A polymath

Veeky Forums ask a polymath anything.

what are your areas of proficiency?

whats a polymath?

Good question. My areas of proficiency include anthropology, history, philosophy, mathematics, psychology, neuroscience, computer science, quantum physics, bioengineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and much more.

Someone who's knowledgeable in many subjects.

What practical thing can you do with your knowledge that most ordinary people cannot?

What is your research focus in bioengineering?

Yo what's the best atom

Occupation?

how do i keep the top shelf of my refrigerator from freezing my produce?

thanks in advance

Can you clarify the much more part? Is it twice as much as what you already wrote down? Does it include origami and tying your shoes?

As a polymath, I enjoy analysing the patterns and layers of human speech; puns, sarcasm, innuendos, etc. And analyse the body language of people in order to determine their overall psychology. That's a practical use of my experience in studying psychology.

In a purely probabilistic sense, it's much more likely that you're full of yourself than that you're a polymath. Can you convince us quickly by stating a series of obscure facts or interesting original ideas in several of these areas? No sense in beating around the bush.

kek

Some of your favorite philosophers, books, movies, music?

My research focus is regenerative medicine.

>the freshman's dream

hey do you measure your wang in cm or inches?

True, and I agree with you. But what kind of obscure facts would convince you? If I do mention a series of obsecure facts, I'll look like I'm full of myself again, thus defeating the point.

No, it proves the point to the user who asked. You can be a polymath and be full of yourself. Too late for you to prove anything now though, convinced you're retarded.

What are the connected components of [math]\prod_{i=1}^{\infty} \mathbb{R}[/math] with the box topology?

I quite enjoy Nietzsche, even though he's a bit inconsistent. The recent book I've read and is quickly becoming a favourite is the 48 Laws of Power. I love Pulp Fiction. And I enjoy classical music, especially Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven.

DO IT OP

ILL KNOW IF UR FULL OF SHIT

Alright, move along everyone, nothing to see here.

Oh good quantum physics; can you give a summary of the proof of the Jahn-Teller effect using group theory please?

How is being unemployed treating you?

I have studied this problem for quite a while. If my calculations are correct the connected components have a sum of -1/12 .

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm quite saddened that you think I'm a troll or a bait. I'm genuinely a polymath. However, there seems to be a misconception that a polymath is a master of all subjects. But the truth is, a polymath is a jack of all trades but a master of none.

Dear OP: if you came here to see if you could pull it off, you're kind of full of yourself but you're alright, we can be friends still.

If you came here because you actually think several years of sporadic Googling and a couple college courses coupled with a comparatively ignorant group of peers makes you a "polymath" then back to the books with you!

I thought this sort of thing when I was like 18 and started to be shocked by just how well-learned people can actually be.

dl you know everything deeply or simply at the surface level?

surface level. i watch youtube videos mostly.

nigga pls

No, of course not. I don't know everything. I only know that I know nothing.

I'm deeply humbled.

When you say you know a subject people expect you to be able to help them with their problems in that subject

That is true.

Who has ever met another polymath here?

>Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
whose interpretation is your favorite?
Also, what is your favorite movement? many people say the first but I much prefer the intensity of the third

>polymath
Fields of study have become so complicated and compartmentalized today that this isn't possible in the same way it used to be. Human collective knowledge is far to great.

And being a FUCK YEAH SCIENCE fedora who reads r/askscience religiously, watches Vsauce, and just regurgitates what experts say doesn't count as a polymath.

Has anyone besides yourself considered you a polymath?
If the answer is no, then you're just narcissistic

>48 laws of power

Gross. Skimmed through a summary of it, and damn man, shit's autistic

I bet you can't even solve a simple differential equation. Here, try this one to prove it:

[math]x^2y''+3xy'+y=0[/math]

This is bullshit.
Once you have an undergrad degree it isn't that hard to pick up another field.

t. Engineer, EMT and Mathemagician

epic troll

Valentina Lisitsa. I favour the 3rd movement too.

This is insulting to me. I won't solve it. Too simple.

Come on man. Copypasta into Wolfram is too much for you to maintain your troll?

I can do it in my head quite well.

kek

You can't even prove basic mastery over a subject fundamental to many of the things you claim to be good at.

wew

However, I must say that all my efforts to prove that I'm a true polymath will be futile in such hostile environment.

Someone like you, gentleman, can easily accuse me of using a differential equation solver, even if I do solve it on my own.

Why are you even posting about your incredible wide breadth of knowledge on an anonymous aboriginal penile subincision discussion board if you can't even prove anything? Shit thread tbqh.

What are your preferred pronouns?

I thought it would be a nice way to elucidate and edify people with the knowledge I've accumulated throughout the years.

Them and They.

it's not possible to be a polymath in todays world

if you aren't dedicated to only one or two fields, you simply can't know enough to ever be truly useful

Who would win?
1,000,000 US Marines w/ infinite assault rifle ammo
VS
10,000,000,000 angry meerkats?

