He voluntarily wants to sit in front of a computer all day and kiss a bosses' ass in the STEM field instead of healing...

>He voluntarily wants to sit in front of a computer all day and kiss a bosses' ass in the STEM field instead of healing people in the medical field for the same or more pay

I seriously hope you aren't doing this

If you don't think that your kissing ass all day in med school and time in residency then you're delusional.

And if you're going into medicine for the sole purpose of 'healing people' you'll be burnt out before you even know it.

>thinking you can get the job you want without hard work & studying

If you weren't a pre-med freshman trying to rationalize your decision, you would realize that you'll be stuck with over $200k in debt by the time you're finished.

Couldn't you just get a military scholarship?

Why do you post this every day? You're board cancer m8 time to leave.

> medifags spend at least 15+ years working as slaves
kek
> less pay
not really if you are really good at some trending fields like machine learning you can get near 150-200k right off PhD, even 200k+ in Big 4

You faggots all suck. What use is science if it isn't interesting? Want to know why I became a botanist? Because I manage cannabis crops for a company in town. I get free cannabis, I get paid handsomely, I get to do what I love. Why the hell would I want to be a doctor?

>He voluntarily wants to sit in front of a computer all day

Yeah, I do. As a matter of fact, I am at the office right now. I voluntarily work in front of a computer so that I can post on Veeky Forums, read stuff and sometimes even watch anime (when workload is really light).

Every since I started using the internet every single second I had free one of my goals was to get a job that would require me to sit in front of a computer 100% of the time, no breaks. And now I got it.

Another one of my minor goals was a job that did not require me to speak to people other than co-workers.

Good look doing the same, faggot. Even if you manage to have a good computer at your office I doubt you could be able to watch a 24 minute episode uninterrupted unless it is really late.

>kiss a bosses' ass

I don't do that and no one here really does this. If by kissing ass you mean being polite then I suppose, but you would be exagerating. If you mean being super nice all the time and pretending to always being available then that would be too obvious and the only people who need to do that to climb up are secretaries and other type of assistants, who will usually have shitty lib arts degrees.

>I seriously hope you aren't doing this
You jelly?

>200k
I was never this delusional. I hate your generation.

>Everyone is American
lmao, your education system is fucked. Still, 200k debt at a starting salary of, what, 90k? Doesn't sound too bad to me.

>I manage cannabis crops for a company in town
How are you a botanist?

>scholarship for 12 years of education
lol...

Sure, but consider the fact that you'll still be in school making McDonalds-tier wages until your 30's.

It's not even that bad if you're smart about it. I went to a state school and lived with parents, 5,500 tuition a year, but I had poor people scholarships so I finished with 2,000 in debt because I borrowed some money to buy a laptop freshman year.

Now you can go in two directions, private or public. Private will get you more scholarship money, but you have to have great grades and MCAT. You can also go MD PhD program, that is fully funed, so you get paid graduate student stipend for all 7 years while you're in school.

I got a full-time job as a Nurse Assistant my senior year and stayed there another year after graduating and then applied and enrolled in medical school. I made 28,000 a year, and was able to save up 35,000 dollars, living at home.

I then went to Alpert Medical School, a private school. It was actually cheaper for me to go there than my local state school because of so much financial aid. I was given a large financial aid package, and also applied to small scholarships (NO ONE APPLIES TO THESE!) and ended up paying out of pocket about 10,000 a year, which was covered by government loans. I had 35,000 saved up for apartment, food, books, etc. I graduated with about 40,000 in loan debt, which I am close to paying off, and I am only a resident. First year residents start at 57,000 here, and grows about three to four thousand a year.

It is very affordable if you are smart with your money. There were kids in my class who came in with 250 - 300,000 in UNDERGRADUATE debt.

>and grows about three to four thousand a year.

Not gonna lie m8, that growth is pretty sweet. I'm sure that medicine is the only career that has such stable growth.

That is only for residents, they are still training to be doctors. That is pretty bad for the amount of time we put in. 80 - 120 hours a week is the norm in surgery. The law says you can only officially work 80, but the attendings will laugh at you if you do that. You need to read journals, write articles to publish, keep up on new techniques, etc.

>120 hours a week
>57,000 starting

Assuming 52 week years, that is roughly about 9$ per hour. That doesn't sound that good after all my man.

It doesn't if you don't love it. Thankfully I love it.

It does*

this is why you do applied math and go into finance

...so you're not american and therefore don't make US doctor money and therefore this thread isn't logical.

nice job OP you fucking moron.

kill yourself.

>interviewing this week for a position as a physicist/nuclear engineer
>company develops and manufactures brachytherapy "seeds" that treat prostate cancer
>mfw best of both worlds

>applied math
Eww.

>finance
HOLY FUCK. Nigga, trigger warning before you post gore.

Dr. Cox please go

>I get good enough grades to be accepted into a med school

I seriously hope you aren't thinking this.

MD-PhD programs are not only free, they confer a stipend.

It isn't unheard of, but you'll be legally obligated to serve as a military physician for comparatively little pay for the rest of your life.