Creating life

So yeah im thinking about using an aquarium that I have to "create life"

I heard i need amino acids, water, salt and some sort of nutrients (they used glycerin)

But i have a hard time figuring out what kinds of amino acid i should use. does it matter and if yes which?

*And no I'm not an idiot who thinks i will be able to create a complex new species, high likely will it only be a colony of bacteria and nothing more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QKanXRERgoY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>high likely will it only be a colony of bacteria

You need comets.

you're gonna have to have a sterile enviornment, oh and also arsenic cyanide ammonia electricity you know shit that can kill you

You'll have rotten shit and nothing more. So yeah, you'll have bacterias, but the ones that smell like crap

So look up the primordial experiments people have been running. I would suggest looking into stacking hydrocarbons and the living clay hypothesis. Kinda neat thing that classifies clay as being on the border of organic and inorganic things. You will need to sterilize the shit out of everything you work with and seal it all up so that nothing can get in and ruin any work you do. Hmm, probably also gonna need milliQ water to clean everything to make sure excess ions don't fuck up your experiment.

Also this will be very dangerous because most all experiments to try to create life require the equivalent of a pressure bomb hooked up to a car battery.

good lord, what is in the pic

Abiogenesis is still a mystery.

looks like "art" made from a trip to the butcher shop. you know, a perfectly normal thing for mentally stable people to do.

>primordial experiments
Thank you i looked it up and looks kinda plausible.

I might try that or at least look more into that.

godspeed user whether you succeed or fail miserably by dying in the process it'll be pretty fucking rad in the name of science and discovery

If i do die then at least it was for science.

righteous

>high likely will it only be a colony of bacteria

look at this motherfucker

let the man do science for fucks sake, let him figure it out on his own, shit for all you know this motherfucker right here could solve one of lifes greatest mysteries

Even though that might not be true. really thank you.

let's be real OP isn't going to produce anything beyond a clump of bacteria. you need everything to be incredibly sterile or bacteria will just have a field day

But then he'll come post his "abiogenesis" on Veeky Forums!

Pfft I will cure cancer

If you want to simulate the conditions at the time, your aquarium should be anaerobic and rich in sulfur-containing molecules.

Just some College Football fun, LSU fans roasting a pig dressed like Alabama's elephant

How is life created without procreation?
A-Are you God senpai?

Kill yourself degenerate.

>maybe this guy who writes like a highschooler will solve cancer you guyze!
>you just gotta believe!
don't you have some liberal arts lecture to attend to?

I don't understand why I'm a degenerate...

>likely it will only be a colony of bacteria
bait

Just fuck off goddamnit

this.

If you REALLY want to do some shit you can look up some craig venter papers. He technically made "artificial life" but it was basically bacteria.

It would be much more interesting to get a colony of zebra fish and selectively breed them for something.

Get the fuck off of my board, peasant.

Fucking kill yourself already.

This isn't science, idiot, it's equivalent to playing with dirt.

Op's new lifeform.

triggered

Also take your pedophile cartoons to Go do something useful and fucking kill yourselves, pedophiles.

>But i have a hard time figuring out what kinds of amino acid i should use. does it matter and if yes which?

DNA and RNA can be imagined as amino acid manufacturing plants, in the sense that their eventual end products are all either amino acids or pieces of them.

Life generally uses 16-23 amino acids. These in and of themselves don't do anything, but can react to each other and environmental molecules to form the diverse array of proteins that compose a multicellular organism.

Bioprinting is what you're looking for, if you want to make life. Once you build the entire organism, it could self-perpetuate.

Do you have a spacetime distortion field that can speed things up to where a thousand years pass in a second as well?

OP,in the sake of time:
Acording to abiogenesis and inorganic evolution, live emerged when simple molecules arose. I'd suggest to make an inventory on wich molecules where imported from space and wich were created here.
For imported ones i suggest sintetizing them.
For localy ensambled i recomend run studies on common origins (normal origin or some hidrocarbon chain was an iron mineral IIRC)
So, main idea would be to provide in a sealed flask all the compounds previously listed in adition to sea water, all in a proper proportion and provide minerals as reaction surfaces to produce new compounds.
Once all is in the flask, boil the shit out of it. If previous research points to thermal degradation of compounds find a work around. Electricity is not mandatory, but usefull (some molecules, aminos IIRC, where produced through electricity).

As boiling is done (5 mins at max for normal bacteria, dunno how much to make it absolutely steril) you start your experiment.

Is that helpfull?

seriously, has anyone actually done this ever? I'm pretty sure it would be front-page news if someone ever replicated abiogenesis

Bacteria were millions of years in the making, and you don't have the equipment to completely sterilise your growing environment.

Also this. I don't think a garage rig is going to be the first to do this.

youtube.com/watch?v=QKanXRERgoY

Did you just watch this?