Having kids is a deprecating asset

Prove me wrong, cucks.
Enjoy spending the majority of your time and money on something that won't give it back to you.
My parents expect me to have kids when I'm 30 (I'm 21) and I haven't even started living my own life yet. Fuck that shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_X0mgOOSpLU
youtube.com/watch?v=UxPkwOWEMCk
nber.org/papers/w21409
faculty.econ.ucdavis.edu/faculty/gclark/The Son Also Rises/Sweden 2014.pdf
equitablegrowth.org/working-papers/the-decline-in-lifetime-earnings-mobility-in-the-u-s-evidence-from-survey-linked-administrative-data/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're still a child. What the fuck do you know

There are certainly costs and benefits. But one thing you have to consider is that when you get old and weak and senile, do you want to be completely alone?

>deprecating
learn 2 english lol

exactly, why the fuck do i want to get kids at 30 then?
i wont be considering kids until im like 45.

tell me 3 benefits of having kids

Ask your parents what the benefits of having you was. I hope they can list three things.

The book for raising non-faggot cucks. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
by carol dweck

it's the best defense against children who will end up like your OP pic. Also great advice to live life in general. Having a "growth mindset" versus a "fixed mindset"

youtube.com/watch?v=_X0mgOOSpLU

they can't and i doubt your parents can

well I am 22 and a crypto millionaire and ready to share all my wealth with my parents
Can't really call me a depreciating asset

>giving money to someone that will never give it back to you
Cucked Anons: The Post

lol
fuck off
i got values and I am virtuous

Why accumulating ressources if it's not to augment the chances of transmitting your genes? You can't be utilitarian with your assets and not yourself.

>tfw have a mental disorder so not going to transmit my genes and get to keep all my gains for myself

I agree with the OP. Niggers shouldn't have children.

Gosh, I really wonder how do people turn out like this?
Where will you get purpose from life? Honestly, you mindset is a complete mess and you're (as most are) not even aware of that. I just hope you realize it soon enough before you catch yourself at 50 thinking how much of a waste your whole life was.

No kids, enjoy dying alone and empty

It’s called being raised by a single mother or a weak father.

>unconditional love
>lifetime of memories
>personal growth and shift in life perspective

Having kids is a remarkable investment in yourself

Yup. It's amazing how fucked up it is to be raised in that environment.
I think most people in this situation can't be saved unless they realized it themselves.

You're probably right user.

In regards to your personal situation, I wouldnt sweat it. Adolescence has been greatly extended over the last 70 years. This has been a societal change across the board, so don't feel guilty because you've done nothing with your life and your great great grampa started working in a mine when he was 15, married and house by 19 and kids by 25.

Into hypotheticals: Not sure what your crypto portfolio is, but you can assume you'll be comfortable by 2020. /madeit/ by 2025 at the very latest unless you picked total shitcoins. That'd make you 28 - So you get 12 months to party and shag around, 1 year to do something meaningful and find the one, and you're 30, and I doubt your parents would be disappointed at that stage.

(Also sorry for reddit spacing but "living on your own" is a meme that is a poor life choice for most of our generation until you get like 25-30.

If you have Boomer parents like I did, it's even worse. They have such unrealistic expectation for their kids it's retarded. I'm 25 and I'm finally able to get a job that pays a good salary (70k) and health insurance, etc. I know that's really impressive compared to most millennials but to my mom she acts like it's shit. Also, back when I got this shitty $12 job at this accounting place the first words out of her mouth were "what health insurance do they give you?". And my mom wonders why my brother and I don't want to get a place with her. Smh

Ew, Jesus Christ man, sorry for you.

That's pretty ignorant to say considering you were born as a child.

>25
>thinks his parents are boomers

Emotional wealth is unmesurable.

If they’re the right age, why not?

They are. Was born in 92' but parents didn't have me until they were almost 40.

Having kids is the only asset that ensures your genes pass on, the only major impact that the average person will have on the world. Few create their impact by being put down in history books.

I am in my 30's and have my first kid on the way. When I was 21 I had the whole world ahead of me. I thought I'd do amazing things. I did do some cool shit, but eventually life fizzled the fuck out, and to be totally frank I am looking forward to having a kid and having a legitimate purpose in my life. I'm never going to send a rocket to space (and what the fuck difference would it make if I did?). I'm never going to be on the big screen (and how would I be any different than any other instantly forgettable film star if I was?). I'm never going to accomplish anything of meaning, because everything is fucking meaningless. So, I might as well dedicate my life to raising another human being. It's as good as anything else. At least I actually have something tangible in front of me vs. all of the bullshit I thought existed but really didn't when I was 21.

