youtube.com/watch?v=WTzF2mgBRLk
youtube.com/watch?v=rt-q2ysGaZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No it isn't.

>inb4 yes it is.
No it isn't.

Why do we have seasons then?

you bring up a good question:

why does the arctic have seasons while Antarctica does not? If the earth is tilted one way then Antarctica should have seasons when the sun hits the other side.

Antarctica does have seasons

LMAO!!!
typical argumentation

I personally enjoy the nice antarctic summers

To each their own.

Candidates for research at poles undergo a highly selective process, partly because of isolation and partly because of the 6 month cycles of light/dark

Antarctica does not have seasons. its always cold and is almost devoid of life, completely opposite of the artic which there is abundant life and observable seasons.

also
The thing is, the Sun is claimed to have a diameter of 109 Earths. So no matter its distance from Earth, it should have a rather enormous cross section of parallel radiation reaching Earth. Yet the rays aren't like that, but very much analogous to a lamp bulb above the surface.

youtube.com/watch?v=ckxLruRc0xA

>penguins don't count as life

The sun can't be a lightbulb, because it's mostly hydrogen, not tungsten

>Earth is flat
MODS!!!!!

Earth isn't flat because a flat earth would experience enough aether drag at its surface for Morley to have detected it with his tiny interferometer

>highly selective process
yeah, thats not fishy at all

>whant does analogous mean? please help me I'm retarded

This video proves the earth is round.
rake offs like that wouldn't be possible on a flat earth

youtu.be/XEpXh3vqdxI?t=253

Why hide a Flat Earth for millenia?

For what purpose is a round Earth superior to a flat Earth?

The Moon is a cube. What do you have to say to that?

Two principals
1. Matter seeks the lowest energy state
2. Sphericle, astral objects allow for the lowest gravitational interraction possible

>gravity

Get a ship, move at a steady speed,and time howl long it takes you to circle Antarctica. The distance around it on a flat earth is ever 30,000 miles, on a round earth, it's far less than one third of that.

kill yourself my main man

Antarctica does have seasons. So... idk how we should continue to discuss anything else with you when your whole argument is settled on a untrue, studied and proven factual thing. Just Fuck off and stop waisting peoples time with your ignorance.

we would have no atmosphere if the earth were flat

Are you often in antarctica?

As soon as i saw the first point I knew the person behind the video is retarded. The earth doesn't rotate on a vertical axis relative to us or the sun. It's tilted meaning they wouldn't share characteristics.

>employment is selective
fishy
>high tier universities are selective
also fishy
>I'm selective about what boxers I allow my junk to rest in all day
Fishy as a muthafucker

>antartica doesn't have seasons
>that's why it spends six months in complete darkness and six months in sunlight

The Coriolis effect. Not the stupid shit you see when you flush the toilet, but the actual force that causes cyclones. You'll notice that cyclones cannot cross the equator because the Coriolis force would be negligible, leading to the dissipation of the cyclone.

Ah, so you are chilling in antarctica the whole year. Doesnt sound like a lie at all

It is. It is also non-euclidean.

Lol nice fallacy. When did I say I even spent time there? But it's sorta noticeable that an entire continent spends half the fucking year darker than your basement, friend.

If you can't go there yourself, it's useless to doubt people who have been there. Take a flight over the pacific if you think the earth has an edge. You can do it yourself for the low cost of international travel. It's not out of your reach unless you're an unemployed loser who does nothing but shitpost about the earth being flat.

why?

If the earth if flat, how can it balance on the giant space turtle supporting it when people jump up and down.
Chinese: 1
Flatearthers: 0

Is your entire counter-argument "nuh-uh, you were'nt there!"? What kind of Ken Hamm-ish style is that?

Why do the mods go after FE-treads so quickly? Nor that I mind it, but these treads are hardly any less shitty than half the other treads on this board.

so whenever you cant explain your reasoning you just get angry and start to shitpost? cool

Hey guys there are pink elephants in antarctica. trust me, somebody else told me so

They belong on a pseudoscience board, like /x/, not Veeky Forums.

Its not like I dont believe in planes you lying shill

Jesus fucking christ

>earth is flat because reasons
>antartica doesn't have seasons because reasons
>other people have definitely not been to either of the poles because reasons
>These faggots don't even explain their reasoning

>earth is round because reasons
>antartica has seasons because reasons
>other people have definitely been to either of the poles because reasons
>These faggots don't even explain their reasoning

I have never seen a detailed map of what a flat earther believes the world to look like ever. I'm rather curious to see what the alternative supposedly looks like.

What just realised that you just swallowed everything your high scholl teacher told you without even once questioning it?

It looks exactly like the maps you already know

I guess they think it is something like this

When the sun is further away from the North Pole, it's winter in the northern hemiplain (or hemisphere) and summer in the south

Fucking lmao, the sun is not a flashlight, are they this retarded?! We can also see the moon and sun in the sky at the same time!

It has exactly the same amount of credible argumants and proofs as

How come I could take a 4 hour flight from russia to alaska then?

that explaination is stupid and you're stupid. I said detailed map not vague insinuation.

Earth is round, evidence given by gravity and me not flying off the earth every time i fart.

Antartica has seasons because of earth's tilted rotation.

People have definitely been there because capitalism and tourism.

your turn

what do you mean, how come?

