I'm going to be interviewed by a flight academy in 10 hours, tell me random facts about planes and why they fly

I'm going to be interviewed by a flight academy in 10 hours, tell me random facts about planes and why they fly.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_engine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they have wings and spinny things and nice ladies who make you tea whenever you want

they go really fast

They're basically giant paper airplanes that create their own wind.

They fly due to a difference between the Static Pressure and the Dynamic Pressure, as described by Bernoulli's theorem.

how do turbines work? how can an airplane get enough speed to rise in the air but a car can't? could i fly a vw golf if i gave it wings?

How the fuck did you get an interview ona flight academy?

because im good at physics and math?

are you saying i couldnt fly a golf?

How do wings work?

They're like fish, but in really thin water.

I have the same question. I understand Newtons third, which is how wings work on a very basic level, but when most of the lift is created by the upper part of the wing, what makes the airflow stick to the wing?

Lift, windshear, delta-V, Gravity and Mach, the Doppler effect.

Most of the lift is newtons third. The airfoil design enables the development of better in wing stores, fuel efficiency, and control.
If you were actually good at physics youd know this stuff already. Besides, to fly you need to have the passion otherwise you'll kill yourself flying airways all the time. If you had the passion youd have the knowledge.
Tldr, OP will flunk out

kek use this OP

say "jet fuel can't melt memes", smile and the walk away

>how do turbines work?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_engine
Five types of turbines listed. Also other engines, but you don't need to know about ramjet/scramjet for subsonic civilian flight.

>could i fly a vw golf if i gave it wings?
You'd need continuous thrust after takeoff, as well as stabilizers and control surfaces... Cars are aerodynamically designed to be pushed into the ground specifically so that they DON'T fly. This is especially true for, for example, F1 cars.

This modified Boeing 777 proved to be over 15% more fuel-efficient than the stock version because it only had one source of power.

In 2004, this aircraft crashed shortly after takeoff, killing 180 of the 254 people aboard. The risks of having only one engine on a long-range airliner outweighed the benefits, and Boeing discontinued further study.

>Most of the lift is newtons third.
The rest is created by a resonant cavity thruster.

planes are fast and when they fly faster than sound, there is a big boom, called a sonic boom

seems legit.

Aircraft such as commercial airplanes are open loop stable, whereas military aircraft are open loop unstable. The first aids in comfort, whereas the second aids in maneuverability.
Turbines work by compressing air, injecting fuel, and lighting the exhaust. This is a typical RAMjet, which contrasts with SCRAMjets. The difference is that a RAMjet slows air to subsonic speeds, limiting efficiency and speed of the aircraft. SCRAMjet stands for "Supersonic Combusting RAMjet".
In order to avoid torque, engines counterspin.

>To avoid torque, engines counter spin

All four engines on hercs and orions spin the same way, with no noticeable effect. Although the T56 is mounted upside down on the hercules. (You can tell by the reduction gearbox).