I'm starting to think IOTA is another shitcoin scam like Cardano and NEO. What do you tards think?

I'm starting to think IOTA is another shitcoin scam like Cardano and NEO. What do you tards think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QX3M8Ka9vUA
casey.github.io/iota/
reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/70ya29/time_for_a_paradigm_shift_has_come/
medium.com/@comefrombeyond/drawing-the-line-for-dont-roll-own-crypto-5d01c8525ca5
youtube.com/watch?v=JWCQ5YRraOc
youtu.be/JWCQ5YRraOc
twitter.com/ercwl/status/966287250031030273
youtu.be/JWCQ5YRraOc?t=52m12s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm holding 1 GI till 2022

That was clear from the beginning

you are right, just btc is the chosen one in long term

It is a scam.
“In 2019 it’ll work, we swear!”
“Our controller only works fully when it reaches mass adoption, that’s why it’s not performing well”
No thanks

IOTA doesn't work on a fundamental level, its entire structure is flawed.
-No private keys
-No double spend protection
-No guaranteed global consensus
Embarrassingly shitty wallet...single dev coins have better wallets.

Don't forget the generic "smart people don't have problems with the wallet"

shitty tech, completely FUDed by all respected cryptographers

also Sonstebo is a PR disaster

>also Sonstebo is a PR disaster
kek this, and he's not stepping down any time soon

I believe in IOTA tho

seed = private key, in a sense

>I believe in IOTA tho
unironically, there is more utility believing in God

Actual state of biz, crying abkut wallets.

They are working with Bosche, VW and others under NDA. Not o my will you hold their currency, and every partner buy up droves. But machines will all use it. It's the second in the throne to btc after ICOs get regulated.

Does not have a wallet the website they have you have to create a seed. If you send a transaction nodes don’t see it. It’s only good if you like losing money and you don’t move it off the exchange you bought it from. Will the price pump? Most likey. Is it still a scam yez

I guess all the researchers that are constantly coming out against it don't know what they are talking about. I'd better listen to Volks'Dieselgate'Wagen run by clueless boomers that want to see what this crypto business is all about and bought into the IoT meme.

With every user on IOTA the tps Increases and speeds up rather than contesting a block. You think millions of machines are going to be able to communicate with each other when there are fees and congestion. By the time VW makes cars with built in wallets im sure they will of foxed the other small stuff

Ah, a bagholder I see.

This has already been debunked fag. If it wouldn't work you think these companies would "hodl" for the sake of it.

this documentary made me a believer in IOTA, if it things play out this way -- even if it's only in a few major countries (eg Germany)
youtube.com/watch?v=QX3M8Ka9vUA
>inb4 vice

I actually own none right now because there are faster multipliers atm, but definitely promising I've been to some of their meetups and they explain it well

>debunked

Lol what companies? I’m pretty sure apply holds 90 percent of all cyptros acounding to biz

>Calls boomers buying into IOT clueless
>doesnt understand the future of IOT and calls it a meme

this

casey.github.io/iota/
>IOTA: The Brave Little Toaster That Couldn’t

Every company that partners with IOTA buys up a large chunk, I beleive VW own abkut 40-50mill worth. If they start using it, they want to have large biying power on the network. Do the math, more partners= ever growing cap

>muh smart rapefugee cities

sonstebo slammed that guy good

I rest my case

OP I did a lot of dd before going in on iota, its undervalued because the two lead devs CANNOT fucking stop embarrasing themselves on social media. If david and cfb would learn when to shut their fucking mouths it would easily 2x, no exaggeration. Cfb especially, manages to sound like hes losing arguments even when hes actually winning. Not a comfy hold by any means, but an interesting one.

the main reason why it will fail, beside the pajeet-level tech

Whats wrong with the tech? Be specific friend

I can guess
>coordinator, it means this isn't decentralized
true but this will change eventually
>wallet, hurr why can some 'single dev' coins do it better?
because they're starting off a bitcoin fork or it's an erc20 token, and there's lots of existing wallets to build upon
>network can't handle spam
it's getting better
>my tx took long the last time I did it
it's getting better, much focus on this
>ternary
... I can't defend ternary

casey.github.io/iota/

Just saying its debunked doesn't make it debunked.

also this post by cfb should make you drop it immediately if you have any semblance of intellect. his delusions are laughable reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/70ya29/time_for_a_paradigm_shift_has_come/

defend the custom hash function for me lol. that's like the first thing you shouldn't ever attempt to do

medium.com/@comefrombeyond/drawing-the-line-for-dont-roll-own-crypto-5d01c8525ca5

yep, delusional. self-taught 'cryptographer'. topkek

they have 5-10 crypto consultants they're paying boatloads of money to right now. I'm not worried.

cryptography*

enjoy. i'll laugh at your wojaks later

Listen to anyone remotely tech competent and they will tell you that buying IOTA is worse than throwing money out the window.