A nice way to clarify? English certainly isn't one of you 'proficiencies'; use a thesaurus less.

sauce??

>that perky and tight body will never undergo heat transfer with your skelly body

rekt

who is this semen daemon?

I am a polygot too. I should do a 'ask a polygot anything' soon.

I'm fluent in English, Russian, French, German, Arabic, Spanish, Italian, Indian, Urdu, Japanese, Chinese, and even dead languages like Greek and Latin.

>The truth is, a polymath is a jack of all trades but a master of none.

So, you mean how the majority of the population tends to have surface knowledge about many subjects? I guess that makes you a lot less special, as by your own 'definition', practically anyone can claim to be a 'polymath'.

Do note, your definition is wrong, as a polymath is actually defined as: "a person whose expertise spans a significant number of different subject areas." And by your own admission you aren't an expert, or more accurately its synonym, 'master': "a master of none."

I rest my case, you verbose, hyperbolic, charlatan. You're probably nothing more than a dilettante, like much of Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums in general.

>So, you mean how the majority of the population tends to have surface knowledge about many subjects?
What population are you talking about? The average person is a high school dropout who can't math and thinks anything they don't understand is stupid.

Where did you find that definition? I checked multiple online dictionaries including Merriam-Webster and did not see "expertise" or "master" anywhere -- at best I found "knowledge" and "learning".

>polyglot

>a 'ask a polygot anything'
>a 'ask

>POLYGLOT
>A 'ASK

A polyglot that does not know the English word for polyglot even with red squigglies suggesting to him that he spelled it wrong. Believable.

>polygot

Do you mean 'polyglot'? To note, that shows you do not have mastery of either English or Greek, as 'polyglot' is a borrowed word with a Grecian root.

>Indian

India doesn't have a single tongue, due to varied ethic groups and religions.

Because a polymath is only limited to STEM? Oh wait, no, many of your 'fields' are humanity based, I guess you contradicted yourself again.

I do apologise for the mistake. It's quite challenging to type on a phone.

>everyone on Veeky Forums is the same person
The content of my post is always completely ignored in favor of the content of posts by others. 'Tis the way of Veeky Forums.

OP is faggot confirmed. Everyone go home.

By the way, the widely spoken tongue within India is 'Hindi', not 'Indian'. If you actually spoke it, you'd know that.

Even the most wisest of all men is not an exception to error or flaws.

Isn't the whole space connected?

By making up a language and claiming you speak it? By the way, extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence and that burden rests upon you, as claimant.

Since I'm both a polymath and a polyglot, people get jealous, which is understadable. This explains the attacks whenever a flaw appears in my texts.

understandable*

You made up a language and claimed to speak it, whilst also showing a lack of semantic understanding and a gross ignorance of Greek; a language you're apparently 'fluent' in. - Just give up, you're a shitty polymath.

I'm sorry for 'making up a language.' As I said, I don't have the advantage of writing clearly right now. However, what evidence do you require? I explained that I cannot provide any absolute evidence in this environment.

You said you spoke 'Indian', yet in India the official languages of the state are English and Hindi. Whereas, in reality, there isn't that much of a unified tongue as there are so many different ethnic and religious groups in India.

Big whoop I'm a polydact

I am aware of that, it was only slip of a finger.

That also certainly calls into question your knowledge of anthropology and possibly history.

You can test me, if you are in doubt.

How? The words are nothing alike, you can't blame autocorrect for that.

Fine, let us meet up, so I know you're not just going to frantically Google everything.

I blame my fingers. I sincerely apologise.

This is the problem I've predicted: There is no way to prove my claims on here beyond any doubt.

You cannot typo a whole word that is entirely different.

Come on cam, so we can watch diligently.

True, but I can make errors. And I'm fully responsible for it.

I bet Clinton wishes he could've just blamed his fingers, or the cigar.

Why haven't we heard of you before? The one great threat to intelligence is comfort. Once you become comfortable to a seat at a table, you assume everyone is equal at the table. When you sits down and proclaims superiority, you all become cowards. A real genius won't cower or fear in anonymity. They pray and play humans like a little girl plays with dolls. If OP is not role playing, he should proclaim his true identity and answer this question.

What is your greatest achievement in science?

Having fingers, capable of creating a language, whilst entirely separate of the executive function of my mind.

Shit, I made an ass of myself faster than a christian on a morale parade. Forget the spelling and grammar errors, the bottom line is that OP is claiming superiority( false authority) when no one has challenged it. In my opinion OP should still answer the questions imposed.

I've been challenging him (obviously) for over half-an-hour.

Mind the errors friend, the context is far more interesting. Unless you prefer to answer to bait. Yes I made errors, and yes I've had a few mind altering activities which weren't justified. The point of focus is that OP has made a claim of superiority and no one has challenged it. We should demand a name and ask what their greatest achievement was into science. This should demolish certain low level beliefs and acknowledge true hierarchy. Something you should all be doing instinctfully given the circumstances of this board.