are mostly working in NLP and the place we are at gives us lots of freedom to explore different tech. Playing around with tensorflow right now.

>showering before you eat dinner
what the fuck, who does this?

Working a full-time job because I'm not a child

1 month continuing a research project I originally did for a chemistry class
1 month fucking around in South America
1 month at home

A proper internship would have been nice but I needed this time off.

>tfw I just started trading cryptocurrencies this morning
lets go Trumpcoin!

I know man, I'm a meme.

No one is just resting?

failing at my job in a uni lab. procrastinating hard 8 hours a day. possibly studying for grad school but a little disillusioned

Working at a restaurant, familia. I graduated (undergrad) in May, but I need a job until November (when I'm applying to OCS with the Army, Navy, and Air Force). I could start a real job, but they'd probably be pissed that I'm leaving so soon.

What place is that?

What are you trying to solve with NLP?

>Internship
>Trying to get Veeky Forums
>Getting drunk, probably not helping the above

Also studying for the FE exam. Everyone says it's easy as shit but I'm still anxious.

>Went on vacation for two weeks in New England
>Tutoring high-schoolers who can't math
>Learning code (slowly)
>Playing dnd
>Actually sleeping eight+ hours per night instead of six
>Reading classic novels