What would an extraterrestrial vehicle look like ? And what propulsion technology would they be using ?

What would an extraterrestrial vehicle look like ? And what propulsion technology would they be using ?

We build everything out of steel components for stability, heat resistence, endurance, etc. What would they be using for interstellar or simply aerial travel ? Also what would be their fuel ? Seems as if anti-gravity is physically impossible, would nuclear energy be their long lasting power source ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ACQr0IZIb5I
youtu.be/UEEES8BeNCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Their spaceships wouldn't look to different from our own from the outside, unless they came from planets with very different gravity and atmospheres. Because the requirements for successfully launching spacecraft could differ.

Inside, I imagine most ships wouldn't be manned, at least not by biological intelligences. If manned, it would depend on what that specie is like. Maybe they'd rather swim around in an oxygenated, breathable liquid - this is a possibility for us humans too. See this:

youtube.com/watch?v=ACQr0IZIb5I

In space, they probably wouldn't use anything like your pic. Space junk will stick to naked metal like that, because metal objects just sort of merge in vacuum.

so like this

youtu.be/UEEES8BeNCg

Where the hell is the enterprise

Theres no reason to build out of steel in space
Just too heavy, strength unneeded, and rusting can be fatal

I don't think this chart has federation ships

depends on the level of technology you're talking about, they probably had their own New Horizons mission that would look simular to our own.

In terms of realy futuristic ship I really imaging that a giant sphere or cube would be what they look like for maximum efficiency.

They may also have culture that dictated what a ship would look like

I don't know because I'm a terrestrial being. Why don't you go ask some aliens?

Onion drive and mechanisms that contain genetic material, musculature, and microorganisms

lmao

There is no oxygen in space, so no rust

>extraterrestrial vehicle

Here's one.

Internal rusting.

The 4 I saw looked like lights. Exactly like like lights. 4 of them in formation. They vanished behind a hill.

I always liked the ID alien and space ship design

Like this.

I saw a documentary about travelling to Alpha Centauri. The space ship they hypothesised to get there included a huge protective shield at the front, to protect the craft from space debris during the trip. As something the size of a marble could rip apart a spaceship going at those speeds.

Perhaps they'd have a large defensive front end, such as an array of lasers to move / evaporate any piece of dust or rock from in front of the ship.

I dunno. We can only speculate.
Maybe some advanced species have mastered manipulation of space-time and bend it around their ship(thus avoiding space debris as well.)
Maybe some have figured out how to perform actions in dimensions; which reflect in the dimensions we currently understand.
In a way that we perceive/understand to be motion.

Too hard to answer. What if the extraterrestrial life is not based on carbon, like us? Also, do they really need a spaceship? What if they already surpassed the physical existence of our three dimensions?

Four wheels and a seat?

They're silver and saucer-shaped, everyone knows this.

I read an interesting story once where Humans were fighting with an Alien race that used ships that had liquid ammonia running along the walls.

Oh yea. I get that sometimes.

Oh is there a decent rip of the movie out?

Ah indeed

Ed Wood