/smg/ - Stock Market General

Bullet Proof Portfolio edition 2.0

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

earningswhispers.com/
proshares.com/funds/ttt.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ZSANs 200 ma at 17 still running atm

Fucking retards
Buy BAC, buy JPM, but C

so, when does NAK start mining?

PUMP IT

i have $400 to throw on a sub penny stock.. anybody got anything interesting?

I bought a bunch of CTRV earlier today. I'm making money, but these highly volatile meme stocks make me nervous. Think I should try to sell it later today or hold for a day or two?

So should I buy AMD or what the fuck?

>still can't buy American ETFs
Will someone please put EUSSR out of its misery.

P O W E R H O U R

Get in on CERC, dropped $300 in today, it's an aggressive stock but it looks good.

>we need the naive and stupid... just don't be the naive and stupid

What did he mean by this?

Man I don't know why AMD would be crying we got a fucking moonshot

Done, but only because you called me a retard

stonks

BGFV guy is a scamming jew just like we all suspected.

Someone post the meme.

What is with you and Boomer stocks? Also post more cute anime girls.

BPMX. Wait for a dip though.

Because the average entry for /rgt-smg/ is about $14/bag

You must be new

>sub penny

stocks

>Another tripfag
Enough

because my trading style is to put a metric ton of money on boomer stocks and sell within a few days
Bank stocks are undervalued and are top performers lately so it is wise to use these now

Oh, so you're looking for some OTC Market trash then.

Seriously though how does a value investor think that the entire stock market is zero-sum game? Only alpha is zero-sum. The reason why there is value to be undervalued to begin with is the return on equity.

Guys, bears are firing shells at our afternoon gains. Getting some moderate volume red bars for the first time since the bog lift.

>Seriously though how does a value investor think that the entire stock market is zero-sum game?
you think im just a value investor? is that all i am to you? huh? I'll have you know i graduated at the top of my class at /smg/ trading school, i'm highly trained in classified memes and pump and dumps. Right now i am shorting all your long positions with 10x leverage.. Your portfolio is fucking dead kiddo

what index do you watch for general market trends? NDX, DJI, SPX?

Who the fuck are you?

>Oh, so you're looking for some OTC Market trash then.
yeah basically

SPX

HODL the line

Oh I see, you're an actual trader.

my captcha is haunted

the ib futures trading phoneposter. I'm working from home today because of a comfy winter storm.

netflix shooting to all time highs again? I told you cucks

He doesn’t bother me much as the faggot who used to shill DRYS last fall.

Yall niggas need to buy more equities before 4pm. I'm still down 12k from the (((Cohn))) debacle. Don't ask me how.

Still bleeding from sunrun.
Lesson learned though, earnings are everything.
if expected earnings are much higher than historical earnings, be wary.

>sunrun
you didnt learn any lessons, you bought a meme, not even a good meme

I sold the fuck out of that trash during the morning pop.

the stock market is rigged, the sooner you learn that the sooner you can start making money.

Don't let the bullies get to you user it takes heart to take risk.

Red day off the previous four consecutive green days today as expected. No major bloodbath though, or not yet anyway. Sold my EMH holding at profit to refill my free cash as I had no cash available since last Thursday. No other trades for today. I will see how tomorrow plays out whether I want to open a new position, hop back in on EMH if it drops, bolster existing long positions etc. N and FFT have just started bullish MACD cross pattern on 1 month and 3 month scales so that will be possible breakout as long as sector in general is behaving within normal range (no crash!). If sector drops 5% or more tomorrow, that breakout could be/will be on hold for a while.

Margins are great, earnings are great, what's not to like?

you should have sold when it popped AH

take any gains you can mane, small gains add up quick

There are apps out there that will tell you when to buy and when to sell. Yet you choose to listen to Veeky Forums.

well it happened after hours i normally don't even look at my robinhood after.

