Has anyone read Cybernetics?

Yes

> anyone

probably

You don't want their implants.
Best to stay natural.
They'll get you with the implants.

bump

Cybernetics/cyborgonics is the mark of the beast. They want to digitalize our minds and eventually fuck with them, off them. Tread carefully. The signal is possessive, like a demon.

Cant get anything past the mathematicians can you?

Thanks for buming. Youre interested as well?

Yes, I interested as well.

Your mind is already digitized. Your internet habits are a reflection of your thought processes to a real spooky extent.

>mfw I'm starting a PhD this fall on neuron machine interaction

ya a few times; specifically that edition

Would someone please evaluate this book right now? I do not know whether buying it is worth it.

>>Request placed. Requests ahead of you: 1

popular stuff, I'm going to have to wait awhile now that you've piqued me interest OP

bump

bump

Brother!

bump

bump

Thanks for keeping my thread alive dude

You're welcome!

bump

So this is the power... of artificial life!

I still haven't gotten to it. I read another one of his books and the writing was good. Are curious for the scientific content or the history?

both. would be cool if you could elaborate on the connection between Shannon's 'Mathematical theory of information' and Cybernetics.

bump

bump

looks like absolute shit popsci

Save for the fact Wiener was an actual mathematician

irrelevant
the book is not shit popsci though, looked at it.

bump

Have you read it yourself? And what are your thoughts on cybernetics? Why are you asking if anyone has read it?

bump

Because I plan on reading it, as (I suspect) does my incognito friend who keeps this thread alive. I have little time and money so I was hoping for others input. If no one has anything to say about I may just take the plunge soon.

I am with you, incognito friend. I am interested as fuck, but nobody seems to have read it or does not want to share their impressions.

Ill probs read it this summer then, I can let you know what I thought of it? Im not sure if keeping this thread alive will work if nobody has replied indepth so far.

plunge? but it's online

Id buy a paperback cause I dislike reading that much on my laptop, just feels different you know?

Buy a kindle or a nook (kindle's a little better because both are easy enough to pirate too, but if you're being legit, amazon's store is much better than barns and nobel's)...and one of the digital paper ones, not the gimped android pad ones. Damn near reading a physical book, just missing some of the tactile pleasures, but the convenience far more than makes up for it.

If you're any kind of avid reader, it's one of the best investments you'll ever make.

Nope but I just bought this book because I've been wanting to read about it for a while now. Anyone else read this? How is it?

Reading scientific books (when there are figures or tables, at least) on kindle kind of sucks in my humble opinion to be quite desu, senpai. Feels good to have a tablet.

The only downside to this is that where I live ebooks are the same price, or just a fraction of the price cheaper than physical books. Until those prices become more balanced I will probably stick with physical books, but thanks for the advice.

Especially if the books contain a lot of tables and stuff I prefer flipping pages back and forth, enables me to keep my fingers between some of the pages for quick reference.

bump

bump

no

Thanks for your reply.

I'd be all over a wider systems theory thread or even just a later cybernetics thread, I just haven't read Cybernetics itself.

Yes. When I was um, 18 or so...

Go right ahead and turn this into a systems theory thread if you want, Cybernetics would be my first introduction to the field so I am just now knowledgeable in it myself.

Did you like it? How is it in terms of rigorousness?

bump

I will be ordering in a few days (need some other stuff as well). I will read it and report back, so lets just give up on this thread.

Aye aye.