Learn math by yourself

How can I learn stuffs like Analysis, Differential Geometry by myself? I'm not a math major but I need it for my PhD career.
I have just started for a few weeks usiQAng Terry Tao's and Lee's books. However, for most of the times, I can't tell if my proof is right or wrong.
I posted in the SQT here but I rarely got an answer.
I guess going to an actual math class has its advantage after all. I have so many questions to ask but asking online is slow and unsatisfying. Every time an user answered, it just raised even more questions.
I feel complete lost.

Programming.

What.

just do it fgt

Programming help learning math? I just don't understand what you are trying to say.

Khanacademy.org

you're going to need someone who knows what he's doing to give you a hand to get you started

Tao's book is a great choice. Differential geometry is too far from you at this point. The first things you should learn well are Real Analyais (again, Tao's book is great) and linear algebra (I like Hoffman & Kunze for this)

I'm a math senior, you can ask me some questions here if you want, and I can give you a throwaway email as well if you're motivated and want to be able to ask me questions later on

download a ripped copy of a computer program named maple or at least google it and see if it would help you

Do you guys even know what analysis is?
> write proof
> check proof for logical inconsistencies
> check proof against ones on proofwiki/in your fucking analysis book
And if there's some lemma you used that others didn't ask specific questions on math stackexchange, math irc, or here on the /math/ board.

Link to your /sqt/ question?
Or rewrite it?

there's an initial period of learning how to write a proof where you have no idea of how much rigor is enough

it helped me a LOT in those first weeks to have someone to lend me a hand

I have already learned most of what they offer though. But thanks anw.
>linear algebra (I like Hoffman & Kunze for this)
I will try it.
>I can give you a throwaway email
Please do. It's great if I can email you to ask things.

[email protected]

Learning math isn't hard. All you have to do is start with the basics and work yuor way up like with any other skill.
First off: observe the great mathematicians of our time; i.e. Notorious B.I.G., Tupac Shekur, Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, etc.

Seriously, the old masters have a lot to teach.

Once you've got basic hip-hop theory down, you can graduate to full on rap battles.

Practice whatever you want to get good at, remember. Rap battles will be like your exams in school.

Be sure to choose worthy opponents.

You will get better with time, trust me.

A firery hip hop beat isn't made in only 1 day remember.

Hope this helps.

yeah I usually asked questions (or very subtly posted my proofs) here on Veeky Forums.
Stackexchange is also nice.

I didn't have a problem with rigor so much as style. Just go as rigorous as you can, until you start getting bored of things like showing associativity/commutativity of basic groups

epin troll there m8, upboated XD

I don't get why you think i'm a troll.

Mathematics and Rap Music are pratically the same.

Almost everyhting in the observable universe can be reduced to rap music.

Ergo, from rap stems math.

on this note, "Mathematical Writing" by Franco Vivaldi is an amazing book. highly reccomended,

Thanks, I will check it out.

Jacob Ian Cong. I knew it

Do it