>submitted 2 years ago
>Switch has been out for only one year

>21
>Haven't started living my own life yet
You should never, ever reproduce

You're a faggot so couldn't have any kids anyways.

>This is my husbands room

You are right user, having kids is an overall loss, especially nowadays where the standard of living has never been higher and the potential of anti-aging serums is right around the corner. Also the longer you put it off, the more you'll be able to genetically modify and perfect your child so that they may have the best life possible.

I would still rather save and invest all that money that would have gone into kids in order to afford said serum and do things like be financially independent and travel the world or take a trip to fucking Mars.

Kids used to directly provide for the family either by working in the fields or working in a factory. Nowadays you spends hundreds of thousands and 20+ years of your life just for them to move out and never pay you back except on the gamble they become rich and MAYBE share some of that with you.

elaborate

>the potential of anti-aging serums is right around the corner.
any breakthroughs lately? crispr seemed interesting but haven't researched this shit in half a year

Who cares, as long as they're happy.
You're the one crying about how other people are living their lives while they have smiles on their faces.
I hope you never have kids

don't have kids until late 30s. enjoy your youth. it was fun as hell being a bachelor in my late 20s and banging a bunch of younger women

>buy a place when you are 18 and end up becoming so far in debt it's hard to dig yourself out of it
>not paying cheap rent to your parents until you're 25 so that you can save enough to buy a place with a good nest egg on the side

You can still live with your parents and have a life as well. Those two aren't mutually exclusive. I'm sorry you feel like you need to be hundreds of thousands in debt or living paycheck to paycheck just to feel "purpose" in your life.

Listen up, pussy.

Where would the human race be if we all thought like you did? Even more importantly, do you think your laziness is a better investment than your genetic legacy?

Kids are a better investment than anything you can do, and a hell of a lot better than dicking around, playing video games, consuming everything and not giving back to society, and whatever most young people do today.

When your life is near its end, do you wanna look back on how you fucked around and "lived your youth" or how you created a solid family to continue in your name?

I agree, OP. Just by having a cat and a dog I realized that having to take care of another life sucks for some people. If you like it, go ahead, but don't act like it's for everyone.

Also, people tell me no one will take care of me when I'm old but look around and you'll find plenty of lonely old people who had kids once. Those kids have lives of their own now and couldn't care less about their parents. Big fucking surprise

>i wont be considering kids until im like 45.
Do you want to have autistic/down syndrome kids? Go ahead then.

This only applies to the mother though

Betas should not breed.

>needing kids to give your life meaning
>not spending your extra time learning and inventing new things to give back to humanity
>not creating a new business and generating more wealth for mankind

How does it feel to be a worthless human being who needs to rely on someone else to retroactively validate your existence?

>to continue in your name

That's just a purely narcissistic reason to have kids. How would you feel if they decided to change their name when they become an adult?

I'm sorry you are a worthless human being who feels a need to drag more unconsenting minds into this world just so that you can feel good about yourself.

Your prioritization of hedonistic self-satisfaction and inability to see recognize intrinsic value beyond monetary indicates that you'd probably be a lousy parent, ergo I'm urging you not to have children unless you significantly mature your mindset.

Having a child requires personal sacrifice, and if you're not willing to do what it takes to be a good caregiver you're just going to mess up a kid that you should never have brought into the world.

>ergo

Way to dodge my argument fag

Kids are your legacy. You can raise them the best way possible and teach them all the knowledge that you had to get through years of research and experience. That's why jews rule the world. They have big and well connected families with a lot of experience in financial stuff.

Of course a normie like you couldn't understand that.

You get to mold and shape little growing people into functional, awesome adults.

You get a support network for your senior years.

You get a life purpose that transcends your own lifetime.

>dedicating 20 years of your life

Lol raising a kid is only that much effort if you're terrible at it. Kids are intense effort for a couple of years then merely a hobby from that point onwards.

Assuming you have a functional family unit, home, and don't get unlucky and get a broken one.

>"who cares as long as their happy"
This mentality destroyed Western society.

The hardst part of raising a kid seems to be the first 5 years. Once they're able to piss and shit on their own I'd imagine it's about 90% easier.

You're the deprecating asset.

>realize kids are a hole in the ground
>realize most people have kids to fix their broken life, hoping kids will "make everything right/worth it" (and they don't)
>realize the world is a broken place, and things are just getting worse and worse, with nothing but worry bringing kids into the world
>have parent with chronic illness, making having kids a bad idea due to genes
>be gay on top of it, as if biology itself is telling me not to
>still want kids
This all seems pointless if everything ends with me

Shitposting this hard about your insecurities.

