Is it immoral to perform scientific experiments on rats?

Is it immoral to perform scientific experiments on rats?

No, because all morality is subjective.

Yes, but its worth it anyway

I'll kill your mom and steal all of her money. It'll be worth it.

No it won't because you won't be able to spent the money in jail

>cant spend money in jail
Wat?

You can try

Lol passive threat

screw morals, what matters is that the results obtained can apply to humans hence why experimenting on pigs is often better.

That being said, there's fuckloads of rat specimens to experiment with in comparison to pigs/human volunteers so why the fuck not?

No it's not, his mother is very strong and cunning

And hungry like da wolf? Is your name Duran Duran?

Not only do I not believe it's immoral, I can justify human torture experiments like what you read in those shitty creepypastas if it means promising conclusions that'll better all of humanity. Let's start on criminals, Muslims, and black people.

Not as much as humans. We should find a way to develop humans without self awareness (knowing they're alive) and experiment on them. Sounds fucked up, but the potential knowledge is worth it.

I'm for stem cell research, if 5 fetuses need to die to save MILLIONS of people, it's worth it.

proposition
>all morality is subjective
proof:

Proof that it is objective?

Both assertions remain unproven

Thus an impasse. We must break for tea, as per Cambridge rules.

>all of humanity
You do realize that's not a thing that really exists, right? Your collectivism shows weakness of the mind.

Torture is justified if it benefits ME.

Fuck "humanity".

I love the hint of Machiavelli.

Who gives a fuck, it's our planet

Pretty much, yeah.

Rats are not ethical subjects so no, it's not immoral to perform scientific experiments on rats (provided you own the rats or you are using them with permission of the owner).

How is that a scientific question?

Questions of good and evil, right and wrong are commonly thought unanswerable by science. But Sam Harris argues that science can — and should — be an authority on moral issues, shaping human values and setting out what constitutes a good life.

Just use albanians

I once used my neighbor's negro for an experiment while he was away, assuming it would be fine. Unfortunately experiment killed him.

I end up feeling bad about my unethical behavior in the longrun, and have to pay the guy to go get a new one. Oh well, you know?

but a negro is an ethical subject so your argument is invalid.

HA well done lad

So what you're saying is that we should engineer rats to have emotional and logical thought, give them the ability to make scientific advancements, and check to see whether they perform those experiments on fleas to determine whether or not to do experiments on rats? I love it.

Of course not, neither are you.

You're not me, why would I care about your suffering?

History that shows that people can justify anything and deeply belief in what they are doing while other humans can completely reject and maybe not even understand their belief?
Thus making it subjective.

>have albanian neighbors who keep making noise and making the hallway stink after their gross food
Yes please

For a nihilist nothing is immoral.

No, the negro is property. The form of his body, existence, and all ethics regarding his use fall only to the whims of his master, or one who holds proof of ownership.

> nihilist

idttmwytim

Wrong millennium, retard.

not if the rats are undocumented, don't have a family, or are especially brown/black

on other rats it's very immoral, very haram, very bad no-no sin sin

Like mouse, like negro. If he is property, as his master you are to determine what is ethical.

>Wrong millennium

Natural law is not slave to temporal factors. If there is to be property, and there is to be the negro, the nature of ethics pertaining to him and his being is fully derived via his master's discretion.

Your "edgy" trolling is so obvious it's just boring.

Can't you annoy kids your age in real life?

You're not even faking the language properly.

It's not trolling, nor is it edgy. It's simply following the inane and utterly banal logic of the poster I first quoted. He stands at the base of the grand chain, just as the negro, his labor, and the fruits thereof will comprise links of the interlocking chains. The negro's fruits as well are at the discretion of his owner.

>It's not trolling, nor is it edgy.
Yeah right kiddo, go play elsewhere. This board is for 18+.

No, I'm not. I'm not feeling too sharp, and while I can internally reconstruct and replicate the phrasing and intonation of a southern plantation owner, the rest just isn't in me right now.

I can't pull it off right now, but I'm still having fun mocking the poster above at length. Responses like yours are an added bit of value.

I'm 22.
Work on your heuristics.

Moral of this story is the abstract notion of ownership has little bearing on any meaningful ethical framework. Such a way of thinking is lazy and myopic.

My involvement ends.

Nice try, kiddo. Go play with the other "edgy" kids your age.

I know you're not old enough to understand yet, but this is a science board. Veeky Forums is generally for grownups.

That's terrible idea. I wouldn't trust my pastor or some Osteenish hack with scientific issues, so why should I trust some guy who studies animals and machinery for a living tell me how to live my life?

No.
To all of those things.

I'm sorry, but he dismantled you. There's no going back from that.

*tips fedora*

Slavery is backed by THE BIBLE.

Pic related: You right now.