/Uni/ General

Post your Uni and what you're majoring in

who /Barretts/ here?

Do you enjoy it?
What were your grades/extras/scores when you got accepted?
Is it possible to transfer from another in-state school?

Australian national Uni reporting in.
I'm just about finished an applied physics/electrical engineering double degree.

It's pretty enjoyable, although most of the other students are arrogant pricks with some sort of intellectual superiority complex. I guess that should be expected in some of the higher ranking universities. Similar to America's Ivy League attitude I imagine.

I averaged 90% when I was accepted but that's only cause I picked my shit up in the last two years of secondary schooling. Before that i was lucky to get 60-75%.

In Australia it's pretty easy to transfer around actually. so yeah you can transfer.

University of Quebec in Montreal.

CS meme degree.

>Do you enjoy it?
Eh. The university is clean and all, the campus is nice, but it's not a prestigious university, even in Canada, but I fucked my chances with my first attempt at a bachelor. I went into physics at University of Montréal and did fuck all, got kicked out after two years for my shitty grades. UQAM was the only university to accept me.

>What were your grades/extras/scores when you got accepted?
Like I said, my dossier was soiled by my first attempt at a bachelor. Although now I have a 3.70 GPA with 10 out of 30 courses finished, and I received a letter from the director saying I'm among the top 5% of the Science department. Feels nice to not be a failure.
>Is it possible to transfer from another in-state school?
No idea. I should look into it. I'd probably be better off finishing my degree in a better university (if they'd accept me now that my GPA isn't shit), which would grant me better opportunities when it comes to doing a master.

UC Santa Cruz (where my slugs at??)
Going into second year this fall, electrical engineering 99%

First year was aight, lots of chill people, most people in my classes were willing to study together and help each other out. Majorly fucked up in my physics class and ended up with a C, hoping to get my gpa back on track second year.

My grades weren't the best, had a 4.21 GPA and 2070 SAT. Not many extracurriculars, probably why I didn't get into any higher-tier UC's.

Fuck it, why not.

University of Toronto (Mississauga)

I honestly don't know what to expect. I'm enrolled for the following fall-winter year but no idea what to expect.

Help me

I went to Scarborough. If it's anything like that, it's a good university with tons of research opportunities. That's all that's important, really.

texas tech
microbiology
going for masters now

Princeton University, ORFE

It's nice, but it's only really nice if you enjoy the theoretical. Princeton's great for that, but not the best at applied (except in Physics - it's got great experimental and theoretical). It's a stark contrast to MIT; if anyone wants to know more about the comparison's between the two (I spend most of my time off there), happy to talk about it.

As an ORFE major, you'll deal with a lot of Chads and the vast majority of your classmates will go to work for Wall Street as a quant or analyst, you might get lucky enough to find what OR Professors are left. No guarantees it'll last for long though; the university is waiting for them to die out and replace them with FE people.

Social scene is pretty bad, but I don't really hang out with a lot of people or drink; user experience will vary. Huge disparity between leftist LGBT liberals and people who are near /pol/ tier conservative.

4.71 GPA, 34 ACT, lots of unique extracurriculars

No transfer possible

UCI
Computer Science
Transferred in from a community college with a 3.7

UC Davis
Biological Systems Engineering with a Computational Biology minor

what a time to be alive

Are you deus ex?

does anyone go to ASU that's in Barrett's?

what state did you attend the community college in? did you apply to any other uni's?

meme degree 2bh

Durham University
Starting this autumn.
Bachelors in Physics. Hopefully I won't fuck it up.

go bears - cs + stats here

I'm considering applying here. How selective is ASU for students who live in the midwest?

That's pretty much the ideal combination for data science m8.

idk about the double major life, berkeley is already hard as is
if it gets to be too much ill probably just do cs

Not sure. Trying to transfer there

MechE. Stylin' on that 4.0 life.

University of Basel

Physics, fell for the le meme degree

No /Barrett/, I'm the guy who barely shows up and somehow passes all examina

Yeah I kinda enjoy it. Too much work but still cool

I made an Abitur (in Germany) with 1.9 (the score goes from 1.0 to 6.0)

Don't know what that means

lmao how so?

Neuroscience. We recently got top 12.

Woops. Graduated 3.9 in the major with a 3.5 overall. Teachers were also industry experts, usually widely published. Loved it, the city is amazing.

I transferred from another out of state school, Tulane offers a partnership with LA schools I'm quite sure. I had a 2.5 in high school but a 3.7 when I applied to transfer.