Is it just me, or is the uncanny valley not that bothersome?

Is it just me, or is the uncanny valley not that bothersome?

What can explain the exception to the rule Veeky Forums?

Autism. You should get checked.

Honestly, the Uncanny Valley is just a meme.

You have probably known you were looking at lifelike CGI everytime and it wasn't interactive.

If instead, a president or high profile personality (or maybe there will be a service for anyone's relatives in the future), were to die and be quickly replaced with lifelike CG or people were able to use lifelike CG AI for their online presence, it would probably be bothersome when you didn't know if you were interacting with a real person or their digital representation.

>What can explain the exception to the rule Veeky Forums?

You being a super special snowflake!

But really, something mundane like being on the autism spectrum.

You should get yourself checked.

maybe that the pic related isn't in the uncanny valley?
It's not even close to a human

It's pretty spoopy to normal people

You probably have autism or something

Imagine being married and living out in the forest. Imagine one day coming home and seeing your wife act slightly off. She behaves normally, but something doesn't quite feel right. When nighttime comes she progressively acts stranger and stranger. When it's finally time to go to bed she sits at the edge of the bed smiling at you, waiting for you to join her, asking you to turn the light off.

The real problem about the uncanny valley is the implication that there is a possibility of danger, somethings not quite right and by the time you can determine what's going on, it may already be too late.

>Is it just me, or is the uncanny valley not that bothersome?
Ask yourself a question "would I fuck it?" and see how uncanny it makes you feel.

People get used to the strangest things with enough exposure and you look into a mirror nearly every day.

Can anyone still in this thread try to explain what the uncanny valley fear feels like to you? I don't really get it.

except it isnt

To be honest with you it is buddy

Try to google it, mate. There are serious scientific papers about it and everything. It is also an obvious effect for everybody non autistic

How come it only prompts fear when it's very close to completely human but not quite?

Because it is very close to completely human but not quite. Nobody is confused by an obvious fake

But if you can identify it as non human how can it still confuse you?

things in the 'uncanny valley' resemble a very mentally ill human being, i.e. someone who would probably cause long term harm to the health of a prehistoric tribe, thus it's natural to be afraid and uncomfortable around such a thing

There, I gave you the EVOLUTIONARY EXPLANATION for uncanny valley making people uncomfortable. 2 memes for the price of 1. You can go home now.

Nevermind I understand now
Thanks lad

Is it true that autism/asperger syndrome negates this or is that just shitposting?

inability to detect/recognize facial expressions is a symptom of autism, and a lack of micro expressions is probably why people find uncanny valley creepy

so yes, although Veeky Forums is not a doctor and cannot diagnose you with autism

>But if you can identify it as non human
but you cant really

what does bother you then?