At least throwing out the window some might blow back in if the wind is in the right direction.

youtube.com/watch?v=JWCQ5YRraOc

it can go either way. I accept the risk, but am holding for 5+ years

>thinking Richard Heart's opinion is important
hahaha

If you believe in IoT, then you should probably invest in a coin that is actually suitable for IoT, not IOTA.

I like iota but I don't see a viable solution to the two cloud problem without a coordinator.

The hired cybercrypt to review their cryptography and have switched to an industry standard in the meantime. Also, you definitely dont understand what the original issue even was if that is your idea of "detailed" fucking lol

Every time IOTA says something is debunked they never link to a reference.

IOTA always claiming everyone is out to get them sounds just as insane as Charles Hoskinson claiming everyone is out to get him.

He goes over most of the stupid decisions they've made.

And you can't deny that there is a long laundry list
>created own crypto (huge security risk to use your own vs one that is peer reviewed)
>Refuses to make it open source so that competent coders can possibly fix some of the flaws
>Ternary (LOL)
>No usable method of consensus
>Centralized as fuck by necessity, if devs let it loose it would break itself over and over and over

btw it's already a top 10, all the idiots who buy things for buzzwords (and all their clueless family members) have already bought bags on bags. Where does the growth come from now? Oh yeah, adoption like BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, NEO, every other player above it (besides ADA which is another hypecoin) and because of the absolute mess that it is trying to actually use it for anything, that will be a long way off, if it EVER happens. I mean where do you even start to fix this mess? You'd literally have to recreate the project from the ground up and then it wouldn't have all the sexy buzzwords that got people into it in the first place.

There's a reason only 2 exchanges carry IOTA, it's because even hodling it is risky with how glitchy it is and most exchanges don't make enough to cover liability if and when it breaks and loses everyone's funds.

Don't care about Richard. Every single cryptography researcher that had spoken about it on the other hand agrees it's a piece of trash.

Last one isnt true, it runs without the coordinator. That is there to stop 33% attack at low tps

What do cybercrypt think?

Name one that's close to the same level

Hes already stopped replying. Which is the pattern Ive seen generally. Accusations just sort of taper off

85% of alts are just vapermemeys that are probably just criminal fronts.
JUST
U
C
C

Are you serious? Literally anything that is functional and doesn't require PoW to be done by the client. Low power IoT devices *cannot* do PoW.

Because they're laid out here and most of the really bad ones are irrefutable

It's a dumpster fire of a project. The only success it has had is it's marketcap and price from speculation.

Same level of price delusion? No I can't name any

youtu.be/JWCQ5YRraOc

Go to 51:48

good hold till after the technological singularity mein neger

twitter.com/ercwl/status/966287250031030273

LOL

youtu.be/JWCQ5YRraOc?t=52m12s

Richard Heart explains IOTA better than everyone

In a nutshell: IOTA transaction has gone from confirmed to unconfirmed couple times, this is extremely troubling new couse it should NOT happen even one fucking time.

Why is that?

When transaction is made, all the nodes should confirm that this actually happened. When 51% of the nodes confirm the transaction, it is then done. With IOTAs case, 51% of the nodes confirm it, and the rest 49% have the ability to overrun this consensus and claim it is unconfirmed.

There is absolutely no way in hell no big company could use IOTA as a way to pay anything when nodes can be manipulated.

Well, considering that the IoT is not even a real thing, we can rapidly conclude that IOTA is actually pure experimental horseshit.

Seriously, the IoT is not even a thing, and it probably never will.

The IoT wont be real in shit tier countries.

IoT will be very real in any first world country.

IOTA and ADA are scamcoins
NEO is not

only the DCI fags have been against IOTA and thats cuz they have their own data market coin

DCI made themselves look like a bunch of losers, it was a complete shitshow m8

Nice strawman. Why would you need a shitcoin for
>machines communicate with each other

Iota was an ICO.

Iota will be at the core of the new industrial revolution called industrie 4.0 . Google it faggots. Unless you want to stay poor.