MemeDrive

Where were you when the Memedrive stopped being a meme?

>The second generation engines will be capable of producing a specific thrust of 30kN/kW. Thus for 1 kilowatt (typical of the power in a microwave oven) a static thrust of 3 tonnes can be obtained, which is enough to support a large car. This is clearly adequate for terrestrial transport applications.

Other urls found in this thread:

emdrive.com/faq.html
youtu.be/4hTdSg47h3k
forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=39772.0
emdrive.wiki/Main_Page
hackaday.io/project/5596-em-drive
gizmag.com/cannae-reactionless-drive-space-propulsion/33210/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Article or gtfo.

You need the stamp of academia? Stay mad, it's so disruptive it won't get one until it flies satellites

emdrive.com/faq.html

youtu.be/4hTdSg47h3k

Wikipedia says 1 mN/W

1 N/kW, can lift a sandwich.

A bit better than a party balloon, that's all.

see >The second generation engines will be capable of producing a specific thrust of 30kN/kW
>second generation engines

"honey, I can go all night long"
(falls asleep after 2 minutes)

Meme me to the moon

Smells like angry reactionaries in here : /

Funny, for a "reactionless" drive thread :^)

Flying cars and flying memes

I'm serious I want to ride a spacecraft powered by the end rive so I can say I've been memed to the moon

It might very well be possible in 10-20 years, user

What a time to be alive, the technological progress has no brakes on his train!

Weewooweewoo!
Meme me to the left!
Meme me to the right!
Meme me on the radio I'll meme it up all night

If the em drive works the way the paper suggests, it would be the first known detector of ether.

What else could we do with it?

>The thought of the meme drive working absolutely ass devastates Veeky Forums

>Talk of the meme drive is forbidden on physicsforums

All of you will look pretty fucking hilarious when I'm taking a train to Mars. The world needs more people like Elon. People who challenge the known and investigate the unknown.

Tesla....Elon men just too good for our time.

Musk didn't even make the fucking meme drive.

A Tesla just killed a man

Elon said there would be risks. That's one of the cool things about him. His goal is to selflessly improve humanity, but at the same time he's honest.

>His goal is to selflessly
I'm all for his efforts, but he sure makes a lot of money for someone so selfless.

Another month of the meme drive doing literally nothing at all.

Groupthink is one hell of a drug

All joking about Elon-sama aside, the amount people emotionally invest in hoping the meme driver never works is scary.

The amount of bullshit memedrive threads speculating without any evidence is frustrating enough to sway someone towards hatred. I don't give a shit, but I can see why some no longer entertain these threads. I fully expect breakthroughs in physics, but I'm not going to worship one possible realization prematurely.

>hoping

Look, everyone's hoping, no one would be happier that me, but... evidence, I need actual results.

Where did you hear the 30kN/kW figure?

file emdrive.com/faq.html
last modified: 2012-12-20 17:47:25 CET
*yawn*

>mfw the EM drive works and Veeky Forums gets BTFO

It's gonna happen, lads

Source or GTFO.

This. I want to belive.

>mfw my delusion works
Keep dreaming, m'lad-

won't happen faggot you're stuck on earth with us

TESLAAAAA....i just killed a man

put a truck against his head

turned on autopilot, now he's dead

TESLAAAA.... Harry Potter had just begun

But now I've gone and thrown it all away

TESLAAAA....ooohhhh

Didn't mean to drop your shares

If I'm not dead again this time tomorrow,

Carry on, carry on as if nothing really mattress.

Take my upvotes and go back to
>>/reddit/

you are free to write something of better quality on subject

there is something about how the em drive looks, like I have been in the far future and seen it in history books as the most important human discovery

So can someone explain to me why this hasn't been tested in microgravity yet?

Do people just think it's clearly fake and so nobody is willing to pony up the cash to run the experiment? Or is there another reason?

Kinda skeptical about things which violate the laws of physics

The general understanding of the so called laws of physics is incomplete.

forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=39772.0
emdrive.wiki/Main_Page
hackaday.io/project/5596-em-drive

ISS is a pork project
so that means everyone is lined up to have their pork done years in advance

Quote is found on
gizmag.com/cannae-reactionless-drive-space-propulsion/33210/
emdrive.com/faq.html
Though it looks like it may be Shawyer's optimistic predictions, rather than any sort of experimental data. And the second site says the thrust efficiency rapidly drops if used to accelerate along the thrust vector, with the implication that it's only really useful for hovering in a gravity well.

So... It may be a viable way to suspend a city in the sky using only electricity? (Inefficient I know but awesome!)

I found the article thanks.

The problem I found with the theoretical paper is that it suggests a single magnetron will prouduce two resonant waves somehow.

That's not how resonant cavities work, and there's no further justification for it in the paper

If this really works, why hasn't DARPA bought it?

Hello, Reddit!

i really hope the em drive works because if it does then magic is real

>using the meme drive for propulsion.

why? thats literally the most retarded thing to use it for. Since even the current drives creates more that 100 000 times the energy used to power them they are essentially free energy devices. scale it up and we could replace fossil fuels.

cont: The limit for propulsion is 3.33mN/kW. The only reason something like an ion drive can exceed this is because they dont count the energy of the atoms going into the drive when calculating the N/W, but counting all the energy going into the drive gives you a maximum of 3.33mN/kW by conservation of energy.

shit, im an idiot, missed a factor of 1000. its 3.33nN/W, thats 3.33 NANO newton per what

>August 2, 2014

What what what

I know right? Good on the Chinese for finally disproving it. I'm glad the memedrive ride is finally over.

Why is it impossible?