Human nature and mathematics

How can I predict human nature (actions, thoughts, feelings, etc.) using mathematics?

I can, for example, calculate their average speed while they're running or even their instantaneous speed. However, I'm struggling to calculate their next move or what decision they've made at a particular instant in space and time.

Equations for their actions:
v=s/t , if human is running.
Equations for their thoughts and emotions at a particular instant in time:
Equations for what decisions they're going to make at a particular instant:
Etc.

Please, contribute.

graphs are used to model all kinds of things.
humans are a really complex to graph though. I doubt you'll make a complete one.

So it's an impossible project that I should not bother pursuing?

I predict with a 99.6% that you have autism

0.4% that you are just a clever shitposter

Can you please tell me how you made that calculation and based on what?

Yes

Dumbass you aren't going to figure out that shit. The best that you might come up with still is gonna be shit compared to what you could do if you instead forget wanting discrete equations and instead use a learning model. Use neural networks and logistic regression to predict.

>Use neural networks and logistic regression to predict.
What are those? And what are the limits of their predictions?

Very much possible in principle, yet very much impractical given our current technology. To REALLY have it down, you'd need to track the activity of every neural, environmental, and social factor. Good luck with that.

Not him but it's pretty obvious that you posted that out of pure autism.

You are worse than Hitler. Kill yourself.

Gentlemen, please. If you have nothing to contribute with then keep your thoughts to yourself.

What if I study psychology? Would psychology help in formulating equations that pertains to human nature?

You just go ahead and measure the position and velocity, acceleration of each atom. Now you can calculate the time evolution of the system with some simple calculus and programming. You're welcome.

I think you should at least understand why it wouldn't be complete before asking whether or not you should pursue it (I say go for it though). but research into graph theory and read about the Turing machine since computers can be very useful to solving your problem.

a lot of things people do are predictable though. we just don't have enough data for most things to draw conclusions from it and put it into an arithmetic form.

for your running example, humans tend to avoid bumping into things (and people) while walking. intuitively more people = more people's natures to predict and even harder to model, but it's actually become more predictable since there are more obstacles and human nature doesn't come as much into play. hope that makes some sense.

you will never stop getting bullied using math. You can only learn from your previous experience how human behave, or from the experience of others. And if you're not clevershitposter, there is indeed a good chance that you have austism, I once knew a genuine autist who told me that he wanted to do exactly what wanna do.

And there is a problem with the graph stuff,because even if you suceed in fully simulating a human brain, it will only be exact for one brain, not for every human.

That is how it works. Psycology is not a hard science, and that for good reason : Whe do not know enough for it to be hard science.

No. Really. Your way of thinking makes lots of skilled youngsters depressed and stop wanting to contribute and do their best. You are worse than cancer.

We anticipate behavior of others all the time. There likely are, and are being used, methods to manipulate the behaviors of others, as in advertisement or other propaganda for example. There likely is some formulaic principle behind it all, but the values are not only abstract but variable, as level of sentiment placed on given aspects or set of circumstances.

OP your question is normal and I support your curiosity

Topkek

I fail to see how that would work. Not only will measuring those quantities be tedious, but also redundant since the atoms in the human body are always in flux.

>Psycology is not a hard science, and that for good reason : Whe do not know enough for it to be hard science.

What about anthropology?

Human behavior hasn't been found to be stochastic
/thread

What do you mean by stochastic, and how do you determine if something is stochastic or not?

Stochastic meaning it follows trends well enough for reliable prediction. Its like having a sine wave with random noise along its path. You may not know exactly where the wave will be at any given time, but you will have a pretty decent idea.

try making some friends and talking to people you fucking narc

Don't reply to triptrolls who use words they don't understand only to appear pseudo-intellectual.

>Retards on /b/ said free will doesn't exist
>Human nature can be calculated
>This thread comes
>"Durrr human nature is complex"

So what is it, Veeky Forums?

I've talked and observed lots of people, yet I still can't pen down lists of laws and equations that they follow. I can describe some laws that they obey using English, but I cannot translate it into a concise equation that would save lots of time.

first you need to find out every action that is possible in the universe, then make a computer powerful enough go calculate the shit, then be a good enough programmer to make an ai and program that can crunch all the numbers

bam, there you go

Could you be more precise? Can you provide an example?

Newton was able to formulate his laws of motion by observing the movement of celestial bodies, likewise I believe that we can formulate the laws of human nature by observing human nature.

Like can we derive the equations of human nature from prior equations?

its time to admit what people have been afraid to say out loud for a while now: doing a BA is harder than doing a bsc doing a BA is really, really hard. Its much Harder in fact, than studying maths, For starters,we cant copy each others answers like you do in your coursework, and once you learn something uve learnt it – it’s not so easy for us. we have to chug a bottle of wine and weep over Sparknotes very basic summaries before we can even fathom choosing our essay titles, let alone writing out introductions. BS students can just Google their answers or ask matt on the boys Whatsapp what he got for question 1a We get given the choice to write our own essay title too – isit some sort of reverse psychology where our tutors want us to write an essay title to show autonomy or will they take offence if we dont pick one of theirs It’s much harder than finding out what 'x' is when it comes to coursework, ure always going to get higher than ull come back with a smarmy 90% and we can tell you think our hard earned 71% is rubbish, but it’s all relative you may have beaten us by 19% but let’s be honest: it’s not really your own work In BA we have to go and right arguments. We have to actually form ideas out of words, and do so in a coherent and convincing way. If our marker is in a bad mood because his cat’s shit on his first edition of oliver twist we wont know about it, but our grades might be lower. Your marker, on the other hand, cant begrudge you for regurgitating a mathematics equation – two plus two will always equal four Its obvious that bSc students think BA students want to be them. You ask us: “What’s the point to your degree The answer is quite honestly is that you’re intimidated by us. So don’t think we want to be you just because we skim past your inaccuracies which we get bang on point everyday – itsharder to be a BA student because people take humanitis for granted but think that being skilled at science is a gift

See, if I had the equations to predict everyone on Veeky Forums I would've known that this absurdity would happen.

It's no surprise that you find BA to be harder than mathematics. Improve your prose!

>measure the position and velocity
do you even quantum theory?

Would Quantum theory help me solve the problem I'm proposing?

get journal of mathematical psychology or some neuroscience journal from your school journal access.

>implying journal of mathematical psychology exist

yes it does. look it up

This is a hard thing to do op, at least nowadays.
See the Netflix prediction algorithm and how complex it is, and it's only used to predict your next movie...
But anyways, an advice, it's easier to predict the behavior of a large group, than of one individual, you can read the Asimov's foundation for inspiration hehe

Statistics, probability, stochastic calculus, Markov Processes, etc to predict actions, and for feelings and thoughts I guess you could construct a neurological approach with such mathematics, don't try to combine psychology and mathematics, that's retarded, just look up and study the facts.