>lol u dumb
very mature response, mate

>I have nothing to contribute to anonsquestion so I'll be vague and insult him when he calls me out on it

k

>Antartica has seasons because of earth's tilted rotation
thats pretty much circular logic

There is also nothing to stop antarctica from having seasons on FE

the earth is a donut and you faggots can't prove it isn't.

>inb4 science and reasoning
retaliation; flying spaghetti monster and facebook said the earths a donut

I didnt insult you. I pretty much quoted you how you pointlessly insulted me. Learn how greentext works.

And yeah I dont get it, I already said the maps are the same

It's not circular logic. It's how Antarctica would work in the spheroid earth theory.

Well there is plenty stopping it. On a disc earth Antarctica encompasses the entire earth which means different parts of it would be experiencing different seasons as other parts. On a flat earth its the same deal, half would be in summer whilst the other half would be in winter (utter darkness). define the system of earth you mean by flat earth and I'd be happy to discuss further

Well it's rather simple user. Earth is very large and the commercial planes we fly on can only fly so far and so fast. IF the earth were flat everyday flights that everyday people take would be impossible. See the image I posted. A four hour flight from alaska to russia would be impossible because instead of flying 300ish miles they'd have to fly about 9000 miles. That equals to about 2000miles per hour or 37 miles per minute. This would mean a very fast acceleration and probably large amounts of sickness and or death

The flat earth is a non-euclidean space. This is why globes work despite the Earth being flat and why the globe may be a suitable projection of the flat earth in three dimensional euclidean space. You can't take pictures drawn in the sand and extrapolate them to make sense on larger scales. This is how you end up with the silly notion that the Earth is a globe - by over-extending your induction to allow for geometries written on flat surfaces to reference the entire planet.

Unless the disc/flat earth is tilted that means nothing. This is also a proof for a spheroid so try again.

every sphere is not an euclidean space. also try again.

Is this the counter to the sphere-world "theory"? Just ignore gravity?

try again

>Unless the disc/flat earth is tilted that means nothing
wrong

Is this the counter to the flat-world theory? Just assume gravity?

>every sphere is not an euclidean space
It is like you didnt even read my post

Why is the Earth flat while all other planets and celestial objects are round?

Because the earth is special

He probably didn't understand it. Geometry confuses brainlets. The geometry behind that more or less works but a flat earth doesn't work with the current model of physics we have.

The rotation of the sun around a flat earth explains the light but it would have to have a real funky course to provide light to both the northern and Southern Hemisphere and be further away from one than the other.

Relativity does apply to earth because humans

youtube.com/watch?v=_Ih_Qq-WBYY

youtube.com/watch?v=WTzF2mgBRLk

youtube.com/watch?v=rt-q2ysGaZQ

*Doesn't. Fucking phone.

YouTube videos aren't a credible source for anything user

lmao Yeah guy, we're all just assuming gravity is a thing.

never said that

Your post is also not credible source for anything user

see, how pointless such a comment is?

Well, of course things fall down, if thats what confuses you

Except for the Moon and the Sun?

Not him, but no, lad. No, they don't fall down. Don't worry

Do you see it as ironic that you're using circular (aka annoying) logic to fake like you believe the earth is flat?

You seem angry friend. Let me explain my post. I said YouTube wasn't credible. Because anyone can create a YouTube video just like anyone can edit a Wikipedia page. They aren't credible because even those with no knowledge on the subject can post a video regarding said subject.

My posts are not credible, you seem to be getting the idea of the terminology. Congratulations.

You didnt need to say "YouTube videos are credible sources for arguments" for me to say they aren't. That isn't how conversations work.

How does that work? If everything falls down. Why don't the Moon and the Sun fall down? What makes them rotate around the disk?

how is it circular? And yeah you are assuming gravity (as you understand it) is a thing

But it did in zelda! That must mean there is some discrepancy in our understanding of gravity. Validate my fears user!

chill out, autismo. I know how yt videos work. You dont need to sperg out everytime someone posts a link.

Gravity as a concept is observable. How it comes about is up for debate but there is no disputing that somehow mass attracts mass. No assumptions about it.

It's like gravity I think. Austistic videos attract autist replies

as I said, of course things fall down

I don't know why this is so funny

Where'd the geometry brainlet run off to. It's better when both sides of the argument have a retard sperging out.
First post is best port is why

What causes them to fall down if not gravity?

how do you know you're not just circling the island the same way you would circle any other island

Horizons are the points in which our vision drops off and we can see no further. On a clear day a human can easily see to the horizon.

The existance of the horizon implies one of two things. Either the earth stops existing at that point or the earth curves downwards (relative to us). On a flat earth this begs the question why we can see further from higher up. That being said, the first implication is obviously wrong, leaving only that the earth curves downwards. Therefore it can't be flat.

GPS tracking

The earth is constantly accelerating up at a rate of 9.81 meters per second squared. This constant acceleration causes what you think of as gravity. Imagine sitting in a car that never stops speeding up. You will be forever pushed into your seat. The earth works much the same way.

curvature of space and perspective

That doesn't work. It means there's no force pushing us towards earth. If we jumped out of a plane we wouldn't move due to inertia. Since all objects within earths system are also accelerating we'd simply accelerate up with the earth instead of plummeting towards it.

This definition of the system also doesn't take into account things like air friction and the Magnus effect.

Why would space curve within our system. And if space curves so too would light and therefore our vision would still follow along with the curve