>I wonder why they move like that

Mathematicians
>look at these bunch of rules
>????????????

What about a mathematical physicist?

Astronomy is gay and a meme.

t. biophysicist

is that a guy?

At my uni there are 24 physics/astrophysics majors at my level (incoming junior this fall).

Approx 17 are astro (the track is shorter and frankly easier).

Of those 17, 3 are gay as AIDS. (not just by my gaydar detector they are full out of the closet and one is married to a dude.

Thus ~20% of astrofags are gay.

Proof is in the pudding.

>colorful hair

WARNING SIGN

No, it's amber heard

I was so close to changing from Physics to something else at my school.

Everyone in the major is "le blackholes amirite" and "duuuuuudeeeeee quantum hahahahaha!"

>Confirmed gay guys in my class.
>Gaydar for finding prey.
>Proof is in the pudding.
I bet love them 'finding' proof in your 'pudding', user.

shit dude are you me? I fucking hate them to be honest. I don't believe anything until it is proven to me and their black hole shit is so fucking lame. The last part of my modern physics class last semester was cosmic shit and early universe and of course they were all 'experts'.

It is all bullshit. Cosmic inflation my ass. Just admit we don't know.

500 years ago every single one of them would have been jumping up and down proclaiming the earth to be flat.

Astrofag detected

Keep looking at the stars user. Pretend like that shit you preach won't be proven false every ten years.

Isn't physics already mathematical?

>OP thinks physicists look at planets all day

lmao you're like 13

No, you missed the point completely, holy shit.

Kill yourself dude

Morganfreemanhesrightyouknow.jpg

All the ones at my school be about Elon Musk, and working for space x and blue origin.

It doesn't matter.

Astro is definitely becoming one of the more inclusive fields in the sciences. Lots of sjw types making their way in too.

Mathematicians
>proceeds to make 300k
>cums in your wife by 3pm

>my modern physics class last semester
If you want to be taken seriously, don't give away the fact that you're not even into the difficult part of your major yet.
>500 years ago every single one of them would have been jumping up and down proclaiming the earth to be flat
You have a very poor knowledge of history.

17/24 are Astro? That's sad. I bet most of them joined because they "like space and stuff." That's how my undergrad was. Luckily my class generated something more useful than a bunch of astronomers. Computational biophysics, condensed matter experiment/computation, plasma experiement, high energy, etc. People who start as astro seem to have a higher rate of dropping out than those who don't.

>dude why don't we take tools and techniques in physics that are useful and intuitive
>and generalize the concepts around it to such an abstract extent that physicists or anyone else would never get a chance to use our results concretely
>mfw
t. grad student in TQFT

Is this seriously how you view more pure style maths? That makes me sad. I'm a grad student studying integrable systems, and doing my thesis on sympletic geometry and how it related to integrable hamiltonian systems. It's mindblowing how all this heavy duty maths machinery allows people to succinctly solve really complicated systems or at least generate a sort of algorithm that can.

>I wonder what consequences they have
>I wonder if they can deduced from a smaller set of rules
>I wonder if there are other rules that are equivalent to these rules

This

>these bunch of rules
... they didn't just drop out of the sky
fgt pls, they were developed (or else
observed) from principles, Lrn2math

>physicists
>proving something
Pick one.

>make 300k
>STARTING

Please, go on.

What questions came into the mathematician's head in the first place to find those rules?
>Nice rules, I wonder if........
????

math first formed a body of working shit an only then was it formalized

You've raised an interesting point. How quickly does the based mathematician's salary increase?

300k bonus every year.

By the 3rd year you're making almost a million a year ANY JOB YOU WANT

you just made my day

Name one physical model that can actually make experimental predictions that must use geometric quantization.

Mathematics is not a "bunch of rules",
it is a way of thinking.

Funny you say that, at my university there was some controversy about some people in the astrophysics department using women quotas, despite the fact that it was against the law.

Youre a walking talking Dunning-Kruger

not more than 10^20$ because that number doesn't exist

I don't see what's wrong here