Is it possible to get a 2 PhD's in your lifetime? One in Physics and one in Maths?

Is it possible to get a 2 PhD's in your lifetime? One in Physics and one in Maths?

Other urls found in this thread:

brandeins.de/archiv/2015/talent/franz-kiraly-ausgerechnet-talent/
ucl.ac.uk/statistics/people/franz-kiraly
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

print off a couple of pages with the word 'phd' on them and read some wikipedia articles

your name will be remembered for eternity and you will get all of tghe girls in the world craving your big 9 inch phd dick

I don't think wasting another 5 years of your life is a good idea user. Just go out, date some girls, fuck some chicks, make big money and live your life.

It is possible, but you are almost certainly collecting degrees at that point.

There is very little reason to have 2 PhDs. The whole point of a PhD is to show that you can do independent research. If you are capable of that, you should be able to pursue any type of research if you put your mind to it, even stuff not within your immediate field.

Of course, to get to the cutting edge of research often requires a great depth of knowledge that takes years to cultivate, so it can be difficult to jump fields willy nilly, but going to grad school twice isn't going to help you in that respect.

Here's some wisdom: Grad school is about research, not what classes you take.

Yes it's possible. Not advised at all. Infact, you'll be looked down on. The degree name doesn't mean that much, especially between physics and math. There are physics phds doing pure mathematics, and there are math PhDs doing physics. Hell, half the MIT biology professors are math and physics phds

You can but there's no real point. Double major in both then Masters and PhD in whichever takes your fancy more.

Yes.

Look at this guy.

brandeins.de/archiv/2015/talent/franz-kiraly-ausgerechnet-talent/

ucl.ac.uk/statistics/people/franz-kiraly

>4+1 degrees (Math, Physics, Informatics/CS, Medicine) by the age of 23
>holding down 2 PhD's
>just in his ending 20's as well

>Look at this guy.

shit posture, shit stasche, clearly overweight. All the degrees and he does not know the basics of taking care of his body, as if he was playing on the stereotype.

I'd give her my two PhDs if you know what I mean.

That's not how PhDs work.

It is in Hollywood.

>we want to establish that this character is a genius
>alright, let's come up with a scene where he can showcase his wits
>nah, let's just say he's got 5 PhDs

maybe once we can extend our healthy years by another 50-75 people will be able to focus more on education.
Can you imagine having a Phd in chemistry, biology, and physics?

Isn't math ~ physics ?

>Is it possible to get a 2 PhD's in your lifetime?
Happens all the time... People get a law degree realize it is NOT the ticket to wealth then get a PhD in an actual STEM field, THEN they roll in the money. Technically/scientifically competent lawyers are EXTREMELY sought after in any large law firm.

That's not two phds. That's a professional degree and law degree.

What about double master in physics/mathematics? Any point in that, career wise?

Sure, but why the fuck would you want to?

Grad school is about learning to be a research scientist. If you've gone through grad school once, you have nothing to gain going again, and you're at a point in your education where you should be able to teach yourself the material without needing a codified educational system to handhold you.

A PhD only makes sense if you plan on doing a lifetime of Research or Teaching, otherwise Masters is enough. ANY degree combined with a Masters in Mathematics is a good idea.

You can do a JD-PhD simultaneously. It's no different than a MD-PhD.

Yes it is possible. But if you don't ever get tired of hunting praise from teachers all your life you're probably kind of a boring and sad person.

There's not much point. You could bolt any additional research onto your PhD and save time and still be called doctor.

>ucl.ac.uk/statistics/people/franz-kiraly
Just fuck my shit up m8

Is that a real dual PhD? It seems more like a MD PhD, which isn't that rare. I have no idea of the degree system in Germany.

this. if you are a chemistry PhD and publish a paper on physics, barely anyone is going to question your credibility as long as your logic is sound. PhD teaches how to do research and, I would argue for more hands on sciences like chemistry, practical knowledge of the craft. ask any bachelor chemist how to perform a synthesis of X or characterize Y or etc etc. and they most likely wont be able to do it. maybe explain how theoretically, but its more than likely they've never touched on that knowledge or the equipment required to do so. only basic instruments.

Wow that's a fantastic ass

Not going to lie... I would cheat on wife and bust many many nuts in that woman

Fuck off. These posts have nothing to do with science.

let me guess, you don't have one phd

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THAT
WHY
WHY

Yes.

This is quite common in Germany.

It takes a PhD to get a serious job in Germany. Only if you have two will you stand out from the crowd. So you get name tags like
Herr Professor Dr. Dr. von und zun Etwas.

Close. Usually it is the other way round: people doing Science and a PhD, starting out as a researcher. Then find that salaries are the pits, no budgets for new professors (a gigantic problem in my country) and the career is blocked thanks to the dead-mans-shoes rule.

Then start out in IPR as a patent agent, progress with a law degree and become a patent attorney and some also get a PhD in IR law.

As you say these are sought after and salaries are unlike what a scientist can hope for even without a PhD in law.