Could anyone explain to me why the fuck it looks like there's white dots around Jupiter?

Could anyone explain to me why the fuck it looks like there's white dots around Jupiter?

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/full_width_feature/public/thumbnails/image/pia20701.jpg?itok=MKS15NBR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Moons

wtf are you doing in this board if you cant indentify a fuckin moon? THE NAMES ARE EVEN WRITTEN

My niggas, I mean the white dots near Jupiter not the moons.

And don't tell me it's the horrible quality that creates those white dots near Jupiter.

I'll have whatever you are smoking OP

Why wouldn't it be the quality?

Wait, are those tiny white dots near Jupiter supposed to be the moons on the left, but zoomed in? Could the image and presentation be any more shittier? Doesn't it look like something out of pre-school?

Probably left over debris from when asteroids go into Jewpiters gravity well and get shredded by it's tidal forces, just my hypothesis tho

Doesn't Jupiter have a ring system or something like that?

very likely the horrible quality creates those white dots near Jupiter. they cant be stars since there are dots also in the dark part of the planet

yeah it has rings but they dont cover jupiter top to bottom

lol that's kinda what I was thinking, but it would have been cooler if Jupiter was surrounded by more white dots like in space.

Find a picture that isn't an ultra-compressed jpg showing these and we'll talk.

I have a hard time believing that those specks are anything other than compression software artifacts. It's a very high-contrast photo.

Here, directly from Juno's Image Gallery.

>nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/full_width_feature/public/thumbnails/image/pia20701.jpg?itok=MKS15NBR

>that isn't an ultra-compressed jpg
That's a fucking thumbnail, user. It says so in the url.

I found this HIGH QUALITY picture. Isn't space supposed to be full of white dots? Why is it only black?

Because the low brightness of the distant stars in that absolutely fucking microscopic segment of the sky are drowned out completely by the brightness of the light reflected back by the planet from our sun.

Ok thanks at least now I know why there's no white dots on that one. What a disappointment, it would be cooler if Jupiter was surrounded by white dots.

Am I gonna have to be the first one to say the "A" word?

jpeg artifacts. this is what it looks like when you use the fill tool in MSPaint on a corner of that image

Ayy lmao

That's interesting, thanks for clearing it up a bit.

Ok, what's the "a" word?

Seriously, what am I missing?

Anyone? Am I the only one not speaking in code? Are you all chuckling at my inability to decipher which word that begins with "a" you're referring to?

Aliunz

Thank you.

Ha! That was a lot of fuss for something that turned out to be a slightly witty comment.

I'm used to /b/, but I'm tired of looking at dicks and bad photos of ex girlfriends.

Well, if you mean the one at the top left, it's clearly paet of Jupiter. Otherwise, Ii definitely don't see what you're talking about.