drmcdougall.com/misc/2013nl/feb/pritikinpdf3.pdf
who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>No scientific basis.
No

>bad fats: red meat
into the goes it trash

Optimal in regards to what?

Health wise, all that matters is water, kcals, essential fats, essential amino acids, and certain vitamins and minerals.

Where the above is derived from is not important.

>le vegetables are healthy xD
I want this meme to die.

Fat the good fat.
But it's right, red meat is at least 50% saturated fat.

kek
Keep eating skeleton.

He thinks smoking is unhealthy. Opinion immediately discarded.

>carbs are healthy
no wonder so many americans are fat

they are healthy.

He thinks cyanide is unhealthy. Opinion immediately discarded.

If you are physically inactive, as most Americans are, wheat is basically poison, so no.

The FDA food pyramid is based solely on economic politics, not on science.

Granted, there's so much of said politics in science on top of hippies who believe everything natural is good, that no one really knows much of anything about nutrition these days.

I mean, there are people who really believe tomatoes are vegetables, despite said declaration basically being the result of a tax scam, and nutrition plans are made accordingly. We're kinda fucked.

*tips tinfoil hat*

If you were a bunsen burner, this would be true.

Unfortunately, when you're breaking down chemicals in a dozen different ways in a dozen different stages throughout your system, causing all sorts of chemical alterations the whole way through, it gets a whole lot more complicated than that.

Not that you can't "live" on slabs of meat and the occasional multivitamin, but it's far from "optimal".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nix_v._Hedden

If they are so healthy, then why didn't we evolve to enjoy their taste?

Med-style is still the best:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthy_diet#United_States_Department_of_Agriculture

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_Reference_Intake

>department of agriculture
Dropped

handcrafted by lobbies
must be amazing(ly expensive)

Fruits shouldn't be at the bottom, they are basically sugar

We did. They do taste good fresh. Not memeing here I used to work at a kitchen, prepping super fresh produce. Problem is stuff like lettuce gets bitter very quickly, and in most stores, stuff stays up a while, and that's exactly what happens (in the US at least).

basically sugar, yeah, but they have so many important nutritional shit like vitamins its justifiable. Certainly better than empty carbs like pasta or processed sugar like oreos and twinkies

Lettuce has no nutritional value. All the tasty produce is full of starch or sugar, or is useless in terms of calories.

Try biting eggplant

>8 glasses of water a day meme
>Wheat/pasta good
>Nuts bad
Appropriate filename.

>vegan

Top shill

8 glasses aren't nearly enough
Gotta renew dat semen

Yeah! We totally evolved to like Snickers Bars, Häagen-Dazs, and crack cocaine, because they were growing on the trees outside our caves!

lmao dinosaurs used to rule the earth. now we're boiling their kids to eat for breakfast xD

It's a contrast of flavours. Why do we enjoy fat?

Your argument is not valid.

A lot of tastes are acquired. That's part of the reason we are generally grossed out by foods in foreign cultures. They aren't grossed out because they have been smelling and ingesting the foods all of their lives and their body has deemed that this smell and taste is associated with something that is safe and/or beneficial to eat.

That's a fucking stupid counterargument. It starts simply incorrect and then suggests that fat is universally bad, which it is not.

because fat is calory rich and associated to quality food (in nature anyway)

This is pretty accurate
>That's a fucking stupid counterargument. It starts simply incorrect and then suggests that fat is universally bad, which it is not.
You started making a question with the same tier argument.

Fuck off.

lead (ii) acetate must be very healthy

30 - 50% carbs
25 - 35% protein
25 - 35% fat

Besides that just make sure you get your recommended daily intake of vitamins and minerals. You can't really overdose on those unless you take vitamin pills.

>good carbs
Eat fibre rich carb sources over low-fibre vegetables/grains.

>good proteins
Protein wise look for food sources with "complete protein", eggs are good for that, but you will find lists online.

>good fats
You shouldn't really have problems with this if you eat normally. Try to eat nuts often.

Calculate your calorie intake here:
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

If you follow this then you are healthier than 99% of the population.

Ancel Keys, that you?

Fiber and vitamins

Fruit, even the sweet tasting fruits like berries, are mostly water and fiber by weight.

and? They still contain a lot of sugar.

Food pyramids are fine.

The real problem is that Americans eat way too much food and do way too little exercise, so now you have a bunch of fad diet crazies trying to make a buck with a miracle diet that will keep you looking like a supermodel and let you live to the age of 100 without having to put down the fork or pick up a dumbbell.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19369382

Compare a single serving of sweet fruits like grapes of lychees to something like a candy bar or can of cola.

sure, compare it to the worst thing you could think of.

Compare a serving of grapefruit to something you could substitute it with.

Say 2 carrots.

sugar in 1/2 grapefruit: 9g
sugar in 2 carrots: 3g
sugar in 1 banana: 14g

BTW the daily recommended intake of sugar for males is 37g.
Eat 2 grapefruits and you're already there. 3 bananas and you're above.

Fruits are not cans of cola, but they're worse in that people actually think they're healthy.

>literally no mention of meat

hmmm

>corn
>rice
>bread
>pasta
>eat generously

>Fruits
>eat liberally
rofl

that pyramid is basically reverted.

t. agriculture minister shill

That pyramid is flawed.

You are suppose to eat mainly meat, fish, fruits and nuts, as varied as possible, everything else is just supplementary.

Have any actual data to back up those claims or are you just making shit up?