Enjoy growing old with no one to love or be loved by.

I sincerely hope the autism in this thread isn't contagious.

Guy in OP's pic has 3+ kids, lives in the country with his wife, and is a Christian. I wish someone would give me his name again, because I forgot. He's far from being a soyboy.

Also, nobody cares if your bloodline dies, OP. It was meant to anyway.

/this

you are brainwashed

youtube.com/watch?v=UxPkwOWEMCk

It's an old idea, not nearly autistic

>having failures is a deprecating asset.
Ftfy

They arent depreciating. or necessarily going to pay themselves off.

You control your kids for most of their early lives.
These are assets you have complete control over to mold and shape.
You can either ensure that these kids when grown will help you or
you can ensure that they will resent you and never speak to you

Its up to you how they are raised. but if they were raised by you, you would almost certainly raise them to resent you. since you sound like a massive faggot. :^)

Is this how we can lower the birthrate in shithole countries? Tell pajeet his kids will steal his bags

>Claiming autism didn't exist before Veeky Forums

Whoever wrote this song is an autistic cuck. You can lead your girl as best you can but ultimately your children become their own person and make their own decisions. If you raise her right then she'll pick a good man. Sure she'll still get fucked (I would hope, I would want grandkids.) But as long as the dude treats her right then no one is getting cucked and everyone wins, otherwise, I have no problem going to prison again.

Kids aren't an asset, they are an expense. If they were an asset, rich people would be having more than a handful. Instead it's all the poor assholes who don't know about birth control shitting them out.

I don't have to worry about them at any rate because I'm fuck ugly and a wizard +3. Sometimes I think it'd be kind of neat, though.

Delusional provider instincts detected.

Ya, it's not like a poor person has ever gotten rich because their kid becomes successful.

Seriously, when did Veeky Forums become more than 50% retarded faggots.

delegate menial tasks to your kids

it's like having little employees you don't even have to pay

Anyway, there's a reason having a girl is less desirable in most cultures and it's been that way for millennia. No one wants to raise another man's wife. What a waste of time and resources

It certainly wouldn't be because the world used to be a lot more violent and women and no rights because they were the physically inferior gender. It's hard to get rights when you aren't taken seriously because you can be beaten within an inch of your life if you say the wrong thing.

This is 2018 and if it isn't blatantly obvious that is no longer the case for the civilized part of the world. Women can, and do everything a man can do as far as success is concerned. This is kind of going into a completely different topic so I'm going to leave it there.

In ether case, I couldn't care less if I raise a male or female. I just want a happy, healthy and successful child. These days women typically have more advantages then men do. The scales have tipped too far into the other direction which I personally think needs to be changed.

TLDR; Your point is moot.

>Ya, it's not like a poor person has ever gotten rich because their kid becomes successful.

It's also not like a poor person has become even more destitute because they're too stupid to stop having children.

One of these scenarios is more likely than the other.

>gambling on the miniscule chance that your kid will rocket up the social ladder and won't just go up a single rung or stay on your rung

It sounds like you're the retard who doesn't understand statistics. Relying on the less than 1% chance that your kid becomes that successfully is retarded. I bet you buy lottery tickets too.

The challenges change as they age. When they're young the challenge is having to fulfill so many needs that they can't fulfill themselves (eating, sleeping, walking, etc). As they age and become more self-sufficient those responsibilities fade, but they're replaced with new challenges, like "how do I mold this tiny human into a person who will be a functioning, prosperous, well-adjusted adult?" That's an infinitely more complex challenge, and the older your children get the less influence you have on their development and growth. That being said, if you've laid the groundwork early enough (teaching them right from wrong, being a good example, guiding their relationships with potentially negative influences, etc) that second part gets progressively easier over time.

>Having kids is a deprecating asset.
Right, because rather than maturing, growing stronger, more intelligent, and eventually being able to earn their own income and look after you kids somehow become more incapable and more expensive from birth until they die 80 odd years later?

OP is a retard narcissist trying to justify the utter worthlessness of his life.

It's more narcissistic to expect your children to take care of you when you are older.

>It's also not like a poor person has become even more destitute because they're too stupid to stop having children.
>One of these scenarios is more likely than the other.

JR. you are way too young to be having any opinion on the matter. If you paid taxes you would know the amount of money you can write off and get back for having more dependents makes it so those poor people are doing pretty well for themselves. I've literally never heard of a poor person become worse off for having a child when no other variables change. The opposite in fact.

>using anecdotes to validate your point
>not actual data

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen most of the time.

You also don't understand taxes because the writeoff for dependants is still much less than the cost of those dependants. I bet you also donate in order to write it off too despite that still being a net loss. If anything, poor people become better off with more children because they are leeches and get a larger welfare check.

