How come women are no longer very attracted to things like raw physical strength while men still seek out features that...

How come women are no longer very attracted to things like raw physical strength while men still seek out features that would indicate a good breeding partner?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200903/beautiful-people-are-more-intelligent-i
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're attracted to fitness (athletic bodies), which is different from strength.

They are, which is why they're repulsed by fat people.

>How come women are no longer very attracted to things like raw physical strength

How do you figure that?

Aesthetics is very correlated with muscle strength. If a person looks like Scooby, chances are he is also quite strong.

Why are you asking this shit on a STEM board when it's a social question? Anyway that's not true, and also you are being heternormative.

women want strong genetics, not some guy who has to fake it by slaving away in a gym

if you have to work to be strong -> you're a phony -> compensating for weak genes -> you would make a poor "breeding partner"

It's not really a social question what people are attracted to at all.

There has been numerous studies on this, and the universality of attractive traits is quite well attested.

>Complains about psychology
>Brings up gender theory bullshit

>How come women are no longer very attracted to things like raw physical strength
wat

you're dismissing the fact that strong genetics could also be those that influence determination :^)

either way, strong genetics aren't worth shit if you just sit around all day, making the entire idea of isolating strong genetics from whatever we do with them in our environment entirely pointless

also, this focus on strength is bizarre given that explosive strength has been secondary to endurance for most human endeavors since always

>if you have to work to be strong -> you're a phony -> compensating for weak genes -> you would make a poor "breeding partner"

and no, no actual woman sits around thinking >hurr his phenotype is mostly environmental and less genotypal, i shouldn't breed with him

>strong genetics aren't worth shit if you just sit around all day

How would you sit around all day if you had strong genetics though?

Do you think genetics only applies to your limbs and intestines, and not your brain and mind or what?

well we're talking about strong breeding genetics, obviously referring to phenotypical features indicating physical strength right, as per your gym example

>How would you sit around all day if you had strong genetics though?

there are plenty of overweight-obese people in the US and quite a few of them are bound to have some proper strongman genetics, doesn't seem to stop them

>Do you think genetics only applies to your limbs and intestines, and not your brain and mind or what?

the genes that make you naturally physically fit doesn't necessarily tie into genes making your smart or motivated, do they?

>the genes that make you naturally physically fit doesn't necessarily tie into genes making your smart or motivated, do they?

Considering the fact that there have been several studies, even recently, that have find correlations between being physically attractive and being smart, I'm not so sure.

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200903/beautiful-people-are-more-intelligent-i

>and no, no actual woman sits around thinking >hurr his phenotype is mostly environmental and less genotypal, i shouldn't breed with him

not consciously no, but they do make fun of guys on steroids and gymrats for "trying too hard"

"trying too hard" is a euphemism for attempting to compensate for shit genes

that study measures physical attraction, in which indicators of physical strength are only a minor part - i'd wager that the main factor in that study was everything going on with the persons head - facial structure and styling

the study doesn't really investigate the genetics either - might as well just be that genetics for a high IQ makes a person take care of themselves better (pretty sure i read something about higher IQ correlating with lower ratios of obesity simply because of smart people being better at working towards long term satisfaction better) rather than actually having anything to do with genetics affecting their appearance

in the other direction it could be that genetic damage, disease and birth defects causing people to become 'extremely unattractive' also comes with with a slightly drop in intelligence - given the 15000 participants a bunch of them probably had common genetic defects and things like FAS

>"trying too hard" is a euphemism for attempting to compensate for shit genes

or it's just an indicator of insecurity which is also unattractive

or it's obsessive which would make a relationship with the person boring

or some is unnaturally muscular to the point where it looks weird

or they're intimidated because of their own insecurities

it could be plenty of things

This board is dedicated to science.
Citation needed.

If I had to write my posts like I have to write papers with citations and proper structure I wouldn't come here

You're just gonna have to take my word for what I write

women want to get with hot guys too, it's just a lower level of priority.

There are more important things you can trade your desirable qualities for. Like vacations in the bahamans.
It's realistic for a beautiful women to aquire this financial gain for her physical availability, while it's rare a man can make such a bargain.

>women want to get with hot guys too, it's just a lower level of priority.

I don't think it is, depending on the age of the woman in question.

I'm pretty sure that every young female that is 18+ years old, wants to be rammed by the hottest man around, just like men want with the hottest women.

It's just that when you're 30 and want to settle down with someone, you can't marry the jock with huge muscles you fucked in a bathroom stall, because he's long gone, and now you have to settle for something.

And women in most cases settle for the average guys with well-paid jobs.

This is a board about discussing science, not a peer reviewed journal or publication

conjecture is to be expected honestly

and not a single person here actually lifts

T.t.t.t.tT.t.t/t

Men - can offer money
Women - can offer looks in most cases

so based on this each seem to seek following

Men -looks as they can get money by work
Women - money as they can get sexy men on side

From evolutionary side: Women can produce offspring every 9 month(if lucky), but man can fuck many women and produce multiple offsprings on same time. So this comes down to spreading your genes. Thanks to this women tend to find most secure partner, someone who stays around and helps raise offspring. More on topic The Selfish Gene by RIchard Dawkins.