I was at dinner with the family earlier and my mom went off on a tangent about how the government was poisoning us with...

I was at dinner with the family earlier and my mom went off on a tangent about how the government was poisoning us with chemicals. She said we are sicker than ever before and processed food is giving babies allergies because the parents ate the food. She said this knowing that I'm in med school and everything she said drives me crazy. I bit my tongue because I'm an adult and I don't get in arguments in restaurants. Is there some way to get rid of the propaganda she's swallowed or should I just stick her in a nursing home before she gets worse?

Pic related: we had sushi

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=裏巻き寿司
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_in_fish#Most-contaminated_fish_species
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shes right though

Gmo
Vaccine
Chemtrails
Flint michigan
Bp

I could cherry pick for days

only flint and bp are remotely true and they are due to corruption and incompetence not an intentional plot

ask her why the very sushi she ate just now shouldn't have had chemicals in it too?

You don't win the argument this way but you can enjoy your silence for the rest of your meal.

>Is there some way to get rid of the propaganda she's swallowed or should I just stick her in a nursing home before she gets worse?
All discussions only teach her arguments she could turn against you.

The object of her delusions has to de-legitimize itself.

does your med school even put you through a nutrition class?

When people use the word "chemicals" as a pejorative I immediately disregard all their opinions.

Nahh. People like that are immune to logic. They form all their opinions emotionally, so there's not much you can do.

My mom is the same way.

Objectively it's true - things like HFCS, Phytoestrogens & Xenoestrogens, Gluten, etc. are poisons. Half of all adults are compromised in terms of insulin resistance. People are looking fatter and weirder every single year. The government does nothing.

>I'm in med school
That's probably why you have no problem with people getting sicker and sicker all the time. Most doctors hate good nutrition. It is the weirdest thing.

For instance you can improve your 5 year survival rates from all sorts of cancer by large percentages through simple nutritional changes. This is not controversial, but oncologists don't want to hear it. It diminishes their prestige or something.

>implying there are no harmful chemicals
how about WE disregard YOUR opinion cheeseface

Geology student here. I've personally sampled water in my local area (here in the US) and it would scare you shitless.

Everyone loves to believe in supervillains, it makes the world seem simple

your mom is a paranoid schizophrenic

yeah this user has it right

Don't know what hospital you work it, but that's not remotely true anymore. In any high level facility, the treatment of oncological patients includes a multidisciplinary team including dietitians. Lifestyle medicine is extremely important today.

Go on... Should i stop drinking tap water and if so what is the best water to drink?

how is hfcs a poison

>I'm in med school, I'm an enlightened adult that knows everything is fine unlike my crazy mom
>meanwhile tap water in half the country is contaminated with lead
>>>/reddit/

she's right listen to your mom she has the wisdom of experience you don't have
also being a medical student doesn't make you qualified about anything much really
check your ego

I don't know why you thought Veeky Forums was a good place for unbiased, non-conspiracy opinions.

No this is sushi

I have no idea what the crap you posted is

He posted Maki sushi and you posted Nigiri sushi.

>elitist sushi eater doesn't know the different types of sushi
I hate sushi and I'm not as stupid as you.

you sound like you want to dickfuck your mum OP, wtf is wrong with you sicko

No true sushi restaurant will sell "California rolls".

How about you stop bullshitting? I have no idea what anime or your local sushi restaurant sells you, but I lived in Japan for 2 years and had plenty of 巻き寿司, even in sushi restaurants (though obviously Nigiri is more common in most regions).

巻き寿司 =/= california rolls

I have never seen OP pic travesties in years of living in Japan.

lmgtfy.com/?q=裏巻き寿司

Avocado is not native to Japan

It is fusion cuisine

I have no idea what you want, I have never been to California/USA or understand what avocado has to do with anything. I'm only showing you that 裏巻き exists and is even common in Japan.

>I'm in med school
Is it a US MD school?

Otherwise it means nothing

Your mother is an ignorant woman.

She's right though. The government is too limp wristed to regulate the medical industry.
>or should I just stick her in a nursing home before she gets worse?
Are you autistic? Your mom is concerned you'll be hurting people for commission as a doctor, and you want to sack her for it? Dude....

Is there any evidence that preservatives are bad?

Not OP
I can speak on behalf of US Med education though
There is no formal nutrition course in most curricula, however the principles are intertwined in the subject matter in regards to what nutritional component is lacking in certain diseases, and what nutritional components are needed the most in certain conditions
Also......
People that are cachexic and are far below the recommended caloric recommendations are prescribed high calorie, high fructose corn syrup laden, whey protein drinks that are meal replacements.... Essentially 400-700 calories in 300cc of liquid

Being tangential here but no doctor is going to talk to any patient about nutrition, unless you directly ask. Otherwise, expect and order for dietitians to consult and talk to you

ay yo i'm tryna get into an MD school this year
just dropped 1.5k on primaries to 37 schools

>Gluten
Retard detected

>Women are the same way
ftfy

>No true scotsman

The government doesn't need to control the consumption of food for mouth breathers. That's a lifestyle choice. Government isn't responsible for personal choices.

That's just shitposting

I remember when I was a stupid asshole sitting in my tower of ignorance.

Your opinions are of the same quality as your knowledge on the topic in which you comment.

>She said we are sicker than ever before

Doesn't she know that average life spans used to be way shorter?

>tfw neither county I've lived in is highlighted

Well, I dunno about government poisoning us, but they are failing at regulating pollution which can be poisoning us.

One fear with fish and sushi is mercury levels accumulating in the meat.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_in_fish#Most-contaminated_fish_species

And we had TB and flu epidemics and other epidemics that had bodies piled in the streets