Increasing your IQ:

Is the only way to increase your IQ to do IQ tests?

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/DNB FAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Study formal and informal logic.

Thank you, user.

Stop coming to Veeky Forums

do a lot of IQ tests

What's the standard test that Mensa use?

Increase your working memory.

Also, dual n-back:
gwern.net/DNB FAQ

They use AQ, or autism quotient.

Reading and writing will improve your verbal IQ.

Math and games like chess will help your performance IQ.

Exercise, diet and factors. Mood might be an important factor while taking the tests, though your psychologist is supposed to keep you from performing in a bad mood, so it's kind of a moot point.

>Exercise, diet and factor.
Exercise AND diet ARE factors, damnit.

What's a recommended diet and exercise regime?

Cardio. Think jogging.

Dunno about specific diets, talk to your doctor. Just know that just being overweight can knock down some of your IQ points.

I need to trim up anyway, thank you, anons.

Anything else?

Reading cancerous post on Quora

There is no way to increase your IQ(and thus your intelligence). It is completely genetically determined.

That is rubbish.

Brainlet detected.

Best way: do a few of the better iq tests online. Take note of the types of questions asked and what those questions test. Develop formal methodology for each section. Get perfect score. e.g. "if some zorb are borg, and all borg are cunts, which of the follwing is true?" -> draw mental ven diagrams ->ggez

retards.

IQ is as easy to increase as a biology students exam mark.

Went from 132 to 158 simply by studying a bit

Go low sugar/low caffiene, they will impact on your bodies well being and memory.

But can you go from 70 to 100?

No.

Yes.

No.

Maybe

Maybe

I don't know

No - simply ignoring talks about IQ, tests and "instant methods" to increase you IQ score - boosts your IQ significantly.

Your intelligence should be measured in the amount of work / progress you brought your field.
Otherwise in capitalism the amount of money you have.

Can you repeat the question?

Does we have some study which show results of multiple IQ testings which conducted in one group?
I expect something like

first test
A - 130 QI
B - 110 IQ
C - 90 IQ
D - 70 QI

after 5 tests
A - 140 QI
B - 115 IQ
C - 93 IQ
D - 71 QI

after 15 tests
A - 150 QI
B - 120 IQ
C - 97 IQ
D - 75 QI

You can't just let people retake the test as many times as they want, as long as the tests are based on raven's matrices. You're going to need tests based on something else. Maybe with modern computers it would be possible to create a more randomized IQ test instead of a century year old test.

All around loser here.
I have done a legit IQ test including other differentiated neuro psychological testing under the surveillance and guidance of a PhD psychologist inside a psychiatry.

I am below average in terms of attention (split and continuous).
My memory overall is average. Can only remember 7 digits average verbally, and average of 9 digits backwards when visually shown.
It's somehow strange, that I am above average in the category longterm memory, when I can't remember shit usually.
Anyways, there are many more sub-categories.

The last block is about intelligence and its basis, IQ.

Overall only 113, with SD 15, based on Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale 2006.
Which means pretty much, I am dead set average, and you know more than me, that the average populace is fucking stupid, and serve as sheeple at best and need guidance from people with superior intellect.

>sub categories

>verbal IQ 120

>language comprehension IQ 122
What? I have sucked at language, even in my mother tongue at school when trying to write anything coherent.

>performance IQ 102

>perceptual organization IQ 96

Holy shit, I am, if you count the SD with it, pretty much retarded in these area, which are actually the most important ones.

I am not apt for any technical stuff, let alone academics (have tried to go to university a few times).

>> century year old test

Doing IQ tests certainly increases your IQ, because the only thing IQ shows is how good you are at doinb IQ tests.

If you want to increase your intelligence though just read books. No really. I know autists have the opinion that "Omg Knowledge =/= Intelligence!! I AM smart even though I'm a stupid piece of shit that knows nothing" the truth is intelligence is only your capability to think many possible thoughts. Of course the speed at which you think is also a factor, but mainly intelligence is your capability of looking at a subject in many different ways. And knowledge automatically increases your capability of doing that. And the thing is the more knowledge you have the more various combinations of thoughts you can have and the easier it actually is to save that knowledge (the more your thoughts are interwined with each other the harder it is to forget something)

Educate yourself on many fields and use that to combine and deduce. That's intelligence.
>b-buh you can tell in children already who's smart and who's not

Sure some kids might learn faster than other. But anyone who's watched kids notices that it's not the fast learners who easily lose attention who will turn out to be the top kids but those who are curious about the world and genuinely want to learn.

Can Dota increase my IQ?

Nah, bullshit optimism.

To be at top, you need EVERYTHING.

It's like in any RPG, you are only at top, if you are good at every category.

>muuuh work ethics will overcome natural talent, intelligence

Implying people with born talent don't work hard.

