Veeky Forums bros plz help

Please help bros.

I struggle to communicate. I'm too blunt and to the point ,everyone views me as an asshole. I struggle in the work environment, I need a job I can do in solitude.

I am decent with computers, I understand math really well, I just chose to go down the "art" path and starve myself into an early depression.

I still love music, the job I am at is even in the music industry. I think I need to shift. I need something tech based that I can do from home and not have to see anyone really to succeed.

I'll do what I need to do socially to get started, but my end goal is to stay home, make money, make music an fuck my girlfriend.

Where do I start? I think I wanna do coding/web dev? Just something that is computer based and AN ACTUAL IN DEMAND JOB. Thinkin' bout hitting some of these online coding courses.

I could use some help on what is optimal to learn. I hear that python is lit. What bout that C++ shit? Haha, as you can see, I dont kno which does what, but I believe I have the brain for it, just need some direction.

I am also researching and reading on the internet, I just wanna get your guys opinion. Some of you are really smart and slay the computer/coding game shit.

Thanks bros...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v_hU0jPtLto&index=1&list=PL16WqdAj66SCOdL6XIFbke-XQg2GW_Avg
amazon.com/Clean-Code-Handbook-Software-Craftsmanship/)
codecademy.com/
freecodecamp.org/
khanacademy.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump for interest

Plenty of online resources to teach yourself how to code
To get basics down, start messing around with Java and C++, from there you should be able to get a grasp on other languages and build your knowledge.

i learned to code by having an app in mind that I wanted to make then just kept learning until I could put it together. I recommend something like that instead of just learning to code without knowing what you want to code

right now im making trading bots in java and it's not too complicated. Still learning to code by thinking of something new to make then trial and erroring my way into it

Just make music for video games or commercials. Easy.

I really agree with It's important to know what problem you want to approach before you start programming, documentation is important for working with others as well as laying out your own thoughts.

keep working ure music job, in your free time learn solidity which is used to program smart contracts on eth platform.

Here is a good start, might be a little complicated later on if you have no previous knowledge of OOP

youtube.com/watch?v=v_hU0jPtLto&index=1&list=PL16WqdAj66SCOdL6XIFbke-XQg2GW_Avg

Blockchain dev/deep learning is future of CS

I like this idea for sure, while I think of what app to make is Java and C++ still a good starting place as suggested?

Thank you both.

And you for bumping, I thought i was gonna have another post go down the shitter untouched.

Easier said than done, I tried writing stock music and selling for commercials but then I was making shit jingles instead of music I am passionate about. That just becomes another wage cuck job sooner than later.

I won't lie, video game music slightly cooler, but still want to be able to just write music and maybe play it for people if they wanna hear it.

>and starve myself into an early depression
Nigga there's your problem right there. You should've been a writer

Youtube Tutorials on specific problems you may come across will help. StackOverflow has plenty of code related discussion. CodeAcademy has decent interactive tutorials on lots of languages. Hope that helps

What is OOP?

Awsome I will look these up.

TOP KEK

Object Oriented Programming

Ill start there.

For example Java is an Object Oriented Programming language, you'll learn more what that means as you dive into tutorials and work with it

most programmers will probably tell you to start with c++ to understand how some of the under-the-hood stuff works, but idk i started with java because i knew that's what I would be using.

Basically when learning to code you are going to run into situations where shit just doesn't make sense and you feel like you are not going to be able to do it or understand it, the winners are the ones who can fight through it and figure it out even if it takes days then do it again 1000 times and not get discouraged. Consistency is the key to success my dude

Awww sik. any tips on coding tutorial websites you prefer?

consistency is definitely something I have been working on thanks to my music. "It takes 10,000 hours to become a master... blah blah blah" some shit like that right? ;)

this

here

go to community college, transfer to state school and for a comp sci degree. if you don't have money apply for loans, you'll easily pay them off in 2-4 years

if you're too stupid for that you deserve to die homeless desu

Do you smoke a lot of weed?

>tech based
It's clear you have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously you are a fucking neophyte.

However, you need help and I will give you the path. Do not question it. Just shut the fuck up and do as I say.

1. LEARN PHP
2. LEARN JAVASCRIPT
3. DO FREELANCE GIGS. ANYTHING. You need to build a resume.
4. READ THE LAST CHAPTER OF CLEAN CODE (amazon.com/Clean-Code-Handbook-Software-Craftsmanship/)
5. WATCH 'UNCLE BOB' VIDEOS
6. Get a real world job. In 1-2 years you will learn how the game is and can revert back to a simp who stays home and plays his wifes sons retron 5.

Then just make 8 bit or cool music. Put it on YouTube and Spotify and get money from ads and commission if ppl approach you.

forgot to add. i started on my own, really started making progress with my coding, then started taking community college classes - while i did learn a little bit, the pace and structure of college is terrible for learning coding and I would not recommend it to anyone, ever

CodeAcademy
codecademy.com/

freeCodeCamp
freecodecamp.org/

KhanAcademy (Browse the site and look for computer programming category)
khanacademy.org/

Once you've gotten started you could also try googling programming challenges and search for ones that fit your skill level, break down the problem presented and do your best to research ways to attack it.

>telling somebody to learn PHP in 2018

Don't learn PHP

learn the MEAN stack and SQL

haha thanks man that last bit made me chuckle.

i like you user

already tied up in codeacademy.com learning JavaScript first.

When you learn a foreign language its worth using multiple methods to lock it in, ie. Rosetta Stone and Pimsleur and another.

>inb4 immersion is the absolute best way to learn

Is it also worthwhile to learn JavaScript with a couple diff websites and then C++ with a couple diff?

I learn well with trial by fire.