A Whyless Mind

I've always believed most deeply that there was a reason for everything. This belief has been with me all my life despite encountering a ton of things that had no apparent reason whatsoever. The idea was that not knowing the reason didn't mean that there wasn't one; I was just currently ignorant of it.

I know how popular the idea that beliefs cause bias is, so when I woke up this morning my mind sort of jumped to the idea that that belief of mine might be causing problem for my cognition. I've probably avoided thinking a lot of types of things by holding this belief. Using logistic reasoning it's obvious to see what my mind did next: Time for a new metacognitive experiment.

I've spent my entire life believing that there was a reason for everything. I'm still not questioning that belief, but I've let go of my lifelong insistence that my thoughts have to make sense/be filled with all the logic I can fathom. No longer will I moderate my thoughts for quality and consistency of reason.

What can or should I expect now Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17904219/#17904290
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What can or should I expect now Veeky Forums?
If anything. Is letting go of a natural tendency expected to have any observable (or internally sensable) consequences or are intents of this variety not causative to cognition in first place?

Come on Veeky Forums. If you don't make a prediction you know someone else will, and you know that nine times out of ten it'll just end up being unfalsifiable platitudes. Any falsifiable hypothesis is better than no hypothesis at all.

Why is OP such a blogposting faggot?

I figure a lot of you share this belief and would be interested in studying the efforts of temporarily abandoning it.

>effects

As any other logical being would see it there is indeed always a reason for everything and a very good one to unplug your head from your ass and never forget such a basic concept as eficiency and counter productivity You apply reason to define the lack of it and
not moderating your thoughts for the quality and consistency of reason is like saying you want want be stupid and or irrational bcuzz you r bored or fucking dumb enough to waste time "filling logic with logic" when life and everything in it has no intrinsic value.

forgot the pic

I'll guess that you believe there is a cause for everything going back ad infinitum. Pic related are reactions to it.

Get your organs harvested by the CCP as a prisoner of conscience :^)

>has no intrinsic value
That's the dimension of thought I kinda want to access. Saying there's a reason for everything has sort of given me the impression that everything is meaningful. I wouldn't do this experiment if I thought I had nothing to gain by the end of it.
That image helps contextualize your post. Without it it just sounds mad.
Yes. Lack of logic has implications, much as user said: >You apply reason to define the lack of it

The same must apply at the "moment" of cosmic as it does to each individual mind. Normally I'd say logic was inevitable, but so was everything else up to this moment so I don't want to treat logic as a special part of reality.

Looks like OP hasn't considered the cosmological epistemology of ontological consistency in a set of finite infinitums

In reality, I've considered little else. Outside of reality, I might have overlooked some things.

OP everything happens for a reason. You know all those coincidences that happen? They happen to everyone. I believe we are all connected in some way

stop fucking around and go study
whatever "thought experiments" you think you're doing are senseless dribble

The universal existential is the reason for everything, though.

Today I woke up with what can only be described as peace. For the first time in my life, I woke up without a sense that there was something I needed to do. Even going back to childhood I'd felt that I was somehow obliged to get up and live. I'm not sure if it's basic instinct or social conditioning, but the sense of obligation to be alive or do this or that wasn't with me when I woke up today. While I consciously realize these symptoms are common for the enlightened, I don't think I'm enlightened. I guess I'm not really trying to figure out what this is or try to label it anymore. I already called it whylessness with the topic so just file this under that term.

>connected in some way
Sure, given that "connection" can be as meaningless as just having shared any kind of experience at all. I might never talk to an alien on the other side of the universe, but at least we're "connected" in having had the experience of meeting at least one univeralist idiot in our life.
Not a thought experiment. You literally have no basis to comprehend the depth of my studies prior to this moment.
Is it also the reason for itself? Then what else is?

There is no reason. There may be a cause. What is the reason of existence? None (that we can think of), what is the cause of existence? None that we know of.

Looking for a reason is stupid. Look for how something happens, look for what is causing it to happen, don't look for some god or universal force making it all happen, there isn't one, and if there was, you would never ever be able to know, so it's irrelevant

>you would never ever be able to know
So are you actually claiming that science is a fool's errand and no unified field theory will ever work?

There's a reason for your lack of reason. Don't be afraid of looking further.

