This is an official request to the MODS: please, ban every thread about pseudoscience, including flat Earth...

This is an official request to the MODS: please, ban every thread about pseudoscience, including flat Earth, travel faster than light, UFOs, creationism and climate change.
It's time to clean up this place.
Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change
iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/11/4/048002
opr.ca.gov/s_listoforganizations.php
m.youtube.com/watch?v=h5i_iDyUTCg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_plain
walrus.wr.usgs.gov/infobank/programs/html/school/moviepage/08.01.03.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>climate change
>pseudoscience
American education, everyone

>ban every thread about pseudoscience
(SARCASM)
Fuck that!... I am looking forward to the discussions about breeding various types of dragons
(SARCASM)

To be fair, he might mean that /pol/acks come into climate change threads to deny it every time we have a climate change thread. OP might not consider it pseudoscience in itself, but he does consider the kind of people that it inevitably attracts as /x/ tier, which is not wrong.

If that's not it, then you're right and OP is retarded.

Also requesting not to ban all UFO threads, at least there are still interesting things to learn from those threads.

Let's roll for agreement (any number = agreed)

Rollin

The climate does change naturally, however, we are speeding up the process. Aside from that, I agree.

I actually like trying to debunk absurd arguments passed as scientific, and NASA lies are best lies.
I agree there are too many threads about them.

This. There is no consensus about climate change, and pretending there is one is part of the propaganda.

>no consensus
Indeed, an there are times when the correct answer actually is "I do not know".

What I do know is that the Nobel prize has been awarded at least *twice* for demonstrating that the established consensus was totally. utterly and completely wrong. On principle I am therefore rather concerned that invoking a majority and a consensus should be permitted in climate research.

Fuck off Exxon

> m-muh pol boogeyman
go away hippie retard. you are the absolute plague of this world

>/pol/ caring about Climate change

Transgender issues, sexual and racial inequality are the only topics that a /pol/ack would be interested in debating.

Most Climate change debates are packed full of trolls

It will never happen OP and you know it. We can barely keep homework threads off Veeky Forums.

if only I was paid...
Maybe I should contact them.

Youre both inadvertently proving him right...

FTL and creationism are fine, the rest can go

regardless, global warming is a weak /x/ meme and has no place in Veeky Forums

>being superstitious
>basing your worldview on hat memes

But this is a containment board for those topics.

>Exxon
I didn't know I could get money from them. Please tell me how. Referring to past scientific blunders is not that hard. So how much should I ask for? As a Veeky Forumsentist I am not used to too much money.

i second this, fully

if it were possible to have an informed debate on climate change here, it would be a worthwhile topic. as things stand, however, all threads concerning it are just trollbait.

this is, btw, true also for the discussion in politics. there seems to be a major emotional connection to the question of "is it our fault or not", when this should not be the question in the first place. there is (arguably, but not very) established consensus that climate change is happening and net human contribution to climate change is > 0 and that the development of the current climate could be harmful to humans living in certain regions, so this creates a problem we have to tackle whether we agree on who's causing it or not. also, the economic opportunities created by clean energy production and such have only lately become a more relevant factor in these debates and i'm curious as to why... this is, to me at least, the most direct and painfully obvious consequence of clean tech: more opportunities to generate profit.

but alas, i went on a rant. sorry.

I bet you can't even triforce, newfag.

Man made climate change is a government scam to take people's money.

Climate change denialism is a scam to preserve oil company profits.

No, it's a way to create grassroots campaigns to sit on corporations to other companies and activists can make money off of irrational fears. Do your research.

Yes. So is Santa Claus denialism.

Congratulations, that was the most retarded thing I've read all day.

This. The UFO threads are alright. The OP of one posted legit sources from NASA and eloquently defended his argument. It was Veeky Forums that was being low IQ by screaming "/x/"! without bothering to put together a coherent counter argument. There was another one about Bob Lazar again no tinfoil claims just asking for evidence that debunks it. Again no-one put together anything solid, it was just the usual "fuck off to /x/!"

I sympathize with the UFO people, because they are lumped in with spiritual woo like demons when UFOs are actually tangible things seen and observed by scientists and scientific equipment we just don't know what they are.

People who are dumb enough to cling to keeping social problems social problems are easy prey for company propaganda that denies climate change.

But yeah, most of them are likely bait.

The thread is wrong about to the rules

show me the %90 of scientists on earth who have hard evidence and confirmed global warming right now.

I'll wait.

Climate change is a relevant topic. The rest of your list: permaban the mf's

>pressured by government to conserve energy and buy more efficient utilities and appliances
>government raises electricity tax rates by 70% because they don't make enough money

Haha fuck you Canada

Creationism is bullshit, but apparently, we live in an intelligently designed hologram, so its not off the table

Wow, look there's a whole wikipedia page dedicated to retards like you
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change
Read up!

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change
Did you miss the part where I asked you the evidence of 90% GLOBAL agreement of scientists based on their evidence retard ?

I'm still waiting.