I wouldn't call it "work hard". People who are more intelligent than others usually only have one difference from everyone else: Their natural curiosity. They don't want to be smart to achieve something. They just want to learn things and internalize everything they learn. So to outsiders they just appear "naturally smart" even though their only difference in mental capacity is that one is interested in various things and the other is a lazy piece of shit.

Natural talent will really only show the difference at the very VERY top and many people who would even have that talent don't reach that tol because they believe talent is determined by how good you're something INITIALLY, while it's perfectly possible that the "switch" that makes you go from average to genius might show very late in your progression. I know a lot of people who were shit at certain things but after figuring "it" out they were unrivaled.

Chess is the best example for that I like to use (because it's one of those disciplines that actually give you a numeric value of how good you are) If you started right now you probably would never reach the level of a grandmaster.
However most people who're good at chess started as kids simply because they're interested. And they didn't become good because they were specially talented, they were pretty shit maybe even worse than anyone else their age in the beginning. But at around 1300-1400 Elo you often see them realize something about the game that makes them suddenly jump to 1800-2000 and maybe even further. That progress doesn't just come from hard work, but after just learning about the game more they realized something about the game that completely changed their performance.

I hate IQ threads so much.

If you work hard your "IQ" will increase. I don't know why people worry so much what their "IQ" is. Just do the fucking work.

>make up words and use them wrong sometimes
>know I'm making mistakes and just don't correct them
>chronic treatment-resistant depression and ADD
>suck at sports, everything hurts
>can't study for shit
>always excelled in math and science
>empathic, but lean more towards psychopathy than caring
>mother, grandfather, half-aunt, sister, and I are Mensans
???? fuck you intelligence

My mother's also like six kinds of PTSD, and still passed.

Nootropics if you're desperate

Sorry, but please spare me from so much text, I really can't read, and even when I read it, the words feel hollow and don't reach me, I can't process it.

Regarding Chess, I have played over 3500 chess matches online on lichess, but I haven't improved 1 single inch since I have begun playing. I can't remember any patterns or whatever. Just doing things step by step.

Intelligence is something you cannot increase, atleast not Fluid intelligence, which basically define who you gonna be. It will limit your options.

I don't know even what you are trying to tell me.

Needless to say, I am a stick, physically natural weak.
Low EQ, high AQ doesn't help.
No artisanal talent, very clumsy.

I look up many words on dictionary, I can't get it into my brain.

Nootropics atleast for me is wasted money.

I have tried various stuff from all sorts of racetams to noopept.

>I have played over 3500 chess matches online on lichess, but I haven't improved 1 single inch
I know what's wrong with you. Your mindset is fucked up. You don't care about learning. You just go with the flow with repetitive motions.
You need to want to improve yourself.

>Intelligence is something you cannot increase, atleast not Fluid intelligence, which basically define who you gonna be. It will limit your options.

I don't buy that.

So, how do I change my mindset? How do I want something?

Oh, I am officially diagnosed with chronic depression, had a Major depressive episode and it's actually still ongoing.

I have no real interests.

Read it up on Wiki or any science page.

You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now You're not the boss of me now

Fuck off.

FPS shooters and chess increase spatial intelligence.

Studying vocabulary words and/or reading "difficult" books improves verbal IQ.

G-score intelligence is almost completely genetic.

>FPS shooters and chess increase spatial intelligence.
any source on that?

Im willing to believe FPS shooters increase spatial intelligence, but what does chess have to do with that?

Stop complaining.

inject marijuanas in your eyelid

Glial cell transplants.

Not him but I guess it's because in chess you have to move the pieces in your mind and imagine what the board looks like if you do certain moves and where all the pieces are depending on how many moves deep and variations you calculate

You're fucked. Not because you have a low IQ but because your mindset is fucked and you don't know how to fix it.

Intelligence is 80% mindset and 20% talent. Maybe even more mindset.
What you definitely need to stop doing is being self conscious about your intelligence. Actually don't compare your intelligence to others at all. You need to develop an urge of curosity. You need to look at any subject and think "That's interesting!" Or at least imagine how you could use any information you gain at any given time in a productive way.
You need to lear stuff because they genuinely interest you, not because you want to impress people. Set macro goals and think if ways how you can reach them and what steps you would need to take for that. Don't be lazy. Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you don't understand something always try to figure out WHY you don't understand it and go through it step by step.

Who has the higher intelligence to solve the building architectural problem: programmer or mathematician? No one. You can't be intelligent in general.

this

Feel-good nonsense.

Not slightest much, but increased response times.

A man who is supposedly very intelligent said that IQ has to do with intelligence and to increase one's intelligence means simply that one needs be able to find the difference between things.

For instance, if you are learning to drive a manual transmission car, you need to learn te difference between when the motor will stall and when not while you are using clutch.

A highly intelligent driver is an expert in using a clutch. He uses it with the greatest speed and accuracy. A "dumb" driver requently stalls his car and is inefficient and slow.

Anyway, does this this sound stupid to you or could it be helpful?

Good diet and exercise is actually quite well established to increase intelligence.

choose better parents