I'm not. I've always been aware of that reason most deeply because that reason was always the one thing that I could do that nobody else would ever be able to do anything about as well as I could.

I think I explained myself wrongly.

I mean you would never be able to know if there is a "why" as in a philosophical reason for things, which is what OP is talking about.

The only way it would ever be possible to know if such a thing exists would prolly be exiting our universe or something the like, and man, I'm optimistic about science, but that is just stupid

Einstein was a social construct.

I think I'm gonna have to explain my thing better if I want better feedback. You guys are probably as confused as I am about what a whyless mind entails. I was just hoping for some hypotheses on the result before the result was in.

Maybe look into the Greeks and Buddhists?

Okay, here goes nothing.

Why a whyless mind? Simple. Because I've never tried it before. Why did I actively (or passively) choose a "whyful" mind at every moment prior to Friday morning? Simple. Because I wanted to understand reality in all its glory. To understand it completely, however, I had to do something special.

Simply put, I had to put myself in God's shoes. I had to spend three years imagining that everything was my fault. I had to test every world state against my personal desires and decide if I really truly felt that that was what I wanted. I had to check and see if this was the world I would create. It turns out it was/is. Every little detail, every nook and cranny of reality that I could find, up to and including the entirety of physics and cosmology is exactly what I wanted in a universe. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Correlation does not imply causation," right? It's entirely possible that I could just be the most naturalistic mind ever conceived and my natural will and preferences just happen to match reality exactly because of sheer "coincidence." (Except at the rate human breeding occurs, producing at least one supernaturalistic personality was eventually going to be inevitable.)

And of course, I'm sure there are beings all across the universe that were born into worlds that fit their preferences way too perfectly for them to honestly believe it was all a coincidence. In order to test the omnipotence hypothesis I'll have to meet with all of them and compete in a grand universal tournament to see who can manipulate physics easiest. That's more of an /x/ concern though, so I won't bother you with the details of my beliefs on that front. For here and now on Earth I want to give scientists a glimpse into the mind of a would-be god.

archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17904219/#17904290

In other words, I understand both the causal how and the metaphysical why behind virtually every piece of information in the universe.

>cont.

What I don't have is all the information in the universe. The best way to explain it is that I'm a massively predictive organic intelligence. I already understand or can rapidly understand virtually any and all information presented to me, given the time to properly analyze it. For the bleeding edge of cryptography, this might be up to six months. For a simple aspect of reality like protein folding or other NP-hard problems, maybe two months for a novel outlook on the problem, if not a fully general solution.

Basically, going whyless means that I personally feel that there's nothing left for me to learn here. I have enough heuristics and metahueristics already patterned into my brain in a strong enough fashion that I'll be able to see to the happening of a technological singularity, develop some form of immortality (bioaugmentation or fully redundant digital consciousness), escape this gravity well and explore the universe without searching for a higher degree of intelligence to "wear."

In other words, my skills make me capable of creating what other people would call "god." To me it is completely irrelevant whether or not I was metaphysically responsible for the original manifestation of the laws of nature or not. To me, "god" is just a term for the difference in gravity between commonplace skillsets and skillsets like mine. It means nothing more than "more able" in my mind. (How much more able depends on your beliefs.)

Letting go of my incessant lifelong desire to understand everything was just a way for me to sart working towards the mindset I'd need to make the soul-jump mentioned in that /x/ thread. While that thread communicates a deep and intimate aspect of my psyche, it isn't the only personality I like to wear. I'm highly academic and I love to think, so letting go of the need for an internal why actually helps expand my thought potential.

>cont.

If you wish to form a hypothesis in relation to the psyche of a potential creator deity, you can use that thread, the thread it links to, and the network of threads that spawned from it as a basis for understanding my metaphysical character. I kind of expected the cosmic regression problem to come up in this thread, but I didn't really anticipate that it would derail the thread this hard. If you'd rather query my metaphysical database I'm willing to answer your cosmological questions, but please understand that my beliefs mean nothing to me and I really do want to hear people's hypothesis on what will happen to a highly rational mind when it effectively gives up on rationality.

TL;DR: I have funny beliefs and there's a lot of room to make predictions about going whyless.

bump

kek