He asked for a list.
You gave him a link to Wikipedia.

Lack of reading comprehension is what kills these debates.

you retards. Even the pope agrees that global warming is real. What more proof do you need ?

Wow I didn't know that.
Threads over boys.

Look at him and laugh

Show us that 90% of climate scientists disagree with man made climate change. We're waiting

What's that? You can't produce the evidence on demand? Well then by your standards climate denialism was just debunked!

well by your logic, both arguments failed. I guess there's no global warming and all that :^)

Your extraordinary claims of a science conspiracy require extraordinary evidence, so please convince us master faggot.

Mods should permaban /pol/esmokers, not just from Veeky Forums but from the site as a whole.

the inexistance of any evidence of your side is not a conspiracy, it's just your incompetence :^)

iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/11/4/048002

Go away, retard.

It gets posted time after time but you fags just choose to ignore it. It gets tiresome after a while. Show me the science conspiracy.

yeah, same goes for UFOs u kno. I can't believe how peopel can ignore the piles of evidence lying around.
really makes you think

AHAHAHAHAHA
Your evidence is just a single paper saying "yeah there is a consensus" without citing a single one of them ? Did you even read this thing you retard ?

Oh god this """evidence""" was worse than I expected. But please, I'll be waiting for all the names or just the organizations who officially stated that they support the man-made global warming idea based on evidence, and not your pathetic scam of a """research""" that bullshits with zero verification.

This, erm, performance is kinda, uh, impressive. In a weird kind of way.
So tell us all please, what is your background in Veeky Forumsence?

>without citing a single one of them
It cites 14 surveys of climate scientists, Meteorologists, geophysicists, etc

Are you stupid?

>I'll be waiting for all the names or just the organizations who officially stated that they support the man-made global warming idea based on evidence
Here you fampai

opr.ca.gov/s_listoforganizations.php

I shitpost about global warming meme and call people denialists when they don't believe my wild unproven claims, then I change to subject to their personal lives so they can't talk about how I have no evidence :^)

They also need to stop banning race IQ threads

> 197 organizations
> As opposed to thousands
now I know you're trolling

Go to if you want to circle jerk

Sorry they don't teach racial IQ in polisci classes

Who said thousands?

You asked for a list of organizations that support the theory of anthropogenic climate change.

I provided it to you. Now you are moving the goalposts.

Why does the dog bite the stone?

HelIo reddit! Afraid of the truth are we?

They don't teach it in biology or any other hard science classes that I know of, either.

Are you retarded ? First you said %90 of global scientists agree to AGW. Then you posted a list of 197 organizations who agree, as opposed to thousands of organizations who don't.
How dumb are you exactly ?

I'm sorry that they didn't teach racial differences or genetics in your bioloy lectures. They did in ours and the in the rest of the world.

Maybe you need to go back and get highschool education first.

I'm not the same person who said "90% of global scientists agree to AGW."

You do know that this is an anonymous imageboard and that not everyone who replies to you is the same person, correct?

You asked for a list of organizations that support the theory of climate change based on scientific evidence in , and I provided it to you. Now you are moving the goalposts.

>thousands of organizations who don't.
Show me these thousands of scientific organizations that have explicitly stated they disagree with AGW

>They did in ours and the in the rest of the world.
/pol/ infographics are not an undergraduate degree, lel

Global warming is the worst /x/ meme ever. It's not even funny.

Read the papers retard. They look at research papers published for or against climate change and compute which proportion of authors is in support.

In other words, 97% of scientists who are publishing research on anthropogenic climate change are in support of it.

> 97% of scientific journals on UFOs believe in aliens.

then you'd have to add IQ and consciousness threads to the black list as well.

Look mate, I wholeheartedly agree with you, those threads are dumb as fuck (perhaps dumber, but the English language permits me from describing that epitome). However, Veeky Forums thrives for one reason. Free speech.
You are asking to take away the rights to free speech of said individuals. You are a majority oppressing a minority, and not even in an SJW pov way, this is just straight up worse than what us whites did to the blacks during the fifties. Don't take away the free speech of others. If you buy into that, you can fuck off right back to FaceBook and Tumblr.

Also ban gorilla posters

Agreed friend. I'd also like to add to the petition if I may: Ban any topic pertaining to Cryptozoology. Whether it be threads about chupacabra, big foot, nessy, or the Chinese.

Flat earth has proof

m.youtube.com/watch?v=h5i_iDyUTCg

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_plain

walrus.wr.usgs.gov/infobank/programs/html/school/moviepage/08.01.03.html

The same heat engine that produces earthquakes is the driving force raising the world's great mountain ranges.
If this uplift did not take place, the relentless force of erosion would reduce the Earth's landscape to a single flat plane.

Nice roleplaying.

Fucking hell this board is going downhill fast.

You realize we have photos of earth from space right?

>pseudoscience
>UFOs
pick one
protip: people see UFOs all the time, they're very real

Just like how people see Jesus all the time

no, people BELIEVE in jesus. They don't SEE him.
Also, jesus was an alien.