>Refuting because no data was posted
>also posts no data

Wow, the faggotry is fucking real. Run alone to another thread JR. You have no idea what you are talking about.

>Solid Snake: Life isn't just about passing on your genes. We can leave behind much more than just DNA. Through speech, music, literature and movies... what we've seen, heard, felt... anger, joy and sorrow... these are the things I will pass on. That's what I live for. We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our messy and sad history by its light. We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with.

user, I can't tell if you're trying to troll me or what.

A quick look at a tax table will give you all the information you need to know. I believe the most credit you can claim per dependent is 35% of their care costs with a cap at $3k for a single child or $6k for two or more.

This isn't really coming out ahead - and this is not including the additional costs incurred for food, healthcare, transportation, and so on and so on.

I don't give a fuck about my genes living on. How would that benefit me?

>Implying that by passing on form you won't also pass on thought inherently by parenting.

Kid's literally parrot what you do. Thus passing on your form and your thoughts.

Faggot of the highest order.

Instincts by definition are not delusion, you fucking stupid idiot.

You're trying to tell me people actually write down the truth?

Holy shit, you're retarded.

>you were a child once

Well you're browsing Veeky Forums so everyone on this board can cross off the first point.

Depends on how you raise em. Some can be quite the asset and worth the investment, others will drag you down and are pieces of shit. It's kind of like a piece of land, you can steer that land in a variety ways to specific uses like farming or store opening, but if you do nothing with that land (neglect the child), or don't develop and improve it enough or in the right way (no stressing education and instilling a love in high paying fields), then a return on investment will be shit, nonexistent, or debt inducing.

nber.org/papers/w21409

faculty.econ.ucdavis.edu/faculty/gclark/The Son Also Rises/Sweden 2014.pdf

equitablegrowth.org/working-papers/the-decline-in-lifetime-earnings-mobility-in-the-u-s-evidence-from-survey-linked-administrative-data/

>gimmie facts!
>the facts are fake!

I bet you got cucked by having kids and are just trying to retroactively justify having them.

Agreed. In the old days people didn't live as long and if they did for the most part they still had all of their faculties. Nowadays, people live a lot longer but the majority of them have bad genetics and are propped up by antibiotics, life support and nursing homes. When my grandparents took care of their parents, they never had to wipe their parents asses or change adult diapers or any of that stuff. To expect your child to spend 20-30 years of their life taking care of you is insane. Human beings aren't built for that. Unless you work in healthcare and are getting paid to it, it just won't work.

Oy vey, don't breed so mudslimes can take over your whole nation, culture and heritage in less than 5 decades.

I have a daughter, there is absolutely no investment that is more worthwhile than kids. Once you become a dad, the little pleasures in life you used to care so much about like food, fast cars and vacations all get more dull and gray compared to the deepsetted feeling of your own flesh saying "Daddy, I love you!". It's like 100,000 years of ancestors smile at the continuation of you.

I pity you fucks chasing no more but empty experiences.

>This
Children are a continuation of one's self and one's bloodline

It's more personal than just raising some random human

27 with gf of 2.5 years who is 23. Will probably start blasting kids out soon.

Need to boost white birth rates to secure the existence of our kind in our indigenous lands. Minimum of 3.

I've got 5 children. I'm pretty old for this boards standards. I can tell you they're worth it. Then again it depends on you and your specific personality. My children changed my life and gave me purpose, but for some people it's just not a good look. Unfortunately most often you don't know which person you are until you're holding your flesh and blood in your arms. But if you don't want kids user, then don't have them. It's your life.

Im 27 and they expect me to settle down. I tell them I havent even begun enjoying life. They are normie boomers though and think enjoying life is a job, kids, wife, and television. I need to smash ass globally, party, habe a live in harem, and learn martial arts, surfing, and other stuff before i even think of having a kid.

The only point in life is passing your genes. That's the only thing that unites all your ancestors all the way back 3.5 billion years. Now you're so cuck that you let the lineage die. Cuck

There has to be more to life than creating more life. Otherwise it's ultimately futile. This entire universe will become uninhabitable eventually. We may as well give up if that's the only goal, because we will be defeated eventually

Humans naturally want a goal and purpose in life. Suddenly having a kid forces a very long term goal onto people that honestly isn't that difficult to fulfill; it mostly just takes pure stubbornness of which humans are naturally good at. We are endurance runners; you don't get that endurance without being extremely stubborn about it.

People can easily conflate it as "enjoying life" without realizing there are other ways to enjoy life rather than taking the lazy route and having a kid.