>sure, compare it to the worst thing you could think of.

What was I supposed to compare it to? A rasher of bacon? A fried egg? A Frappuccino?

>BTW the daily recommended intake of sugar for males is 37g.

>Eat 2 grapefruits and you're already there. 3 bananas and you're above.

>Fruits are not cans of cola, but they're worse in that people actually think they're healthy.

Do you not understand the concept of empty calories?

>"""empty""" calories
enjoy your diabetes, american

why are milk products more important than protein

>nutrition science

Why should grains be at the bottom?

i think this is a meme invented by the government, grain is the backbone of civilization so of course they'll tell us to eat it, but really there is no reason to eat more grain than anything else if anything you should eat it the least cause it's a relatively new addition to our diet

lobbying

>quotation marks at "Good fats"
>no quotation marks at "Bad fats"
propaganda detected

Jesus Christ that graph is disgusting

Throw away dairy, fruit, simple carbs (white bread/rice sugar.) They are garbage foods.

Heres a triangle:

cooking oil
eggs/fish/paultry
lenntils (legumes) + Veggies
Brown Rice/ Whole grains + a bit of fruit

PS: fuck peanut butter.

Milk is the highest quality protein available.

Rural Indians, Chinese (rice), Africans (cassava and yam), New Guineans (sweet potatoes), and Native Americans (corn) eating nothing but carbs are fat?

drmcdougall.com/misc/2013nl/feb/pritikinpdf3.pdf

>dairy
>garbage
Lol enjoy being 5'4 and wiry you stupid fuck

>The real problem is that Americans eat way too much food and do way too little exercise

I don't like excercising

>all carbs are the same
>whole grains, fruits, legumes and vegetables aren't healthy or slimming

this is what ketards actually believe

Lactose turns to sugar. So no.

Then avoid wheat and stop drinking that concentrated sugar, you purple haired bitch.

How do you go from sugar to calories? Do you not understand glycemia, glycogen and ketones?

All nutrition is a meme.

Whether you're a fat fuck or skinny as a stick is mostly determined by genetics.

"whole grains"

I had a terrible diet where I are mostly sugar or nothing at all as a kid through my teenage years. I got bad brain fog, fatigue issues, memory problems, learning problems -- I am wondering how much of my previous capability is recoverable?

This actually matters a lot to me so if any nice smartie would like to reply would mean a lot, thank you.

There is nothing wrong with lactose.

who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/

>The WHO guideline does not refer to the sugars in fresh fruits and vegetables, and sugars naturally present in milk, because there is no reported evidence of adverse effects of consuming these sugars.

And sugar has fuck all to do with protein quality. Are you mentally disabled?

>no reported evidence of adverse effects of consuming these sugars.
...and the problem isn't even the sugars themselves, but the fact that the adult body quickly converts most of that lactose into simple carbs.

Similar to how potato chips read fairly moderate carbs, but thinly fried starch converts instantly to simple sugars on contact with saliva, converting the actual sugar count to a magnitude of what the nutrition label reads.

Milk's not as bad that way, if you're physically active, but if you're the typical neckbeard it should be avoided like the plague. (Besides, most Americans already get so much protein that it fucks their kidneys.)

I'm having the exact same problems.

No one seems to know anything about it: Intelligence is genetic and the sole effect of bad diet is to make you fat.

There's tons of studies on the effects of bad childhood nutrition affecting IQ... and another ton of the effects of various food on cognition in adults, both short and long term.

Brain's pretty elastic, but the tricky bit is going to be getting off that diet now that your body is geared to crave those things.

I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.

no u

Is non-whole grain pasta/rice that bad?
Like 5 or 6 days the week I only eat that lol, but im not vegetarian or something.

Saturated fat isnt necessarily bad, you know. Your antiquated nutritional science is showing

I'm sure we can all agree that THIS is the optimal food pyramid.

My favorite natty bodybuilder told me that this is the ideal food pyramid.

This man is correct.

If you adhere to those ratios and eat 500 kcal more or less than your TDEE (google it) you will respectively lose or gain weight.

Calorie counting is the only way to lose weight. Forget shakes and feelgood programs.

What the fuck are 'empty' calories supposed to mean? Calories that don't provide micronutrients?
So you mean all carbs (and sugars by extension), proteins and fats that don't provide micros are wasted and you shouldn't eat them?

>said no remotely successful athlete ever

Which is why when you look at pictures of people in internment camps, there's always that one fat fuck that just didn't lose any weight due to genetics...

>doing better than most of you
>hasn't brushed teeth in a couple of years

lmao get real senpai ur breath smell like shit

Holy shit this so much. As someone who went from 300 lbs in HS to just over 175 now (i seemed to have lost all that weight but not gained any muscle... probably from the following:)
All I did was cut motherfucking shitty foods, and count calories. It's all about energy in, energy out, bitches. I lost 125 lbs in a little over 16 months without lifting a single weight but my own fat ass.

>It's all about energy in, energy out
and yet you only control for energy in
we all have very different "energy out" functions.

Personally I eat like the following:
Meat or protein in every meal because it makes me feel fuller, tastes good, and builds muscle.
Vegetables with every meal as well and as much as possible. Low calorie and lots of nutrients.
Bread/carbs I only eat with breakfast to have steady energy. Cut out any non complex carbs.
Nuts and fruits as snacks.
This with moderate lifting 4x a week keeps me fit and happy.
Also chicken + rice + broccoli/carrots/peppers is god teir