Sometimes in movies, you see this "sterilization chamber" where a guy walks in, gets sprayed by something...

Sometimes in movies, you see this "sterilization chamber" where a guy walks in, gets sprayed by something, and walks out apparently without contaminants anymore.

I don't know very much about biology and such, but is this real? If so, what is actually being sprayed on the individual? Is it steam? Rubbing alcohol? Some sort of cleaning solution?

Pic related. It's a scene from "MouseHunt", the quickest reference I could pull.

yes, but in reality they are multi stage events.

they wash off your protective gear. Then you strip that off.

then you get washed again and you strip your clothing.

then you wash again and put on clean clothes.

Urine is antiseptic

>yes, but in reality they are multi stage events.
this screams bsl4 at me

no it's not.
It's sterile.

and if your radioactive contaminated shower cold and warm
would you shower warm first your pores would open an suck up the dust

isnt tab water antiseptic? because it contains chlorine

So what happens if, through some incredibly improbable sequence of events, Johny Fucknut somehow ends up wandering into a biosafety level 4 lab completely naked.

How would you decontaminate such a person? would you just spray chemicals directly onto their skin? and would it harm them?

Urine isnt sterile either nigger.

you seal him into a suit. decon the the outside of the suit.

take him to an isolation room. strip him, bathe him, destroy the suit he was in, then keep him quarantined until he is deemed safe.

>How would you decontaminate such a person?
kill them and burn the corpse, they're already fucked

Jesus Christ where do you live that they put chlorine in your tap water?
I mean if there is chlorine in the water it would probably kill a lot of stuff but it also tastes disgusting, doesnt it? Like getting water in your mouth at the pool.

>Jesus Christ where do you live that they put chlorine in your tap water?
underage

> yfw the chlorine smell at the pool is amines created from reactions with pee in the pool

This is why I'm not swimming until I can afford a house with my own pool. A fancy once. Those standing pools are garbage, I grew up with one and never want to bother half-assing it.

How come pool water tastes like Galway tap water where they, to everyones annoyance there, put chlorine in it, but not urine?
Of course its the chlorine that makes it taste disgusting and I am very happy to live in a part of the world where the ground water quality is high enough to just drink it like it is.

The chlorine concentration in pool water is much higher than in chlorinated drinking water. Dunno what the fuck tap water you're talking about but my chlorinated tap water doesn't taste like pool water. Regardless, good ground water is cool.

What? In my city, tapwater is filtered and then sterilized via ultraviolet light.

UV sterilization is typically only used as endpoint protection because it has no persistent antimicrobial activity. Your water is almost certainly chemically treated.

Depends on the level and type of contamination. Anything gross normally gets done in disposable clothing (paper overall, plastic 'boil in bag' suit etc) and then its several layers of clothing which are derobed as you get further away from the source of contamination.The shower at the end is more because you sweat a lot and stink after wearing various layers of non breathable clothing

Any RPE worn is the very last thing to be removed

That's more or less how we do it in the nucleon industry

My vet told me that dog spit is antiseptic and my pee is too so I should feed my dog some pee every night and he loves it so fart