Opinions on Freud?

A funny man.

All conjecture, important because he brought kids and childhood into the picture.

>psychology

he's a good litmus test on who knows what modern psychology is and who has no clue

I've heard someone say that Freud is to psychology what Aristotle was to astronomy. I would say that I agree, except that I would mention that psychology is definitely not a science.

Freud wanted to fuck his mom.

A complete hack

Pics of mom?

lol, but seriously, I think it was Slezkine's book that put Freud more in focus for me. apparently, he didn't have a high opinion of americans, saying they don't have a subconscious. that, plus his highly jewish clientele says something pretty obvious. i don't think people have an appreciation of the rigid rules-based life of religious jews. there are literally hundreds of laws to keep, as opposed to only ten commandments for goyim. if you think fundamentalist christianity was oppressive, try being an adult in Freud's time with all the baggage associated with repressing desires to not break the hundreds of laws they must obey. quite a lot of shit gets swept under the rug of the conscious mind to deal with ones own unworthiness.

meanwhile, americans are confessing their sins, asking forgiveness, and moving on with their lives freer of dysfunction.

IMO, Freud had a unique view of psychological dysfunction, but it's a sad one.

he is a joke. Like Einstein.

Gentile British people were pretty fucked up at the time too.
But yeah, there's a pretty good argument that the problems Freud talked about were unique to Europeans in the 1910's, and he just assumed they were universal problems everyone had.

A moron, but a pioneer.

I really love his quotes like "hur dur look at me I am psychodynamics guy" "let dreams have meanings" "everything we do is cos unconscious desires"

a genius, I suspect he is extremely influential on how individuals conceive of their thoughts/behavior in the west. I have it from a good authority that prior to Freud the subconscious was nearly unconsidered in western thought. (Interestingly Sakyamuni Buddha is probably the first serious explorer of something like an subconscious in world history).

I am also extremely suspicious of his ideas but haven't gotten around to studying them in any detail.

People like to ridicule him because they know a theory or two of his; he had a habit of creating theories that sounded completely absurd, but the little bugger was one hell of a thinker and could make absurd things sound fairly reasonable.

>tfw I want to become a psychologist because it seems like a comfy profession.

I'm a nurse and I'd much rather sit and talk with people all day than be someone's glorified personal handyman.

Deranged sexual predator.

ur mom lol

I doubt many of his patients were Orthodox Jews... Most Jews don't keep all those rules. Many Jews are not religious at all. Like Christians.

He has a nice cigar.

He made right observations, but interpreted them all wrong.

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
fegit

He brought sexuality into matters where it was not fitting.

>tfw you dream fucking your mom instead of your waifu

fuck you freud

DUDE COMPLEXES LMAO
No but seriously he's right

so u wana do ur mom ? dam u sik fuk son

I've already did. Your mom is next tbqfhwyf