Other urls found in this thread:

latex.codecogs.com/eqneditor/editor.php
codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php
youtube.com/watch?v=SoDv0qhyysQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cTEfw-jUqAg&list=PLF975D9D3C9B50FF7&index=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

essentially, yes
just doing it a lot

you don't learn latex. you just start typing stuff and google what you need to know.

This. Like all software. Though I would say that this IS learning, it's just different than other types of learning.

use markdown instead

With pandoc? How do you get it to output APA?

fiddled with

latex.codecogs.com/eqneditor/editor.php

Read the not so short book on LaTeX. You can get pretty far by just googling shit but actually reading a proper text on it will give you a better feel for the macro language and all of the otherwise retarded and bewildering shit will make more sense. For instance, you'll understand why order matters when including packages and what the difference is between all of these macros and environments that seem to do exactly the same thing a lot of the time but suddenly catastrophically break your document for seemingly no reason on rare occasion.

I did not

the tool I use for Veeky Forums is codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php

> nightcrawler
> its not night

write it

try to compile it

look at the errors

look up the solution

learn

Necessity is the mother of invention. Once you know that you need to format

[math] \displaystyle

\begin{bmatrix}

O & P & I & S & A \\
H & O & M & O & S & E & X & U & A & L \\
E & N & G & I & N & E & E & R \\

\end{bmatrix}

[/math] ,

you'll know what you need to do.

i let this bitch teach me, amazing videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=SoDv0qhyysQ

just do EVERYTHING she says

start by downloading texmaker and miktex

>look at the errors
lel, have you ever done anything in latex?

latex errormessages are literally the most cryptic useless shit I have ever come across, and I used windows for a long time

I got the book by Leslie Lamport, a sty file from another student and then I sat down with a (genuine) vt100 terminal and started typing in.

I was really surprised how well it looked the first time I fired up Xdvi on the workstation.

These days you might try out LyX.

Oh yes, and googling for latex can net you more than, uh, text processing.

Thread

>lel, have you ever done anything in latex?
Frequently. I write all my *TeX documents in a simple text editor and compile with the command-line utility.

>latex errormessages are literally the most cryptic useless shit I have ever come across
you're either bullshitting or you don't actually know how to use computers.

literally by Googling "how to ___ tex" like 1200 times

What's it like being Autistic? Do you have any feeling when you see garbled nonsense? Do you have emotions at all?

This Youtube video series and Googling the stack exchange for latex commands.

youtube.com/watch?v=cTEfw-jUqAg&list=PLF975D9D3C9B50FF7&index=1

I taught myself TeX by just doing it and then googling any issues. Years later and after a long hiatus, I skimmed a tutorial and realized that a lot of what I had been doing was either clunky or in some way inferior.

Had a crash course on an REU and have used it on and off with Google for different presentations.

In what discipline was your REU?

I took an expensive course, because I wanted to be sure I would learn everything.

top kek

You don't learn LaTeX, it is an inborn ability

You can't learn LaTeX, it is an amalgamation of random shit

>tfw your prof posts his beautiful .sty files on the class webpage
Saved me a bunch of work.

It was probably in math. Math profs basically expect you to be fluent in LaTeX when doing research. When I did undergrad projects, my advisor would have me keep detailed TeX notes and email them to him before meetings.

IME math professors tend to be pretty adamant about its use, but my REU was in physics and we had to use TeX. Luckily my professors required that we learn that shit on our own time and use it for all papers and reports.

I shitposted DiffyQs on here for a few months and eventually I ended up no longer needing to google how to do anything in [math]\LaTeX[/math]