I saw it boom, then it started dumping, I just figured it was going to erase the boom, didn't realize it would keep going.
i bought amrs at $3.30 though

dear Sirs,,
I recomend 2 buy BAZiNGA its good coin lots of use in comedy things i have many bags Sirs pls

Veeky Forums is a band of retarded brothers no bully pls

wrong lesson.

people in /smg/ often say things like "the earnings was great, why did the stock go down?!" not realizing that analysts are doing everything they can to predict the earnings. if analysts could, they'd use satellite images to record the number of trucks that go in and out of a store to predict what earnings is going to be like. what moves stocks is the diffrence between earnings and the analysis expectation of earnings. if analysts are expecting shit earnings and earnings are shit, the stock wont move even after a bad earnings call. if analysts are expecting really good earnings and earnings are good, the stock might not move. if analytics are expecting good earnings and earnings are good but less good that analysts expected, the stock might fall. the expected value of earnings is already priced in. only differences between expectations and actual results will cause price moves

Yeah they beat on top and bottom line and then the stock gaps down 10% for no reason. Then gaps up back to 7.30 during pre market, and then followed the market back down another 10%. Earnings never make any sense. Sometimes companies completely miss and rip. Sometimes it's the complete opposite. My best guess is the (((Market Makers))). RUN has like 83% institutional ownership.

TOPS

the combined brains of smg is better than any algorithm

do you know when their dead line for r/s or delist is?

There's consensus, actual and whispers consensus. Whispers consensus is what people speculating actually think will happen which is why they are speculating on the report. This also causes sometimes counterintuitive variance.

You forgot to post a brapper...

If that were true everyone would be rich.

we need the naive and stupid in the market

They don't get it right everytime obviously, but they do a hell of a lot better than the advice from here.

earningswhispers.com/

they could be, but they let their panic get in the way of what the bot says to do

no. we need companies to do well and bring value for the investors. the naive and stupid dont move markets, they post on Veeky Forums

Bots never right 100% of the time.

app name?

Okay everyone, SMG update. We're beating both SPY and BRK.B. In the last week:
SPY: +.06%
Brk.b: -1.77%
/SMG/: +2.4%
The worst traders in the world are collectively beating the market and Warren Buffett. Amazing.
We need the next round of stocks to buy tomorrow morning. First replies get priority. GO GO GO LET AUTISM GUIDE YOU

I use vectorvest, it's free for 2 weeks, but then you have to pay. It's worth it even if you have to pay. Started using it 4 weeks ago and have been doing great since then.

The bots are flawed too, they were made by flawed beings. People always talk about "DA ALGORITHMS" and " THE DARK POOLZ" but for whatever reason they for get that they're ran and created by humans. There always has to be a human to press the button.

>We're beating both SPY and BRK.B
BASED

CERC
Yes, nobody here has said bots are perfect.

I liquidated my $VDC position at a loss so I don't have to pay as many estimated taxes

I use the annualized method

ZSAN bullflags everywhere the gift hat keeps giving

The full update with a spread sheet will be posted to autismincorporated dot org later today

PUMP IT HIGHER

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL

POWER HOUR HOLY GHOST AMEN

NMM

GCAP

the algo will tell you when to cut losses too

high speed trading is what banks do, so they cant be that flawed. It depends on if your personnel adjustments to the algo

proshares.com/funds/ttt.html

ATRS on the morning dip

fucking Based

ALT

VVUS getting ready for a move in either direction, buy volume in Feb suggest to the upside can never be too sure

Anybody playing CARA tomorrow?

You'll be happy to know I'm considering making Big 5 an eternal member of the fund until it hits the mid teens :^)

>***Personal adjustments to the algo***

My point exactly.

also

>BGFV unironically the ringer

now that specs are market neutral theres going to be the mother of all short squeezes as sp500 goes to new highs
everybody, go long on the DOW, SP, whatever, right now, do it NOW

Cool been long $1.3mn SP500 e-minis since noon.

that should be enough

I can bump it up to 2.5 if I'm feeling lucky.

>I'm considering making Big 5 an eternal member of the fund until it hits the mid teens :^)

I unironically made great returns off BGFV but I sold it today because I can't do cash products. I need to be able to trade 23 hours a day because I'm a degenerate.

Do 5 minute forex binary options and you'll be ready to hang yourself in about 2 hours.

fuck yeah almost break even on HYSR. been holding it for 5 years.

if you got in below 2700 just wait until tommrow
idk what power hour will bring today, I predict a boost up

I already short convexity'd myself out of $10k this past 24 hours so I'm pretty tight as it is.

>I unironically made great returns off BGFV
theres no suprise there, its a solid company with a non dilutive share structure.

I know that interface, that's fucking IB, lol

I trade Bitcoin futures there